PDA

View Full Version : Next Cruiserweight to make it BIG

Mr. JL
01-18-2004, 06:21 PM
As the title say, Next Cruiserweight to make it BIG...

Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, AJ Styles & to lesser extent Christian have all become great high mid-card and are now so close to main event level competitors. All those men were cruiserweights, who used to or still do, weigh in at 215 pounds.

Who do you think will be the next cruiserweight to break into the high mid-card to semi main event ranks?

wrestling_god
01-18-2004, 06:29 PM

Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, AJ Styles & to lesser extent Christian have all become great high mid-card and are now so close to main event level competitors. All those men were cruiserweights, who used to or still do, weigh in at 215 pounds.

Who do you think will be the next cruiserweight to break into the high mid-card to semi main event ranks?
I guess it all depends on which show your going with and the competion..it looks like raw is pushing steven richards giving him wins over test repeatedly and possibly steiner. I would like helms to get a push but with rosey with him it seems hes stuck at the bottom of the tag team wars. Smackdown has a nice cruiserweight division and i really dont see anyone leaving it. I would have liked Billy kidman going to raw and getting a ic title push.

KayfabeMan
01-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Spike Dudley :lol:

I don't know,but it'd be nice to see Shannon Moore finally get some
credit; also another guy who is close to cruiserweight,Matt Hardy.

Mr. JL
01-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Spike Dudley :lol:

lol

The Show Off
01-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Matt Hardy Version 1 is the leader in the club house to be the next Cruiserweight to break into the big time main event matches. Tajiri could definitly be a high mic card player, but I doubt he'll ever be World Champion.

FakeLaser
01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Matt Hardy isn't a crusierweight, but yeah.

CHAVO.

Kane Knight
01-18-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm still hoping for Shannon Moore to break through this last angle and run with it.

Heyman
01-18-2004, 07:32 PM

Billy Kidman.

He's big enough to 'not' be considered a Cruiserweight, and he has enough talent. Pair him up with a hot woman or a manager with mic skills, and he could go places.

Lamuella
01-18-2004, 07:37 PM
hmm...

rey-rey will always be mega-popular, but I doubt he will ever get the world title. I could see him as number one contender and even main eventing a PPV, but he won't get the strap.

Matt Hardy isn't really a cruiserweight, but will I think be main event level before long.

I don't think Kidman has what it takes. Maybe he's just been horribly horribly pushed of late, but I don't see him as anything above CW title level.

On the other hand, I think THe Hurricane will be tag champ and IC champ again.

The Show Off
01-18-2004, 08:00 PM
It doesn't matter if Matt Hardy is in the weight limit of a cruiserweight NOW, he is a former Cruiserweight Champion so I think he's a legit answer.

The CyNick
01-18-2004, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't say AJ Styles in close to main eventing. Being on top of a promotion that nobody watches isn't exactly something to write home about.

Since Vince controls wrestling in North America, the correct answer is that no 'cruiserweight' (aside form the guys listed) will ever get over at a main event level because they will never get the chance.

Innovator
01-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Back in the days before Hardy went solo he definitely was a cruiserweight. I remember seeing him getting bigger over a couple months, then he went solo. So yeah he's the next one

Helms could be if he gets rid of the S.H.I.T.

The Naitch
01-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Mattitude, Hurricane, and Jamie Knoble

MVP
01-19-2004, 03:30 PM
It's a very tough call since most of the crusierweights are being buried, or not used to their full capabilities. I'm going with Matt Hardy, whether he's still a crusierweight or not is a moot point. Hardy just needs to start facing guys like RVD, Orton, and Batista and get more over.

Sephiroth
01-19-2004, 03:42 PM
I think it's gonna be Chavo.

moshingfreak
01-19-2004, 05:01 PM
uhhhhh, Spike.

Kane Knight
01-19-2004, 06:00 PM
I'd point out that I'd be happy to see any CW make it.

Even Knoble and Spike, two people who I don't really associate with Cruiser wrestling.

I'd be happier to see someone better, though.

If Mysterio, Dragon, Eddie, Shannon, etc. made it to the top, I'd f'ing blow a load on my TV screen.

Corkscrewed
01-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Mysterio, but he'll prolly only get title shots on TV not PPV.

John la Rock
01-21-2004, 02:44 AM
I think that Rey Mysterio will soon leave the crusierweight division and go to the upper card level and wrestle for the US title

Imagi-Nation
01-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy (when he returns)
Rey Mysterio

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Matt Hardy & Chavo Guerrero are locks, IMO.
Ultimo Dragon (if used right)
Rey Mysterio (if used right)
Shannon Moore (I think we will see more of Moore at the Rumble)
The Hurricane (if pushed)
Tajiri (if pushed)