PDA

View Full Version : Offical No Surrender Thread

wrestlingking
07-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Well tonight the wrestling company, most of the wrestling world has forgot about, known as TNA is holding the PPV No Surrender. Here is the card.

Steel Chain Dog Collar Match for the NWA World Title
Champion Raven Vs Abyss

X-Division Championship
Champion Christopher Daniels Vs Petey Williams

Guest Referee:Jerry Lynn
Aj Styles Vs Sean Waltman

America's Most Wanted Vs Alex Shelley and Michael Shane

Super X Cup Qualifier
Elix Skipper Vs Shark Boy Vs Sonjay Dutt Vs Mikey Batts

NO DQ Street Fight
The Truth and Konnan Vs The Outlaw and Monty Brown (personal note: just reform the New Age Outlaws 5 months of buildup is enough no one cares anymore)

Six Man Tag
NWA Tag Champs The Naturals and Lance Hoyt Vs Team Canada

Chris Sabin Vs Samoa Joe

Disturbed316
07-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Wow what a shit card.

Jaton
07-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, they do need to reform them.

Nowhere Man
07-17-2005, 06:31 PM
The only match that I'm remotely interested in is Raven/Abyss, and I've already seen them wrestle before.

wrestlingking
07-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow what a shit card.

I agree i think TNA was orignally hoping to get the ball rolling tonight with a "surprise" return of Rhyno and Matt Hardy. Rhyno will most likely make an apperance but now that TNA lost Hardy to WWE it screwed up their game plan in my opinion.

FearedSanctity
07-17-2005, 06:36 PM
I'll order it just to see Raven/Abyss, the Super X Qualifier and to see if Hardy DOES show up. If he does, I'll STILL be beyond fucking confused...

The One
07-17-2005, 07:11 PM
I am ordering it for Christopher Daniels vs. Petey Williams. Honest to god I think Williams is one of the best Cruiser/X guys in the world right now, plus he has a solid character (over played, but solid enough to have people know him). And I don't think I need to sell Daniels to anyone here so I will just end with that.

On a side note: I wouldn't be shocked to see Raven drop the belt tonight. Word around the water cool, or in TNA's case, word around the piss bucket, is that Raven is a VERY temp Champ and was done just to shock everyone into watching the online feed of TNA, and that likley until they land a TV deal the Title will be changing hands quite a few times. I assume on the debut show Jarrett will win the title back and hold it til they are kicked off whatever network puts them on, but until them we get to see the NWA World Title become about as important as the Hardcore 24/7 WWE Title.

Jaton
07-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Such a shame too. Raven actually deserved it, into my opinion.

Of course, we've still got to bow down to Jarrett's ego eventually.

wrestlingking
07-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I dont know what the deal is with Hardy's contract with WWE but it would be amazing if he did show up on TNA's PPV somehow tonight. I think it would help TNA but also majorly help WWE because if Hardy was to show up tonight, it would be a safe bet that the majority of the wrestling world would tune into Raw tomorrow night just to find out whats going on.

redoneja
07-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Rhino has just been confirmed for the PPV by Mike Tenay on the pre-show

Shaggy
07-17-2005, 07:54 PM
WOW....

Jarrett made fun of the fans for believing that whole Matt Hardy storyline thing was real....LOL

that was pretty funny

Loose Cannon
07-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Wow, he's a moron.

I say that because most TNA fans are smakrs and they know he was the one who contacted Matt Hardy to sign with TNA. Nice play Jeff

Mr. JL
07-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I am AMPED up for a Rhino return! I hope he gets a strong push, and I'd definitely like to see a Rhino versus AJ Styles match in the future.

Volchok
07-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Jarret is just a poor mans Triple H.

Mr. JL
07-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Jarrett is an idiot. The fact that pulled himself out of The King Of The Mountain match b/c he can't lose b/c it will hurt his character proves it. However, the match/show was a little better for it.

At least Triple H ultimately knows what is good for business (he just doesn't do it sometimes).

