PDA

View Full Version : Chairshots

Sadistic
07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Does it bother anyone else that some wrestlers take a chairshot right to the unprotected skull while others put either 2 hands or a hand up to their head before impact to soften the blow?
Seriously, it annoys me. These guys are out there wrestling in front of thousands and they can't build up the guts to take a straight shot to the head?
In ECW a wrestler would never dare to block a chairshot but in WWE it happens with about 80% of all chairshots to the head.
The main reson i make this thread is because i just watched mcmahon vs hogan from wrestlemania 2003. Hogan swings the chair, mcmahon ducks and Hugo the fat littlw spanish announcer takes a HARD shot right to the head.
Then watch triple h batista hell in a cell and batista puts up one hand every time to block every shot.
So therefore it's true: Hugo is more hardcore than Batista.

EXAMPLES:
Kane takes it like a man
http://olympia.fortunecity.com/cobb/17/wwf/tripleh11.jpg

Where's that hand going Triple H?
http://re2.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/310461981

Nervous Ferret
07-25-2005, 07:38 PM
yeah but I bet Hugo didn't see it coming. If he did, I'm willing to bet he would have put his hand up.

WTF AM I SAYINg. DIE N00B DIE

FearedSanctity
07-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Would YOU take an unprotected chairshot to the head?

I've heard countless people say when someone takes a chairshot "look at him, he just stood there and waited for the chair to hit him!" Raising their hands I think adds realism in that they actually are trying to protect themselves

Shadow
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Would YOU take an unprotected chairshot to the head?

I think Sadistic has...several times in fact.

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah, what they said. If in the match, somebody just turns around and gets blindsided by a person with a chair, sure, no protection. They didn't see it coming.

If they have time to register the presence of a chair weilder, they should have the urge to protect themselves.

The One
07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
I took a chair shot to the pinky once...he missed and hit me across the face...

FearedSanctity
07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
If it's an unprotected chairshot he wants.....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/HaistakaaVituu/unprotectedchairshot.gif

:shifty:

Shadow
07-25-2005, 07:50 PM
JR: The Rock just took the ring ropes' head off!

King: PUPPIES!

Aussie Skier
07-25-2005, 08:02 PM
HHH always protects himself...but he still makes it lookgood IMO.

I remember that hogan match. when hugo got hit, i was like HOLY SHIT! I also remember hogan doing a couple of terrible chair shots on Vince in that match too

Darkone
07-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Back in my younger stupider days, I took a single unprotected chair shot to the head, during a gym class in high school. It hurts like hell , but almost isn't as bad as you think. Imagine taking several? Or just one from someone who trains like 5 hours a day. Chair shots hurt, but I do agree blocking them makes the whole thing look like crap. Your better off just taking one or two straight, cause no likes to see anyone cover up for it.

I really shouldn't post when drunk.

Sadistic
07-25-2005, 08:06 PM
I also remember hogan doing a couple of terrible chair shots on Vince in that match too
Vince is hardcore though! What a leg drop!

vampiro03
07-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Batista cares too much about his looks to take a "real" shot. I don't know if i'd want to either

Xero
07-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Vince is hardcore though! What a leg drop!
You're kidding, right? You consider a fall from about 3 feet above a table and a person to break his fall 'hardcore'? Jeff Hardy took like a 10 foot dive and almost completely missed the table. That's hardcore. Vince McMahon's little hop was nothing.

Although at St. Valentine's Day Massacrer, McMahon took one of the better bumps I've seen, even if it was a bit hard to watch the first few times through. Not only did he fall from the cage, but he nearly broke his back landing on the side of the table.

Sadistic
07-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Jeff Hardy jumps off ladders to feed his family and give them shelter.
Vince is a billionaire. He jumps off ladders because he loves it. THAT'S hardcore.

Gerard
07-25-2005, 08:43 PM

The crack addiction clinic is now considered shelter?

FearedSanctity
07-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Jeff Hardy jumps off of ladders so he can by his drugs...

OR

Jeff Hardy jumps off of ladders because it's all he knows how to do

Also, Vince isn't hardcore. He's just willing to do pretty much whatever it takes to better his product

Schoenauer
07-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Vince is a billionaire. He jumps off ladders because he loves it. THAT'S hardcore.
It's not hardcore, it's entertainment!

Fox
07-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Jeff Hardy jumps off of ladders so he can by his drugs...

OR

Jeff Hardy jumps off of ladders because it's all he knows how to do

Also, Vince isn't hardcore. He's just willing to do pretty much whatever it takes to better his product

Vince will do whatever it takes to make for a better show. That sounds pretty fucking hardcore to me. Ever see St. Valentine's Day Massacre - Austin vs. McMahon in a cage? Vince almost broke his fucking spine on the announce table after falling off the cage. That is hardcore.

On subject, I don't really mind when wrestlers put their hands up - it adds realism to the match or angle. I mean, no matter how groggy you are, if you see someone coming at you with a steel chair, you don't stand there and take it - it's human instinct to try and block the shot any way you can. I think Triple H employs this theory liberally to make the psychology in his matches better, especially when JR points out the fact that Triple H went to block it but was unable to do so.

Dave Youell
07-26-2005, 04:11 AM

Who?

No Wife

No Kids

Think his brother is doing ok for himself

His Dad who already owns his own house?

I'm going with the crack addict plan.

Anyway as for chair shots, how many have you ever taken? I've taken a fair few and it's not something to be proud of, at the end of the day if your someone like trips (good god! i'm about to defend him!) chances are you would have taken thousands of chair shots over the past 9 years in the WWE/F At TV tapings and house shows, what the fuck would you do? Getting hit like that repeatedly will fuck you up in the long term, I mean just heading a football kills brain cells, chair shots would take massive tolls on brain cells, so stop being a bitch and go back to troll town.

Londoner
07-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Sadistic, if i came near you with a chair and hit you with it, would you be prepared to not put your hands up?If so, i wouldn't mind hitting your head with a chair.

Corkscrewed
07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Leave it to a guy named "Sadistic" to make a thread about this. :lol:

Xero
07-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Hell, while we're at it, why don't we let Triple H take a full swing with the sledgehammer? He'll break the other guy's ribs, or skull, or back. Is that hardcore? Yes, as well as attempted murder. Is it the right thing to do? Hell no.

Sadistic
07-26-2005, 01:32 PM
To all those who have asked would i let you swing a chair at my unprotected skull i say hell yeah! I'd do it in front of 10 fans or just a video camera for NO money. These guys are performing in front of millions worldwide and are also getting millions of dollars. Is all that not enough to motivate one into being a man and taking the shot?

Shadow
07-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Who?

No Wife

No Kids

Think his brother is doing ok for himself

His Dad who already owns his own house?

I'm going with the crack addict plan.

I think someone needs a visit from the Shadow Conspiracy.

Wrong, Wrong, right, right, wrong.

Jeff smokes pot. Crack hasn't been in his system for a long time now.

Xero
07-26-2005, 02:32 PM
To all those who have asked would i let you swing a chair at my unprotected skull i say hell yeah! I'd do it in front of 10 fans or just a video camera for NO money. These guys are performing in front of millions worldwide and are also getting millions of dollars. Is all that not enough to motivate one into being a man and taking the shot?
So what's your excuse for wanting to do it? To look cool in front of two or three of your friends?

James Steele
07-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Its fucktards like you and the "xtreme" feds (the XPWs and CZWs of the world) that are a black eye on wrestling. There is no talent involved in a match where 2 guys "wrestle" with broken glass and C4 and barbwire nowadays because you fans of that could care less about the psychology involved in wrestling nor do you care for the actual safety of the "wrestlers" you admire...NO as long as somebody gets bloodied and glass stuck in his back with 3rd degree burns to his arms. THAT'S HARDCORE! THAT'S EXTREME! That is what I call BULLSHIT! Extreme bullshit at that.

Corkscrewed
07-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Dude.. DO IT! Get a camera and have your friend whack you right in the head with a steel chair. Then post the vid on Rapidshare or something and link us too it.

I'll rep you.

Jaton
07-26-2005, 04:23 PM
What I'm amazed at, is that there's a plethora of things to complain about in WWE right now. GAB, shitty writers, hell there's even plenty of topics to do it in. He's bitching about chairshots.

Corkscrewed
07-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Well, duh... cuz he's taken fifty too many himself!

Shadow
07-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Its fucktards like you and the "xtreme" feds (the XPWs and CZWs of the world) that are a black eye on wrestling. There is no talent involved in a match where 2 guys "wrestle" with broken glass and C4 and barbwire nowadays because you fans of that could care less about the psychology involved in wrestling nor do you care for the actual safety of the "wrestlers" you admire...NO as long as somebody gets bloodied and glass stuck in his back with 3rd degree burns to his arms. THAT'S HARDCORE! THAT'S EXTREME! That is what I call BULLSHIT! Extreme bullshit at that.

I :heart: James Steele. Will you marry me?

Sadistic
07-26-2005, 05:14 PM
What I'm amazed at, is that there's a plethora of things to complain about in WWE right now. GAB, shitty writers, hell there's even plenty of topics to do it in. He's bitching about chairshots.

Not chairshots, the pussy wrestlers that won't take them like a man.

Shadow
07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Not chairshots, the pussy wrestlers that won't take them like a man.

HOW PUSSY IS IT TO TAKE SOMETHING THAT'S MADE OUT OF METAL DIRECTLY ON YOUR HEAD YOU STUPID FUCK!?

Someone slice this guy's head off. Please?

Marcyo
07-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Done.