PDA

View Full Version : WWE Holding ECW down?

Pepsi Man
07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Major Change To ECW PPV Buys, More On bWo/Mexicools
Date Added: July 21, 2005
Story By: Ben Johnson
- According to the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, PPV industry estimates for the ECW: One Night Stand show conflict with those being reported. While WWE's internal estimates (the ones that have been reported on newsboards) are just shy of 300,000 buys, PPV sources have listed the show doing well over 300,000. No word is available on why there is such a large discrepancy.

- In an update to the story from last night, the video featuring the bWo challenging the Mexicools to a match is back on WWE.com. The major change is that the video has been further 'produced' from yesterday's cut: it is now featured in the signature shade of gray, and the bWo logo appears prior to the promo.

Source: http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=14519/articles/news

SuperSlim
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
that's odd

Londoner
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
" According to the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, PPV industry estimates for the ECW: One Night Stand show conflict with those being reported. While WWE's internal estimates (the ones that have been reported on newsboards) are just shy of 300,000 buys, PPV sources have listed the show doing well over 300,000. No word is available on why there is such a large discrepancy."

I did say in another thread that WWE doesn't want an ECW ppv to top theirs,and that's why they aren't revealing the true numbers(which were rumoured originally to be around 800,000 i think) and now i have no doubt that is what is going on. It's pathetic really.

Corkscrewed
07-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Yeah... see, now I'm not sure what to believe. I'd love to see the real numbers turn out to be massive and the WWE higher-ups are just pussies about revealing it cuz it'd prove that they've been idiots for the past five years with the relatively boring angles and politics that have gone on. :lol:

Nervous Ferret
07-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Corkscrewed holding down 13 year old girls?