PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown! is better than Raw.

PullMyFinger
07-29-2005, 02:38 PM
I never ever thought I'd say this last year, but Smackdown! is actually my favorite show now. Raw doesn't even come close to it at the moment. It seems like the far more complete show that has a little of everything. All Raw has is some boring match ups, the Diva contest that I couldn't give a shit about, and an annoying commentating team. Sure, it has a few pluses like Angle, Carlito, Jericho and HBK but thats really it.

SD is far greater because I'm interested in watching...

Captain Charisma
Benoit
whenever they actually put on a cruiserweight match up with London
Mexicools - any match with them is great, and their gimmick is hilarious
bWo - nuff said
the better commentating team
JBL's excellent mic skills
Rey/Eddie feud (which is by far the best feud I've seen in the last couple years)
Legend Killer RKOing Taker twice now haha
oh yeah and sd's divas are a lot better looking than Raw...if you're gonna put on Divas, at least put on some hot ones (christy seems to be th eonly one looking good on Raw)

For instance, last week's Rey vs. Super Crazy match up was great...even though it ended in a DQ. It was prob better than any match I've seen on Raw in the past few months.

Londoner
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah i agree, though the writers do their very best to screw smackdown over and over, it's still by far the better show.

Fignuts
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Agreed.

PureHatred
07-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah. Baffling. The bookers went out of their way to load Raw up and then the writers immediately made Angle and Cena and Carlito remarkably uninteresting.

Corkscrewed
07-29-2005, 03:31 PM
I agree... except GAB f---ed things up. Still, SD has its saving graces. Late June through mid July was the best I've seen in years.

Innovator
07-29-2005, 03:34 PM
I can withstand a RAW brand only PPV. A Smackdown! only PPV makes me wish for the days of the Shockmaster

Londoner
07-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah. Baffling. The bookers went out of their way to load Raw up and then the writers immediately made Angle and Cena and Carlito remarkably uninteresting.

I disagree with that, apart from Cena. I like what they're doing with Carlito at the moment and his feud with shelton(despite them making shelton look weak last monday) and i'm enjoying Angle right now. He's becoming funny again, like he said he wanted to do.It's just that smackdown overall is much better.

TerranRich
07-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I can withstand a RAW brand only PPV. A Smackdown! only PPV makes me wish for the days of the Shockmaster

Uh-uh! THIS is what I long for:

http://www.oldschool-wrestling.com/wwow/WWW_pictures/maxmoon1.jpg

Hell yeah! Maximillian MOOOON!!!

Kane Knight
07-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Are you crazy? With Hogan on Raw? This kicks asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

*runs*

darkpower
07-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Are you crazy? With Hogan on Raw? This kicks asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

*runs*
And Hogan IS tougher than a two-dollar steak. [/JR]

KillerWolf
07-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Smackdown! seems to be able to do more with less.

The Answer
07-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I would agree but they aren't using Christian right and Batista has gotten significantly worse on the mic since joining smackdown. Raw has been getting worse because of certain matches happening again and again like Edge vs Kane and the whole diva search and Chris Masters junk. I would say it's even but the return of RVD will sway me to Raw.

RemyRed
07-29-2005, 08:30 PM
I've been saying this forever. The Eddie Guererro vs. Rey Mysterio feud is tired already though and they need to hurry and finish it.

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm worried they're not going to put SmackDown!'s main event on last at Summerslam. I really think they should. 1. Batista won the Royal Rumble, then chose the World Heavyweight Championship to contend for, then he won it in the main event of WrestleMania and 2. The show is in Washington, D.C. aka. Batista's hometown. There are only two major PPVs left this year, is it so hard to put Batista on last at them? An Elimination Chamber at Summerslam would definately go no last, so I hope they take that route for their main event.

The Eddie/Rey feud is awesome, and although the secret thing soudned bad on paper, the way they're doing it is really clever. Eddie knows some secrets about his close friend, and when he can't beat him professionally, he batters them up personally. Seriously, I would pay money to see these two go at it in a Hell in a Cell Match, but since that won't be happening, I say they let them go at it in a Steel Cage. Or even better, have an Elimination Chamber at Summerslam, and drop the Chamber for their match. A one-on-one match inside the Chamber teasing a huge main event would serve many purposes, and Eddie and Rey could use the Chamber to its fullest.

But back on topic, SmackDown! has been looking great recently. With the addition of Jamie Noble and Spanky, it doesn't look to be on the way down either. I just wish they'd put SD! at least on even ground as RAW.

Mike the Metal Ed
07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
oh yeah and sd's divas are a lot better looking than Raw...if you're gonna put on Divas, at least put on some hot ones (christy seems to be th eonly one looking good on Raw)

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/victoria/photos/10.jpg http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/victoria/photos/10.jpg http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/victoria/photos/10.jpg http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/victoria/photos/10.jpg http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/victoria/photos/10.jpg http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/victoria/photos/10.jpg http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/victoria/photos/10.jpg

Yashamaga
07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Victoria is not hot

DeadMan90
07-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Like fun she isn't. Go see her live and your opinion may be changed.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-29-2005, 09:36 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2064/skswwedivas2005trishstratus003.jpg

Nervous Ferret
07-29-2005, 09:38 PM
hey remember our agreement Jabba? :mad:

DeadMan90
07-29-2005, 09:42 PM
That sir is a mighty fine picture of Trish. I must say that...

Too bad she has been injured for a while, I would have liked to see her last week at my city's house show.

Flair1672
07-29-2005, 09:58 PM
SD is boring most of the time IMO. I almost want to fall asleep when JBL talks on the mic or when he wrestles. And their World Champion cant wrestle for crap(but neither can RAWS champ.) SD also dosent push their cruiserweight division. Also its crap that Christian and Eddie seem to lose every match they wrestle, unless its against a jobber. I think the JBL/Batista fued is a boring fued. Neither are that good of wrestlers. I hate Cena, but im interested in his fued with Jericho, because Jericho can at least carry him in a match. I do agree though that the diva search is just plain stupid. Im not saying that RAW is way better than SD, because SD has the cruiserweight, BWO, Eddie, Benoit, and Christian. I personally just find RAW more interesting, right now with their current fueds.

SuperSlim
07-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Victoria is hot

owenbrown
07-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Victoria is hot

I agree :y: I saw her at a RAW brand house show over a year ago.

Pepsi Man
07-30-2005, 01:24 AM
I have to say that I think the Eddie and Rey feud is overrated. What would on the surface appear to be only adequate set-up actually seems to me like drawing it out and making it predictable.

For a feud to be good, there have to be moments you just totally don't see coming, and frankly, Rey vs. Eddie has not had that of yet, in my eyes.

Fox
07-30-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm worried they're not going to put SmackDown!'s main event on last at Summerslam. I really think they should.

Are you seriously? Did you see Batista/JBL at GAB? That was a fucking disaster - the kind of thing that makes Nash/Hogan at WCW Road Wild 99 look like a technical classic of epic proportions. If the World Title match went on last at Summerslam, not only would it be a horrible match wrestling-wise, but it would have no heat. People would be tired from yelling during the Hogan/HBK match, not to mention the Jericho/Cena match - both of which look to be much more entertaining than JBL/Batista Part II: The Horror Continues. No disqualification gimmick or not - that match is going to reek.

Back on topic, Smackdown is in no way superior to RAW. They push crap and let all the great things slide to the back: Christian's push, Chris Benoit matches, the three incredible cruiserweights in Super Crazy, Juventud and Psicosis that they are wasting in a horrible gimmick, Paul London, and the Mysterio/Eddie feud is even getting weak.

Look at their champions: Batista (has been over-rated since his main event push), Orlando Jordan (enough said), Heidenreich and Road Warrior Animal (a useless hoss and an over-the-hill wrestler of the past), and Paul London (their only saving grace - who is demoted to Velocity).

RAW has talent and even if they don't know exactly how to utilize them to their fullest extent - they've got it down better than SD does. Shawn Michaels is getting interesting again. Triple H is currently gone. Chris Jericho is playing the cocky heel. Cena is playing the Pop Babyface. Carlito is always entertaining to watch. Plus there's Shelton Benjamin and Kurt freakin' Angle. Oh, and I guess some people like that Eugene guy too.

Simply put: RAW is the more entertaining show. When that horrendous pimple on the face of RAW known as the Diva Search is over, it will clearly be the better of the two. RAW has more talent who get themselves over despite terrible writing. SD has less talent who aren't talented enough to get themselves over despite the terrible writing.

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2005, 02:37 AM
Are you seriously? Did you see Batista/JBL at GAB? That was a fucking disaster - the kind of thing that makes Nash/Hogan at WCW Road Wild 99 look like a technical classic of epic proportions. If the World Title match went on last at Summerslam, not only would it be a horrible match wrestling-wise, but it would have no heat. People would be tired from yelling during the Hogan/HBK match, not to mention the Jericho/Cena match - both of which look to be much more entertaining than JBL/Batista Part II: The Horror Continues. No disqualification gimmick or not - that match is going to reek.

Perhaps I didn't make it clean enough. I meant that SmackDown! should have a World Heavyweight Title match on last, not necissarily the specific one they've lined up (which is a really stupid idea if you ask me).

But just for argument's sake. I think Batista/JBL II would have heat. Summerslam is in Washington D.C., which is Batista's hometown. You'd be surprised how many people will be paying just to see him.

El Santo
07-30-2005, 02:40 AM
For all you folks using JBL/Batista as proof that Smackdown is an inferior show....

I shouldn't have to remind you that Raw was the show that gave us the classic known as Steiner/HHH.

darkpower
07-30-2005, 03:00 AM
For all you folks using JBL/Batista as proof that Smackdown is an inferior show....

I shouldn't have to remind you that Raw was the show that gave us the classic known as Steiner/HHH.
http://steinerphails.ytmnd.com/

I didn't create it, though.