PDA

View Full Version : european title

iwantviral
08-06-2005, 05:56 AM
where is the european title now? it used to be a very reputed title and was held by people like british bulldog, bret hart, hbk, owen hart, triple h, etc. then why is it seen no longer in the wwe? plus why the hardcore & light heavyweight titles no longer exist. even if smackdown has the cruiserweight title raw could bring back the light heavyweight title. and the two show might bring hardcore and european titles. this would make the shows more interesting. what has happened to trish stratus? since becoming the women's champ she has not made many title defenses. i think i last saw her when kane punished her. but shawn michaels was stripped of the intercontinental title bcause he had not made a title defense for a certain time then why dont they strip stratus of her title and bring back some women's wrestling back in raw? some one like victoria should be the womens champ. whay say guys?

Impact!
08-06-2005, 06:31 AM
I think this answers your questions, that is if I interpretted correctly. Also paragraphs would help.....alot, anyway here goes.

The European Championship was joined with the Intercontinental Championship when Jeff Hardy (who was the European Champion at the time) Faced off against RVD (who was the Intercontinental Champion at the time) in a unification ladder match, where the winner would get the unified IC title. (The Hardcore title was joined with the IC title as well)

The Euro title has not been brought back as it would just be a jobber title, and with the brand split and their mis-use of the titles they have already it wouldn't be a good business decision. The same can be said for the hardcore title, except people were complaining it was to rough on their boies and were having trouble kicking out.

The Light Heavyweight title was unified with the Cruiserweight title sometime in the year 2001.

If the WWE put the Lightheavyweight title on Raw, the division would pretty much consist of The Hurricane, Tajiri and maybe Kid Kash, and with what their doing with the CW title it probably would be another bad business decision.

Trish inured her back and should be back within the next month or so. They haven't stripped the title off her because there's really only Victoria and Christy who wrestle, and Christy really can't wrestle, so there's really no division.

If I missed anything, please tell me in a WELL WRITTEN and PARAGRAPHed form, it hurt my eyes reading that post.

ddpBANG
08-06-2005, 07:35 AM
The Light Heavyweight title was unified with the Cruiserweight title sometime in the year 2001.

Actually, these titles were never unified. A Tajiri vs. X-Pac unification match never happened because X-Pac was injured. When X-pac returned, he did so without the title.

Impact!
08-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Oh ok, I thought Kidman and X pac joined them at Survivor Series or something

iwantviral
08-07-2005, 07:33 AM
thanks for the information.

Hitman84
08-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Bret Hart was never European champion.

There have only been two true European champions: Davey Boy Smith and William Regal. As Brits, and therefore Europeans, they were the only wrestlers qualified to hold the title during its spell in the Federation.

If WWE were to introduce a new title (and I don't really think they should at this juncture to be honest) it should be a TV championship. That way lower mid-carders could have a belt, a push and TV time every week. A TV title would be a great way for management to get a feel for how the crowd react to seeing a wrestler who they think should get an IC/US or WWE/World title push later. Much more respectable than a 'Masterlock Challenge' for example...

Xero
08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
There have only been two true European champions: Davey Boy Smith and William Regal. As Brits, and therefore Europeans, they were the only wrestlers qualified to hold the title during its spell in the Federation.
Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Lance Storm, and more recently Carlito have all been US champions. Does that disqualify them from being true US champions? I think not.

iwantviral
08-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Bret Hart was never European champion.

If WWE were to introduce a new title (and I don't really think they should at this juncture to be honest) it should be a TV championship. That way lower mid-carders could have a belt, a push and TV time every week. A TV title would be a great way for management to get a feel for how the crowd react to seeing a wrestler who they think should get an IC/US or WWE/World title push later. Much more respectable than a 'Masterlock Challenge' for example...

:cool:

Pepsi Man
08-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Actually, these titles were never unified. A Tajiri vs. X-Pac unification match never happened because X-Pac was injured. When X-pac returned, he did so without the title.
You're correct, except that it would've been X-Pac vs. Tajiri. Commissioner Mick Foley even commented on it in the buildup to the 2001 Survivor Series, when he was making other title unification matches, noting that he "probably should" have X-Pac vs. Tajiri to unify the LightHeavyweight and Cruiserweight Titles, but that X-Pac had seemingly fallen off the face of the earth, and no one cared.

iwantviral
08-12-2005, 10:41 AM
You're correct, except that it would've been X-Pac vs. Tajiri. Commissioner Mick Foley even commented on it in the buildup to the 2001 Survivor Series, when he was making other title unification matches, noting that he "probably should" have X-Pac vs. Tajiri to unify the LightHeavyweight and Cruiserweight Titles, but that X-Pac had seemingly fallen off the face of the earth, and no one cared.

:yes:

Pepsi Man
08-12-2005, 10:48 AM
:yes:
Don't shake your head at me, you little mealy mouth bastard. Look atcha, with your beady little eyes. You're pathetic.

Impact!
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
:lol: