PDA

View Full Version : Something funny I read while reading The Death of WCW.

KingofOldSchool
08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
So I was reading about Ric Flair's legal issues with Eric Bischoff and WCW back in 1998 and how the WWE weren't seriously pursuing Flair because of it. Well evidently back then people within the WWE didn't want Flair to come in and headline against Stone Cold, because Flair was "too old.'

Who was one of these men you may ask? Well none other than Flair's running buddy Triple H. Triple H even said in a radio interview in 1998 that Flair "should retire."

Fast forward a few years later to Ric Flair and Triple H's first meeting.

HHH: So Flair why haven't you reti...
Flair: HUNTER! What's going on champ?!?! I'm a big fan of your work, you're the future of this business! Is there anything I can do for you? Get you a cup of coffee? Buy you a box of industrial sized Kleenex's? Wait...what were trying to ask me?
HHH: Oh I...uhhh was just wondering why you haven't rented the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood yet...
Flair: No. Why would you ask me that?
HHH: Well ummm I thought it was a good movie. Yeah...
*brief pause*
HHH: So, how about that coffee?

Watson
08-02-2005, 11:20 PM
LMAO

BigDaddyCool
08-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Wait, Ric Falir is still alive?

TerranRich
08-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I think I heard about this already. But yeah, it's hilarious that HHH was the one who wanted Flair out, and now they're best friends.

Chavo Classic
08-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Is anyone surprised by the behaviour of Triple H the politician anymore?

Corkscrewed
08-03-2005, 12:04 PM
:lol:

I can totally imagine that's how the first meeting went.

Pepsi Man
08-03-2005, 12:15 PM
To be fair, you have to wonder how much of stuff like that was worked. You have to remember that the odds were still that Flair would remain with WCW, and at that time, no one wanted to say anything good about anyone in the rival organization.

I'm not trying to blindly support Triple H or anything, just putting a new thought out there.