PDA

View Full Version : WWE.com updates Hassan situation...

The One
07-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Update on Muhammad Hassan

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/344364/hassanwide.jpg

Reliable sources have informed WWE.com that Muhammad Hassan will be out indefinitely as a result of the Last Ride delivered to him by the Undertaker at The Great American Bash. At this point, it is doubtful that he will return to action.

LK
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
:'( :'( :'(

Gerard
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh my god. Could they not just have said some self righteous wankers watching at home cried about a segment that was pretaped and apparrently can't seperate a fucking wrestling storyline from real life? :foc:

Blanka
07-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Reliable sources have informed WWE.com that Muhammad Hassan will be out indefinitely as a result of the Last Ride delivered to him by the Undertaker at The Great American Bash. At this point, it is doubtful that he will return to action.

:wtf:

Gerard
07-25-2005, 07:00 PM
:wtf:

Obviously the reliable sources were the arabs. :shifty:

The One
07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
You mean Terrorists :shifty:

Shadow
07-25-2005, 07:08 PM
You mean Terrorists :shifty:

You mean white guys in ski masks.

The One
07-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Exactly.

The One
07-25-2005, 07:10 PM
You know something...if I have learned nothing over the past few months, it is that the internet has more power in the world of professional wrestling then I had originally thought. Do you think if every time Undertaker came out and people started chanting "We Want Hassan"...eh...any takers....no...ok I will just go back to watching Family Guy now.

King Jericho
07-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Gay.

Loose Cannon
07-25-2005, 07:14 PM
well, that only means he's out for now.

Nervous Ferret
07-25-2005, 07:14 PM
I wrote and exotic, threatening, and just a bit downright scary e-mail to WWE.com regarding this situation and they send me nothing back :foc:

bobhoffnee
07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
No more Hassan? Thank fuck for that.

SuperSlim
07-25-2005, 07:27 PM
that's a crappy way to say someone is gone... for now

darkpower
07-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Hmm...while I to doubt that he is really injured...it did look like he took a nasty spill there. I would hope that this was just a cover up, because I would hate to find out that he really WAS injured.

Mr. JL
07-25-2005, 08:29 PM
That is fucking horrible that they have to kill off a character on a FAKE TV show because a bunch of dumb we can censor you people find it offensive. If you do not like it, just turn the fucking channel!

PorkSoda
07-25-2005, 08:36 PM
I think WWE should get Hassan, Daivai and his druids to invade the UPN studios on camels just like DX did back in the day when they invaded WCW with army tanks.

UPN said they wanted the Hassan character off of their network, does that mean Davairi is gone too? Oh well, UPN sucks. Fuck them, fuck them right in their ear. Yay! Thank you cliterous.

Pegasus Crawford
07-25-2005, 08:39 PM
So...

Batista has some okay matches...

Chris Benoit is now a midcard jobber... same with Christian... Orton is still out of action, Muhammed is "out indefinitely." and Davari now has nothing.

AWESOME DRAFT. :shifty:

FearedSanctity
07-25-2005, 08:42 PM
It's funny that the people who are the first to tell someone wrestling is fake are the first to bitch when something they don't like happens

LK
07-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I think WWE should get Hassan, Daivai and his druids to invade the UPN studios on camels just like DX did back in the day when they invaded WCW with army tanks.
:D :rofl: :D

Ruien
07-25-2005, 10:06 PM
OK honestly, to everyone that says what he did was not offensive, do you not remember the thread up about it. EVERYBODY was saying how disrespectful the segment was. Now I am not saying Hassan should be taken off T.V., I am just reminding some of you people that acted like you did not think it was offensive when it first happened.

But like LC said, it only means he is out for now.

Hired Hitman
07-25-2005, 10:07 PM
to tell the truth, I would ride a camel along side Hassan and Daivari :y:

loopydate
07-25-2005, 10:31 PM
OK honestly, to everyone that says what he did was not offensive, do you not remember the thread up about it. EVERYBODY was saying how disrespectful the segment was. Now I am not saying Hassan should be taken off T.V., I am just reminding some of you people that acted like you did not think it was offensive when it first happened.