Loose Cannon
07-17-2005, 08:49 PM
so......what's happening?

wrestlingking
07-17-2005, 08:54 PM
So far Sonjay Dutt has won the X-cup qualifier match

wrestlingking
07-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Super X Cup Qualification: Shark Boy vs. Primetime Elix Skipper vs. Mikey Batts vs. Sonjay Dutt
Prior to the match they ran a video feature pushing that the tournament would start this week on Impact and the finals would be at the next PPV. Mikey Batts has new ring gear that reminds me of the SATs outfits. Batts seemed to be working heel, slapping Dutt. Dutt and Batts chopped each other. Dutt hit flying headscissors. Shark Boy tagged in and faced off with Dutt.

Shark dropkicked Dutt, but missed with a clothesline. Shark hit a single leg kick, but Batts attacked him with a cheap shot from behind. Shark bit him in the rear. Shark Boy worked over Elix in the corner.

Dutt hit a double stomp to the stomach of Skipper. Skipper unleashed with a series of clotheslines on Batts. Skipper drove Batts down with a suplex variation. He put Batts on the ropes and did the Skywalker. As Skipper went for the hurranrana, he slipped and crashed to the floor. It looked scary but he got back to his feet in time to catch a Shark Boy plancha.

They did a series of dives before returning to the ring. Dutt dropkicked Shark's knee, then hit an enziguiri. Dutt went to the corner but Batts cut him off.

Batts suplexed Dutt off with Dutt landing on Shark Boy. Skipper caught Batts and hit Sudden Death (Kryptinite Krunch). Shark Boy hit the dead sea drop on Skipper who bumped out of the ring.

Dutt took out Shark Boy and hit the Hindu Press on Batts for the pin. Your winner, Sonjay Dutt, who moves onto the tournament.

wrestlingking
07-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Simon Diamond & David Young vs. Sonny Siaki & Apollo
Young and Apollo started off with Apollo pressing and dropping Young. Tenay said that Diamond sees himself as a mix of Joe Torre and Bobby Knight. The babyfaces hit a flapjack on Young.

Siaki took over Young with an armdrag. Diamond pulled down the ropes as Siaki rebounded off the ropes. Siaki fell to the floor. Young hit a springboard moonsault to the floor. Apollo took down Diamond.

Siaki worked over Diamond and Young with chops on the floor. Back in the ring, Young slapped Siaki and he responded in kind. Diamond tagged in and cleaned house on Siaki. Diamond was unable to get a pinfall.

Apollo tagged in and took out Diamond and Young. Diamond went for a discus forearm but Apollo hit an Ace Crusher.

Young hit a spinebuster on Apollo but wasn't the legal man and his pin was unallowed. Apollo took down Young and scored the pin.
Your winners, Apollo and Siaki.

Loose Cannon
07-17-2005, 11:04 PM
After the match, Jeff Jarrett's music hits. Jarrett appears in the entrance way guitar and mic in hand. Jarrett tells Raven that the nightmare is over. He said he is going to give him a reality wake up call. Jarrett said there is no one who can stop him from coming to the ring and taking what is rightfully his...the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Jarrett tells Raven to get ready as he makes his way down the ramp. Raven prepares for Jarrett. RHINO then appears in the ring behind Raven. Jarrett tells Raven to turn around. When Raven does, Rhino gives him a huge Gore! Rhino taunts at Raven on the mat as Jarrett hits the ring smiling as the PPV goes off the air...

seriously, how much more gayer can TNA get? This is like same storyline repeated over again for the 4th time with someone joining Jarrett.

KayfabeMan
07-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Ooohhh, excuse me Mr. LC, I didn't know you don't live on Planet Jarrett with the rest of us. In other words....EVERYONE must join Jarrett goddamnit!!! :mad: :rant:

:shifty:

KayfabeMan
07-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Also, what the fuck is with Sonjay Dutt?

The guy is a mediocre freakin' talent, and everyone is on his nuts like he's great. Get over it. The guy is like Amazing Red. He can flip-flop and fly, but he isn't a wrestler. I guess that is what wrestling has come to when actual talents aren't appreciated, and below average wrestlers are glorified. Oh wait....that happened like forever ago.

