PDA

View Full Version : Great American Bash...a PPV I actually want to buy?

The One
07-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Now I know most of you by now are sick of me talking about how low quality PPVs WWE has been pumping out latly, but call me crazy, I actually want to see GAB. And I will tell you the reasons why...

Muhammed Hassan's impact on everything...

Batista vs. JBL - if you asked me two weeks ago I would have told you without batting an eye, Batista wins, HOWEVER with this news that Hassan can't win the #1 contendorship, I wonder if managment wants to faces to colid at Slam for the World Title. For me it is a toss up. I can't tell who is going to win, which is odd seeing as how I (like most of you) can tell the outcome of a title match ages beforeit happens.

Hassan's last ride - No matter what, we know tomorrow night will be the last time we see the Hassan character, knowing that it is the last time, without the build up being a loser leaves town match, it's kind of a feeling of power.

The Randy Orton/Undertaker fued...Orton was going to do a run in, now what?

Let's even go deeper. With Batista winning, OJ should have lost the title to Benoit hands down, HOWEVER since Hassan is gone, we need a strong heel leader, JBL is undoubtedly strongest with his cabinet...since JBL might be winning tomorrow, I think OJ's chances of beating Benoit increased dramatically. Either way it is step one in rebuilding the forgotten US Title picture with a credible champion like Benoit or if OJ goes over a former World Champ, how much does that put a feather in the cap of OJ.

All of this makes me WANT to buy the PPV. Ironic isn't it, WWE promotes PPVs all the time and I never care about any of them, they promote something that blows up in their face and suddenly I don't know what is going on. It's true, we as wrestling fans love suprises, well with them being forced to remove one of their biggest characters, it opens up a door of possibilities otherwise not thought of. Anyone else feel the same?

Lara Emily
07-23-2005, 02:40 PM
OJ beating Benoit means shit because OJ means shit. Really him beating Benoit won't bring prestige to the title, won't increase OJ's stock value. No one cares about OJ at all. It'll just hurt Benoit and that'll be about it.

Savio
07-23-2005, 02:47 PM
I want to see hassans match.

Innovator
07-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I heard that WWE might go with Orton vs. Batista at Summerslam, explaining how he gets the #1 contenders spot will be interesting

Savio
07-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Hassan wins by DQ but is Destroyed after words by Taker and um maybe Randy comes out and RKOs Taker.

snakeboss
07-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Perhaps Taker will win, next week on Smackdown, it's Taker V.S. Batista. It's a face match, and both clap for each other in a face way. Taker looks set to win, Orton runs in, he RKO's Taker, then RKO's Batista. Inadvertantly Batista collapses on Taker and retains. Then at Summerslam, Taker V.S. Orton. Then at the next PPV, Batista V.S. Orton.

freerock1.com
07-23-2005, 03:31 PM
True... Although it was taken for granted, I don't recall (could be wrong) that it was officially announced the #1 contender's shot was for Summerslam. I think that could be a very possible scenario. I was a little surprised that Taker/Hassan was even going to be for a #1 contender shot, but that's for a different discussion...

Another possibility could be that Hassan will still win (with interference from Orton), but a "standards & practices official" (they might not want to specifically mention UPN, but it would be strongly implied) comes out and says Hassan can no longer be on TV. Or, in the middle of Taker/Hassan, the S&P official comes out to stop the match and have Hassan thrown out, and during the commotion, Orton comes out to RKO Taker. Either way, might we be looking at a Batista/Orton/Taker triple-threat at SS?

One more possibility to throw out... perhaps it's announced prior to the match that Hassan cannot wrestle, and Orton takes his spot in the #1 contender match.

Loose Cannon
07-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I never heard Orton vs Batista and I don't think it will happen. Orton isn't fully recovered yet and he hasn't won a match in god knows how long.

I heard they will just do JBL vs Batista again. But we're all counting Hassan out right now and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Hassan come out with a win tonight.

freerock1.com
07-23-2005, 04:14 PM
I wasn't exactly sure where Orton was at in his recovery, though before the Hassan deal there were plenty of rumblings of Orton vs. Taker at SS.

Even if he's ready to go by SS (which, from what I've seen he should be), though, I agree that it would definitely be too soon to push Orton vs Batista just yet.

Sadistic
07-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Here's what i think:

Orton will interfere in taker's match and RKO him but taker will kick out. Taker will take out his anger on hassan and go on to win the match much to the surprise of orton. Next week on smackdown taker will say 'i want orton at summerslam!' Long will then inform him 'if i give you orton at summerslam you cannot have a title shot against batista.' Taker thinks about it and says' as much as i would love to get another shot at the title, i want to beat orton's ass even more!'
Therefore Long sats up a tournament/battle royale/elimination match or something on smackdown in the coming weeks to decide the number one contender to replace taker and face batista at summerslam. Possibly Lesnar? I don't know when he is returning but if he is i think that would be a huge draw for a summerslam main event.

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm looking forward to The Bash. It's on the same day as my birthday, so here's hoping it kicks ass.

Benoit vs. Jordan has got me intrigued quite a bit. Benoit going over makes sense, but Orlando isn't exactly horrible, and if given a chance to do SOMETHING with the US Title, I think he would be able to run with it. If Jordan beats Benoit, and then Batista beats Layfield, I can see JBL demanding Jordan hands him the US Title on SmackDown!, which Orlando refuses to do, which pisses off Bradshaw, which leads to Orlando Jordan vs. JBL at Summerslam where Orlando retains again.

We haven't seen a Champion do a face/heel turn whilst holding a Championship for a long time. But yeah, putting Benoit over Jordan is the easy way to re-register the belt in everyone's minds.