I was one who said it wasn't. Because it wasn't. It was scripted television, just like an episode of "24." Muhammad Hassan was a villain on a TV show who did a bad thing to the good guy. This whole thing was started by people misinterpreting (or flat-out not watching) one segment of television. Absolute bullshit, and I can't believe WWE is caving to it.

Scratch that, I can totally believe it.

It's still bullshit, though.

Batsu
07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
I was one who said it wasn't. Because it wasn't. It was scripted television, just like an episode of "24." Muhammad Hassan was a villain on a TV show who did a bad thing to the good guy. This whole thing was started by people misinterpreting (or flat-out not watching) one segment of television. Absolute bullshit, and I can't believe WWE is caving to it.

Not just WWE, but freakin' UPN. "Keep Hassan off SmackDown!"

At least he is "out indefinitely" and not gone for good.

TerranRich
07-25-2005, 11:23 PM
I was one of the ones who thought everybody was being just downright silly for thinking the "terrorist" bit was offensive. I was also the one saying that Hassan explained his actions quite nicely in the unaired WWE.com-only promo where he gets chanted USA! at for being American, showing that marks are, in fact, hypocritical. Hassan turned the tables on the fans and is now a face in most smarks' eyes because of that.

Also, like I've said before, WWE.com is making themselves out to be not-quite-affiliated with WWE the corporation. Does nobody listen to me? :p

Londoner
07-25-2005, 11:45 PM

You know what, i found 24 more disturbing than what happened in that wwe segment, yet im sure UPN wouldn't mind showing 24.

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 12:18 AM

Everyone? I think your interweb is broked, because there were many people arguing the opposite.

The segment itself was in no way disrespectful, because of the following.

--The segment was taped beforehand.

--The segment was planned out with (Presumably) no knowledge of the events to come in London.

--The segment did not re-enact an actual recent event that had been given any sort of actual media coverage. I won't be so bold as to claim that there were no recent decapitations ANYWHERE, but they did not make major news.

--They were not labelled terrorists, they were not arabs, they did not kill anyone, fly a plane into the arena, or bomb a subway. They choked out an aging hasbeen.

Now airing it after, that could be considered disrespectful, or even offensive. However, the same could be said of much programming on TV. Hell, for like a WEEK after 11 September's WTC incident, you oculdn't go near a television without watching those buildings falling. People will gawk at REAL people REALLY dying, and then whine because the Undertaker got choked out by a brow person's henchmen.

BOO HOO FUCKING HOO. Get some priorities people. There was more shocking and offensive TV, such as Fox News adding insult to injury. We're sitting around gawking at a fake person doing fake things that don't even VAGUELY resemble what occurred.

loopydate
07-26-2005, 12:18 AM
Agreed. "24" is much more "graphic" (if that's the word we're using) than SmackDown is. I have yet to see Hassan put a bullet through someone's hand as part of an interrogation.

Psycho C
07-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Amen to that.

Savio
07-26-2005, 01:59 AM
WWE should own its own station, or make WWE 24/7 public and you know add the raw and smackdowns to the program list.

Impact!
07-26-2005, 03:33 AM
All I've got to say on the matter is that Hassan got Hassan'd

:p

RP
07-26-2005, 03:42 AM
UPN flexes there muscle and shows there ignorance. Good job UPN. Honestly, I'm offended by Cops, Stupid game shows, 10 oclock news, and late night 80's movies. Lets take them off too.. O wait. They wouldnt have a channel.

Lord-Of-Darkness
07-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Out of all of this, i really feel sorry for Mark Magnus(or whatever his name is). He was pretty much set up with a sucessful gimmick that was really good for getting heat. I saw that someone in another thread said that he's really unlikely to get another gimmick as good as this, and its true. So basicly, just because some brain dead morons in an office thought scripted television was offencive, this guy may have lost the chance to be sucessful at what he loves doing. And whats ironic is that the character has been preaching this pretty much the whole time.

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 11:15 AM
UPN flexes there muscle and shows there ignorance. Good job UPN. Honestly, I'm offended by Cops, Stupid game shows, 10 oclock news, and late night 80's movies. Lets take them off too.. O wait. They wouldnt have a channel.
Is it really ignorance, or just a lack of spine?

Londoner
07-26-2005, 11:39 AM
All I've got to say on the matter is that Hassan got Hassan'd

:p

Actually i would say he got UPN'd.

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Or perhaps PTC'd

Angelina2K
07-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Fuck UPN :foc: :foc: :foc: :rant:

Corkscrewed
07-26-2005, 12:07 PM
I've got it!!! Lets all email bomb threats until the WWE and UPN agree to put Hassan back on TV!!!!!

BRILLIANT! (brilliant!)

:shifty:

Corkscrewed
07-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Lets all have a moment of silence for the passing of the character of Muhammad Hassan....

ALEYELEYEYELAYEYAYEYLAYEYAAA...

SONOFABITCH!!!!! :mad:

Corkscrewed
07-26-2005, 12:08 PM
(Someone had to kill the joke.)

Angelina2K
07-26-2005, 12:14 PM
:rofl:

Vastardikai
07-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I know I posted it in the "It's Official..." Thread, but it feels like it would work better here...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b45/Vastardikai/Hassantombstone2.bmp

freerock1.com
07-26-2005, 12:39 PM
If they do end up bringing him back (presumably once Raw jumps to USA), he'll probably be getting some nice face pops. And the more I think about it, I think that may be their plan. Hardy has been made into an huge accidental star (at least for the moment), thanks to real-life controversy and fueled largely by the Net community. If the WWE realizes that likewise there's a strong minority of Net fans starting to back Hassan/Mangus/Copani, I think they'll try to capitalize on it in a similar way (that is, using the real-life controversy and Net swerves to further the angle and make a star out of Hassan).

And I think they probably already have started to realize this; as LC said, it likely means he's only out for now.

Deceit
07-26-2005, 12:44 PM
If they do end up bringing him back (presumably once Raw jumps to USA), he'll probably be getting some nice face pops. And the more I think about it, I think that may be their plan. Hardy has been made into an huge accidental star (at least for the moment), thanks to real-life controversy and fueled largely by the Net community. If the WWE realizes that likewise there's a strong minority of Net fans starting to back Hassan/Mangus/Copani, I think they'll try to capitalize on it in a similar way (that is, using the real-life controversy and Net swerves to further the angle and make a star out of Hassan).

And I think they probably already have started to realize this; as LC said, it likely means he's only out for now.

This would work if the fans weren't complete idiots, with this situation atleast.

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 02:14 PM

I don't see it happening.

First off, Matt Hardy had a lot more appeal to the average fan than Hassan did. Partially because he was a heel, and partially because of what he was saying. Matt may not have a HUGE fanbase, but he's got enough of one to make a difference. Further, the fans were aimiable towards him.

This makes him a decent choice to get some controversy going.

HAssan, while controversial, I don't think is popular enough to get the same kind of interest going. Sure, the WWE may have just made him a bit more of a sympathetic character, but I think the general attitude for the fanbase will be relief that the "Evil Ayrab" is off their screen.

I also don't think his internet fanbase will be big enough to merit this, especially to the WWE. They're still taking baby steps in embracing the net, and I don't think a cult following's going to matter to them. An arena full of "We want Hassan!" Chants, on the other hand, would.

Finally, HAssan's absence drawing controversy would still do so far less than his presence would. By taking him out of the picture, they are killing the controversy that could be built here.