KingofOldSchool
07-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Wait so they spent a good part of the PPV hyping Jarrett gathering a "Greeting party" for Rhino only for Rhino to actually be on the same side as Jarrett?

That's really fucking lame.

Innovator
07-18-2005, 12:07 AM
The main event was good, as was Daniels/Petey.

Styles vs. Waltman was good

It looks like they're pushing Samoa Joe in the Super X Cup tourney so he'll fight Daniels.

Joe/Sabin was good also

The One
07-18-2005, 02:18 AM
General thoughts from tonight...

I am not sure why they chose to change Outlaw/Billy Gunn's name to Kip James, other then the fact that his nickname for years has been Kip (like me and maybe 50 other people know such a usless peice of information) and James I assume from his connection to BG James, ah fuck it why didn't he just come in with the name? Oh well...oh and I hate Monty Brown.

Raven retaining is good, though I say Abyss' career is about to head into the Abyss. I mean how much can they job him before he offically just comes out to the ring wearing a shirt saying "I crush jobbers on Friday so I can become one on Sunday".

Jarrett = Wank. I take back all the defending I did of him from his time in WWF, to him being a credible WCW Champ, to good for him in starting TNA, I take it al back and you can put one more in the tally colum saying I wouldn't mind if I never saw him again.

Petey Williams & Chris Daniels...great match, too damn much outside interference, but when it was just the two of them it was really good.

The fallowing people are jobbers and will always be jobbers and have no business winning matches or being on ANY PPV ANYWHERE; Jerelle Clark, Shocker (I remember watching some matches of him in Mexico and thinking he was one of the worst I had seen in a while), Alex Shelly, Mickey Batts, Sunjay Dutt, David Young (his gimmick is being a fucking jobber, without the dignity of knowing it's 1993), and any other Trytan, and Cassidy Riley...even if they do only get $400 a show, TNA is still being ripped off.

Styles/Waltman stole the show for me and shockingly I started to care about Waltman. Now I have never been as anti-Waltman as alot of you, but I was suprised to notice myself really getting into the match. ESPECIALLY since I am not a Styles fan either. Then again I love Lynn and having him Ref certainly helped the bring in, but seriously Waltman has been doing some damn good work latly in TNA. 3 good matches (well 2 and then he was in KotM Match, but didn't do much) in 3 PPVs. Keep up the good work Pac.

Other then that, Rhino's impact was wasted on giving Jarrett a blow job. Matt Hardy wasn't there, and Jarrett sounded like a douche talking about it. AMW continues to dominate a division that is so tightly wrapped around them, I bet most of the people on this website don't even know who the actual champs are. And I must have missed when Lance Hoyt defused the nuclear bomb, saved the baby from the fire, and helped the kitty out of the tree, cause damn he is getting a shit load of cheers for being an otherewise unimportant person. Anyone remember when he was KK's bitch of a cousin...cause I don't. Speaking of which, I miss Kid Kash, he was actually entertaining...

Gets an A+ though...oh wait it was a PPV and not WWE Afterburn...errrr in that case D.

Skippord
07-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Why does Sabin never get a win?

The One
07-18-2005, 02:57 AM
Because you touch yourself at night.

KingofOldSchool
07-18-2005, 03:06 AM
So is that why Steve Corino doesn't have a WWE contract? :'(

Skippord
07-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Because you touch yourself at night.

:naughty:

Boondock Saint
07-18-2005, 05:59 AM
The Kings of Wrestling.

The Mackem
07-18-2005, 06:26 AM
I swear, there are no main event faces in that company. Unsuprising that they used another wrestling name, not in their company, to draw some kind of a reaction again.

Disturbed316
07-18-2005, 09:53 AM
I thought the WWE had the rights to the name "Rhino"? :?:

The Mackem
07-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Can you have the rights to a name of an animal?

Morgan
07-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I think they have the rights to the name "Rhyno".

