PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy admits it was a work

Jaton
07-24-2005, 12:10 PM
-Matt Hardy drew the ire of loyal followers when on his message board in the three days before his WWE return and the night after he played it up his storyline version of events - that he invaded WWE without its permission. It offended many of his fans who believed he had been honest with them on the message board to that point, only to play them as fools and "work them" when it was time to cash in. After taking down his message board since the day after his first WWE appearance (after many fans spoke out harshly and negatively about how Hardy handled himself), he made a public statement at www.TheMattHardyshow.com this weekend to try to set the record straight. He credited their passion and support for his opportunity to return to WWE, and also talked up his experience with ROH last weekend. His message follows:

Hello my friends!

I only have a minute as my life and schedule is absolutely insane right now. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you for visiting The Matt Hardy Show message board. I plan on staying in close contact with everyone here, and keeping you up to date on what's going on in my life. It was the support and stance of you guys that led me back to appearing on the WWE programming. The people that signed petitions for me, called or e-mail the WWE, or chanted for me at WWE events worldwide drove me to return. Your voice was heard, your opinion mattered - and because you stood up for me and what was right, I had to seize the moment - on my terms. It's time for Matt Hardy to go "swim in the shark tank" once again. This time, I won't be stopped, and I will not die. It's US versus Them, and I'm glad you guys are on my side. I'll talk to you guys soon. Be well, and until then...

Matt

And - I just wanted to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed working for Ring Of Honor this past Saturday. The boys were great, the fans were great, and I am very much looking forward to my other dates with ROH. Just in case you guys haven't seen it, there is a free video about my ROH appearance on the home page of the site. Check it out. Don't forget to come check me out this Friday for Big Time Wrestling in California if you're in the area.

And 2 - If any of you guys watched Byte This this week, I heard they showed a picture and talked about Johnny Ace's eye getting busted open and swollen shut. Just for the record, that happened when I elbowed that sorry bastard as he was trying to throw me out of his WWE building Monday. Too bad I didn't get both of his eyes, maybe next time."

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_14135.shtml

Tornado
07-24-2005, 12:13 PM
He just admitted that the current situation is a work, we knew that.
I'm still wondering whether he was ever released in the first place.

blake639raw
07-24-2005, 12:15 PM
So now he's admitted that he's back on the ship, and the thing was a work. Where does he go from here? Try to get revenge on the people who gave him his job back?

Jaton
07-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Who knows..maybe fued with Edge?

Tornado
07-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I think that could be a possibility..:roll:

Joe Kerr
07-24-2005, 12:28 PM
ok lets see if i got this right...god this is confusing

nothing happened between Lita and Edge it was all a ploy amongst them and the writers

Matt Never got released, the WWE made a deal with ROH to help sell there storyline

Matts appearences on RAW were planned..(hell the fact that he got in tells you that)

And now everyone is going to Boo Matt for working us over

anything else?

blake639raw
07-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Obviously, but when that's over, he needs to stop bitching about losing his job. You got your job back, and no one is convinced otherwise.

Londoner
07-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Well the only thing i cared about was the way he lost his job, if that really was all a work then i couldn't give a shit about this storyline.Bit of an immature move for Matt to admit that any part of this was a work.

Jaton
07-24-2005, 12:37 PM
ok lets see if i got this right...god this is confusing

nothing happened between Lita and Edge it was all a ploy amongst them and the writers

Matt Never got released, the WWE made a deal with ROH to help sell there storyline

Matts appearences on RAW were planned..(hell the fact that he got in tells you that)

And now everyone is going to Boo Matt for working us over

anything else?

Everything up until his appearances at Raw were real. I'm not sure though.

Evil Vito
07-24-2005, 01:14 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I dunno, I'm starting to doubt that anything really happened at all</font>

Gerard
07-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Has anyone watch that e1 video on his website? One of the highlights includes jeff throwing eggs at matts back.. :wtf:

Weird fuckers.

Blue Demon
07-24-2005, 01:40 PM
I tihnk this is what the WWE wants...discussion and mystery. We were all tricked...to what extent I tihnk only Vince and Matt will only know.

John la Rock
07-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Fuck Matt needs to shut the fuck up all ready. it's good that he's back and all but he needs to stop kissing ass.

he was never a big draw anyway

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Fuck Matt needs to shut the fuck up all ready. it's good that he's back and all but he needs to stop kissing ass.

Yes. You are correct.

Ruien
07-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Big draw no, entertaining and a good wrestler yes.

PorkSoda
07-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Maybe tommorow night on Raw, Matt Hardy will show up and shake hands with Edge and act like nothing ever happened :n:

RGWhat316
07-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Unless something out leaks out otherwise, my belief was that the stuff between Lita and him actually happened, and he did get fired. But the last couple weeks I know have just been storyline. So it was probably all real until the wedding when they played his video. That's when they hired him back.

Pepsi Man
07-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Hardy admitted only that he's actually back in the WWE. I'd say he really DID get released, and he really DID have to start looking into other options. I really do believe that he was reoffered a job.

What next? The Blue Meanie/JBL situation was a "work", just because Blue Meanie got some WWE deal out of it?

Shadow
07-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Unless something out leaks out otherwise, my belief was that the stuff between Lita and him actually happened, and he did get fired. But the last couple weeks I know have just been storyline. So it was probably all real until the wedding when they played his video. That's when they hired him back.

Ding ding ding...you get the gold star.