PDA

View Full Version : True fan of the WWE? Read on...

frantheman76
01-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Hey everyone

I don't know about you guys, but over the last 6 months or so i've become increasingly indiffierent about the WWE product and the storylines it presents. Raw is passable at best, and Smackdown seems to just be lacking in everything that an exciting wrestling show should be.

For those of you who watched at the time, do you remember during the 'Monday Night Wars', how you were just counting the hours and minutes for Raw or Nitro to start, wondering what new, innovative angles they were going to come up with?? The amount of times during a broadcast, you'd sit up in your chair and say 'Oh my God!! Did that just happen?!?'.

The WWE has become lazy without any competition, and they are realising that by the house show and PPV numbers. They know the fans are less interested in the product, and are struggling for ideas to keep the shows fresh. So what can we do to make them more popular again?

I've only been viewing the TPWW boards for the last few months, but know that there are many hardcore fans here who individually have more creative minds than the entire WWE writing team. We need the WWE to hear our voice. If they know what the fans want, they can make it happen, and the product will be good quality once again.

So I suggest we pool our ideas on this board, and forward them monthly to the WWE. I'm quite happy to organise this and send them a monthly summary of everything we discuss. Maybe they'll take some notice, maybe they won't, but at least we've told them what we want.

So, ideas anyone?? Who wants to start?!?

Mike the Metal Ed
01-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Yes since Vince loves to place fan suggestions in his angles.

Blue Demon
01-19-2004, 11:07 AM
it would be a good idea...but think about this...would you be watching if you knew how things were going to play out down to the last detail?

Darwin Henderson
01-19-2004, 11:19 AM
good idea but i doubt vince would take notice.
if he listened to the fans he'd push chris jericho!
and use cruiserweights better.

FourFifty
01-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Start by begging Spanky to come back!

Chyno
01-19-2004, 11:49 AM
The WWE website says that they won't take any fan suggestions for ideas on storylines etc. and will automatically discard them. I guess VKM doesn't like to hear that he is wrong by holding back guys we would like to see more Jericho, Hardy etc. IMO

Kane Knight
01-19-2004, 12:34 PM
The WWE website says that they won't take any fan suggestions for ideas on storylines etc. and will automatically discard them. I guess VKM doesn't like to hear that he is wrong by holding back guys we would like to see more Jericho, Hardy etc. IMO

And who can really blame him?

For the longest time, he got called a genius for being completely lucky. Now, left only to his skills, he's getting criticised. That is SO totally unfair.

FakeLaser
01-19-2004, 12:47 PM
WWE has been stale for years now.

The Naitch
01-19-2004, 01:25 PM
it's a pain to watch nowadays

The CyNick
01-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Some stuff is still bad, however knowing their plans for the coming year I have some faith in the people making decisions on who to push.

That said, the people writing the actual shows still need some help. However, I think both RAW and SD have shown a lot of improvements since the Fall, and at leats they've had a plan for Mania and they are sticking with that plan. You look at Taker-Foley, Brock-Goldberg, Orton-Foley, Kurt-Eddie, all of these fueds have been or are being developed long in advance of Mania, so when we get to Mania they will seem even more special. Hopefully this type of long term booking continues.

The idea of sending ideas to the WWE is a waste of time. The WWE has their ideas on what will draw and they dont care what the internet says. Plus, no matter how much we write that HHH is a cancer in the WWE, its not like he's going to be de-pushed since he essentially runs the company at this point.

John la Rock
01-19-2004, 01:37 PM
I really think that Vince McMahon does not give a shit about his company now a days. He's made a shit load of money and has beaten out all competition. There's not much else to do.

I think if Vince gets his head together and start pushing new main eventers, while return to some nostaglia, then fans will get more interested, and of course more T and A.

Trish and Stacy are both on Raw and they hardly ever show any skin. I don't mind if Trish doesn't show anything cause she can wrestle better than half the male roster. But Stacy there's no excuse, her only talent is her sex appeal. Vince should say to Stacy, ok, your going out there and shaking your ass or you're fired!

The Naitch
01-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Stacy + more skin = me more happy

John la Rock
01-19-2004, 02:30 PM
oh ya I forgot, same goes for Torrie and Dawn Marie, cause they posses the same qualities and MORE as Stacy.

EazyMack
01-19-2004, 02:49 PM
For those of you who watched at the time, do you remember during the 'Monday Night Wars', how you were just counting the hours and minutes for Raw or Nitro to start, wondering what new, innovative angles they were going to come up with??
Yes indeed, those were great days for wrestling.

I'd like to see a federation such as the NWA/TNA get a weekly spot on national TV. I could do without the "TNA" part of the name, though.

I don't know, but something has to come along someday, right?

The Naitch
01-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Dawn Marie has a lot of potential if she was used right in the WWE

Kane Knight
01-19-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm confused: Which do you want, wrstling or pron?

The Naitch
01-19-2004, 03:17 PM
a little from collumn A a little from collumn B

RAW for the T&A and storylines, Smackdown for the wrestling

Sephiroth
01-19-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm confused: Which do you want, wrstling or pron?

They don't know what they want, they are marks. It's true, that the WWE isn't as it was in the old days, but i think Smackdown! and Raw are getting a bit better IMO. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
01-19-2004, 10:00 PM
The problem is that the writers used to push to be excellent. Now they push to be good.