Innovator
07-18-2005, 12:12 PM
yeah, Rhino was what he used in ECW, so I guess he has the rights to that.

Looking back on it, the match of the night was definitely Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin. Both guys looked like a million bucks coming out of it.

Chavo Classic
07-18-2005, 12:47 PM
I think they have the rights to the name "Rhyno".

Since WWE pretty much owns everything ECW, including their trademarks and names, I'd think that it'd also own the name Rhino instead.

Meh, at least he's not calling himself Kip Rhino though

The One
07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
No. WWE in no way shape or form own the name "Rhino". Spelled with a "Y" and yeah that's their's. I am pretty sure that most of the ECW wrestlers own their own name, since alot of them were accepting some bookings here and there, and even more of them had their name and gimmick before they even stepped foot in ECW. Terry Gerin was Rhino Richards and Rhino before even coming to ECW, so he owns his own name.

Chavo Classic
07-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I stand happily corrected.

I pretty much though that because PJ Walker doesn't use Justin Credible anymore is because WWE owns the name because he was an ECW wrestler, as was Rhyno. So, naturally, I thought that Rhyno would be in the same boat as our friend Mr Credible and be unable to use his ECW name.

Unless I'm wrong about that too, why doesn't Walker use that name anymore?

The One
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Well credible certainly HAS used Justin Credible since his WWE release a few years back. He was Justin Credible during his short TNA run, and every time I see him in an indy booking it's as Credible, so if something has changed I actually just don't know about it. And if that is the case (he has started using PJ Walker) it might be because WWE owns Credible, I know Paul Heyman actually came up with the name and gimmick since he thought PG-187 sucked (and it did). So maybe ECW owned Credible's name and gimmick and since Peter is close friends with Hunter they might have been leanyant (sp?) towards letting him use Credible, but this is totally me pulling assumtions out of my ass. I don't know the 100% truth about the name and gimmick "Justin Credible".

Chavo Classic
07-18-2005, 01:30 PM
You know so much more than I do, I bow to your wisdom :D

Although it's spelt Lenient. OWNED! :shifty:

KayfabeMan
07-19-2005, 11:28 PM
The fallowing people are jobbers and will always be jobbers and have no business winning matches or being on ANY PPV ANYWHERE; Jerelle Clark, Shocker (I remember watching some matches of him in Mexico and thinking he was one of the worst I had seen in a while), Alex Shelly, Mickey Batts, Sunjay Dutt, David Young (his gimmick is being a fucking jobber, without the dignity of knowing it's 1993), and any other Trytan, and Cassidy Riley...even if they do only get $400 a show, TNA is still being ripped off.

I agree with Jerelle Clark and Shocker. TOTAL wastes of time, money and space. Trytan also falls in that category, as does Shelly [who is overrated] and Riley and Dutt. I think David Young should be used better, as anyone who has followed his career from his early days in GA through now knows that he's a REALLY underrated guy, and can perform great when given a chance. The guy hasn't been given a chance to do anything except clean the canvas with his back before the next match.

I think Batts will come into his own in time as well, he's just green, and hasn't really been given anything of use to do as of yet. Maybe now they'll utilize Kidman and have him feud with Batts. Makes perfect sense.

And I must have missed when Lance Hoyt defused the nuclear bomb, saved the baby from the fire, and helped the kitty out of the tree, cause damn he is getting a shit load of cheers for being an otherewise unimportant person.

Hoyt only gets heat because most of the people who go there are regulars, and are idiots who have come to know him on a semi-personal level. They're complete marks, and aside from them, Hoyt really gets no reaction from the people watching TNA events at home....all 6 of them.

.44 Magdalene
07-19-2005, 11:41 PM
If the name really is trademarked, then he should wrestle as Justin Fringement. Or Justin Cognito.

I'll shut up now. :shifty:

Impact!
07-20-2005, 03:07 AM
If the name really is trademarked, then he should wrestle as Justin Fringement. Or Justin Cognito.

I'll shut up now. :shifty:
:lol: