PDA

View Full Version : Now is the Time to Secure Their Spot.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-18-2005, 03:32 AM
I'm bored, so I'd figure I'd start a little game... Yeah... Basically pick a wrestler, and starting with Summerslam, and going up to wrestlemania, explain how you would push them/ secure there spot as a legit star/tough guy/champion/etc.

I'll do Cena for shits and giggles.

First, at Summerslam
Cena beats Jericho in a close match (so Jericho is buried)
Also, on the same card, HBK cheats and beats Hogan.

HBK is announced as the #1 contender. HBK and Cena have a decent feud, Cena comes out on top.

After Cena beats HBK, Cena goes on Raw and says that HBK should have never gotten the shot in the first place. In reality, the man who should have gotten the shot is Hogan.. Blah Blah Blah, Cena offers to let Hogan fight him for his belt... Of course, Eric Bischoff vetoes it...

Insert feud with Edge...

Then the Royal Rumble rolls around, and Cena finishes off Edge.

IN the Royal Rumble match, #29 should be a returning HHH... And # 30 should be Hulk Hogan. Since both of these guys are Raw, the third person should be from Smackdown... I'm thinking Eddie or Brock... Basically the Smackdown guy gets eliminated, goes ballistic, and totally lays out HHH and Hogan so they have to be carried out. Basically, neither really won.

Feud build up, blah blah. TO basically steal an idea from a past WM, have 2 title shots in one card... Basically HHH Vs Cena, then Hogan Vs Cena. HHH and Cena have a long, hard, bloody fight... Cena wins... HHH and Cena shake hands, securing HHH's face turn... Now a battered and beaten Cena has to fight Hogan.

Basically, Hogan dominates Cena... Cena tries to fight back, but he's tired and hurt. He fights to stay alive the entire match... Finally, he starts to get a second wind, and basically beats the hell out of Hogan, finally hitting an FU. Cena, after hitting it though, basically lies on the ground dead, crawls onto Hogan, and pins him. Hogan kicks out at 2 and hulks up... Does his little thing, and hits the leg drop. Instead of going into the pin though, Hogan sells the FU, getting up slowly... At this point have Cena get to his feet before Hogan, who would still be on his knees... Hogan would be shocked as no one has beaten him to his feet after hitting the leg drop... Cena does the little "You can't see me" thing, hits another FU, and wins.

This means Cena has beaten Jericho, HBK, Edge, HHH, and Hogan, securing his top spot.... On the Raw after mania, basically have Cena develop a huge ego, basically becoming a hypocrite about everything he said before. Have him do some mean ass raps on "Chain gang" members who start to boo him, etc, etc... Hey, it could work.

Dave Youell
07-18-2005, 06:43 AM
I like the idea, but I would take the belt off him after Summerslam (don't give it to Y2J IMO) And then he can chase the title till mania. The heat is in the chase not the capture, Austin didn't really have a huge title reign when he was face, it was all about the chase to keep people interested

blake639raw
07-18-2005, 10:12 AM
:y: Good post.

Pepsi Man
07-18-2005, 10:16 AM
If they were gonna give two title shots after the Rumble, the way things are with the draft, they could just give each man a shot at one title. They have to flip for who gets to choose or something. :D

blake639raw
07-18-2005, 10:23 AM
I like the idea, but I would take the belt off him after Summerslam (don't give it to Y2J IMO) And then he can chase the title till mania. The heat is in the chase not the capture, Austin didn't really have a huge title reign when he was face, it was all about the chase to keep people interested Yeah, but a really long term face champ has been lacking for the past 3-4 years, and Cena is over, so I think now might be the time to try it. Fans have almost been made to believe these days that the heels are generally better, and win all the important matches. Cena is like a savior in the face department. He actually goes out there, and just kicks ass. Yeah, he can be lame sometimes, but I do think he is improving alot overall.

At WrestleMania though, I would like to see Orton come back to RAW to fight Cena for the title. They could give Orton a run with the World Heavyweight Title on SD first, to really legitimize his name and star power, then have him win the Rumble. The next SD, Orton could talk about how all he ever hears is that John Cena is the franchise of the WWE, and the greatest young star in all of wrestling. Orton could even say that Cena played politics to get him traded to SD. Pretty much, Orton is jealous of Cena's popularity, and goes to RAW, & challenges him for the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

Londoner
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah, but a really long term face champ has been lacking for the past 3-4 years, and Cena is over, so I think now might be the time to try it. Fans have almost been made to believe these days that the heels are generally better, and win all the important matches. Cena is like a savior in the face department. He actually goes out there, and just kicks ass. Yeah, he can be lame sometimes, but I do think he is improving alot overall.