Savio
07-26-2005, 02:34 PM
I had a dream he was on Raw with JR and Coach

Batsu
07-26-2005, 07:28 PM
--The segment did not re-enact an actual recent event that had been given any sort of actual media coverage. I won't be so bold as to claim that there were no recent decapitations ANYWHERE, but they did not make major news.

--They were not labelled terrorists, they were not arabs, they did not kill anyone, fly a plane into the arena, or bomb a subway. They choked out an aging hasbeen.

One should also note, that even though Hassan used 9/11 as a reference for his frustration, he has solely focused on the USA. He has not drudged up current events (Iraq?), talked about terrorism (until that "terrorist" comment was made by the New York Post)....

...the worst you could call Hassan was a whiner who talked about a subject that makes many "mainstream" Americans uncomfortable -- prejudice.

At first, I was expecting WWE to go a cheap "Iron Sheik 2K5" route with the character (remember how the pinnacle of his heeldom was done during the '79 Iran hostage crisis), and though Hassan used the Camel Clutch and things of that manner, he was totally different than say...

...Sgt. Slaughter dressing up in the garb of and pledging allegiance to Iraq to go heel alongside a Saddam Hussein lookalike in the middle of the Gulf War.

Hassan told the truth, though he was a typical, cheat-to-win heel in the ring.There were calls for him to ride his camels home, and everyone remembers the "Get The Hell Out Of America, Hassan!" sign that was flashed during his promo.

I wouldn't have been surprised if the whole "masked henchmen" in angle was an act by Hassan to prove the prejudice of those who condemn him.

TerranRich
07-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't have been surprised if the whole "masked henchmen" in angle was an act by Hassan to prove the prejudice of those who condemn him.

DING DING DING!! That's what I've been saying ALL ALONG! Did you see his WWE.com unaired promo? He used that "terrorism" angle to turn the hypocrisy onto the fans themselves.

Doesn't anybody ever listen to me??? :p :D

Furthermore, I think that was WWE's original plan anyway.

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 09:47 PM
One should also note, that even though Hassan used 9/11 as a reference for his frustration, he has solely focused on the USA. He has not drudged up current events (Iraq?), talked about terrorism (until that "terrorist" comment was made by the New York Post)....
Exactly. He basically has said "Since 9-11, me and "my people"--American people--have been treated with prejudice and disrespect.

...the worst you could call Hassan was a whiner who talked about a subject that makes many "mainstream" Americans uncomfortable -- prejudice.
And he's telling the truth. But people don't want to hear that, so they treat him as bad as if he was a terrorist. Because we've forgotten how many terrorists have been American born. OK city, anyone?

Hassan told the truth, though he was a typical, cheat-to-win heel in the ring.There were calls for him to ride his camels home, and everyone remembers the "Get The Hell Out Of America, Hassan!" sign that was flashed during his promo.
Go back to your cave, go back where you came from, and some fans shouted "Go home!" at him. So stupid.

I wonder if that was the intent before they were called on it. Sadly, we'll never know what the intent was, because the shit hit the fan. However, the fact that so many "Journalists" jumped to the assumption that they were arab terrorists kind of proves how prejudiced we are, whether or not the intent was for Hassan to use that.

I'll give the WWE the benefit of the doubt, though I'm uncertain they deserve it. However, as you say, thus far they haven't gone the route of dragging Iraq into it and the like, so maybe they were gonna do this without being totally horrific.

Batsu
07-27-2005, 12:07 AM
and just because...

http://hassanator.ytmnd.com

^^^^ LMFAO

Nervous Ferret
07-27-2005, 12:08 AM
HAHA

TerranRich
07-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Holy crap, Ferret, one more post and you're up to 10,000 :eek:

Deceit
07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
LOL THAT'S AWESOME!!

Savio
07-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Teddy addressed the situation on WWE.com basically he said Hassan will never come back to smackdown but could go anywhere else including Raw.

Blanka
07-28-2005, 10:30 AM

As was I, hell I think I typed like four or five paragraphs...