At WrestleMania though, I would like to see Orton come back to RAW to fight Cena for the title. They could give Orton a run with the World Heavyweight Title on SD first, to really legitimize his name and star power, then have him win the Rumble. The next SD, Orton could talk about how all he ever hears is that John Cena is the franchise of the WWE, and the greatest young star in all of wrestling. Orton could even say that Cena played politics to get him traded to SD. Pretty much, Orton is jealous of Cena's popularity, and goes to RAW, & challenges him for the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

Oh yeah that makes sense, rip smackdown of even more star power when the reason for Orton being ther ein the first place was to give them some long-term star power.Great idea.:roll:

Anyway, i'll try Carlito since he is a rising star in the WWE.

Ok, so at summerslam, Carlito retains his IC title after another re-match against shelton, ofcourse he cheated to win as any heel would. The next night on Raw he claims how he is the greatest IC champion of all time and so on, and says he will defend the title tonight just to prove his point, against anyone in the back.

Then Rvd's music hits, and he challenges Carlito for the title.Carlito then backtracks and says he'll only accept challenges from wrestlers who are worthy and not injury prone.RVD then says he will prove he is worthy tonight, and challenges Carlito to a match, and if RVD wins, he will prove he is the no.1 contender. Bischoff's music then hits and he says RVD will not be facing Carlito tonight, but will face an opponent of his (Bischoff's)choice in a no.1 contender match.

Later that night, RVD finds out his surprise opponent is Shelton Benjamin.RVD then picks up the victory and faces Carlito at Unforgiven. Carlito retains.

The next night on Raw, Carlito and Edge win the tag titles from Hurricane and Rosey. Then comes Taboo Tuesday and the fans pick RVD and Shelton to be the no.1 contenders for the tag titles.RVD and Shelton then win the titles from them.

The following night on Raw, Hurricane and Rosey face Shelton and RVD for the titles but the match is stopped when Carlito,edge&snitsky interfere and beat the hell out of all four of them. Carlito then challenges them all to a survivor series tag team match at SS.

The next week, Bischoff makes a triple threat match for the IC title between RVD/Shelton&Carlito in an attempt to split Shelton and RVD up before SS(after they have accepted the match) . Carlito retains after HBK surprisingly inteferes when he superkicks RVD. HBK gets the mic and says he is the fourth member of Carlito's team at SS.

Then comes survivor series, Carlito wins the match for his team after HBK uses the IC belt on shelton.

At the Rumble Carlito faces RVD for the IC title, RVD finally wins it.Carlito competes in the Rumble later on and gets to the final four only to be eliminated by Cena, Cena then wins the Rumble, the current WWE champion is Kurt Angle.

On Raw, Carlito claims he was screwed out of a WWE title shot at the Rumble,he also says he is the best IC Champiion of all time and if anyone deserves a shot, he does, and urges Bischoff to make it a triple threat match at wrestlemania. Cena's music hits and says Carlito has to prove himself, so Cena challenges Carlito to a match on that night and Carlito accepts.

Carlito wins the match with a shocking roll up pin. On the next Raw, Bischoff announces a WWE title triple threat match not at wrestlemania, but tonight between Cena/Angle&Carlito. However Cena will still be the no.1 contender at wrestlemania. Angle retains the title after a tough match by using the ankle lock on Carlito. The match at wrestlemania stays as Angle/Cena, but Carlito has had a taste of the main event.

At wrestlemania, Carlito faces Shelton for the no.1 contendeship for the wwe title and wins the match, that sets up Cena/Carlito for backlash.

Man that took a long time, but i was bored.

blake639raw
07-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah that makes sense, rip smackdown of even more star power when the reason for Orton being ther ein the first place was to give them some long-term star power.Great idea.:roll:

Chances are, Lesnar is going to SD anyways, so Orton wouldn't be needed necesarily. Besides, the draft would be right around the corner, and they could shake up the rosters more anyways.

darkpower
07-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Chances are, Lesnar is going to SD anyways, so Orton wouldn't be needed necesarily. Besides, the draft would be right around the corner, and they could shake up the rosters more anyways.
I thought there were rumors going around about Lesner going to RAW if and when he is signed back.

Londoner
07-19-2005, 11:03 AM

But then that would make the draft meaningless if wrestlers carry on switching shows like that anyway.