PDA

View Full Version : Darkness Falls = Maddening!!!

My Final Heaven
08-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Hello all, I just watched this movie & all I can say is it FRUSTRATED me more than any movie has in recent memory! It keeps on showing these brief flashes of brilliance, but for all but about 20 minutes of it's running time it insists on dwelling on the most burnt-out movie cliche's imaginable. The cops, My God the cops! I wanted to punch every hick cop in this movie in the face! I thought that this movie was supposed to take place in Maine, but I swear every police officer in it sounds like they came from Mud Lick, Kentucky! This film suffers from what I call "Alien 2" syndrome. That is, there's mysterious murders going on around every corner. Kyle is the only one who seems to know what's going on, or has even SEEN THE KILLER for that matter. Still, every person that's in a position to do something about it delights in heckling him in that long, drawn out drawl...

Kyle: "You've got to help me! There's a serial killer on the loose, & it can kill you if you walk off alone! It cuts you up like you've been through a blender, & I havn't even held anything sharp for this entire movie!"

Barney Fife: "Now, Y'see boy, Yeh shettup raht thar! Ah seen what yeh did T'that there Ray in theh woods! THEM WAS HIS WOODS BOY! Ah'll show yew what weh do t'those who mess wit' owuh own! Now's I gotsta go in this here dark room..."

:repeat ad nauseum:

If they wouldv'e just spent more time fleshing out the actual killer, along with the things that Kyle & Michael went through at the hospital (like the night terrors, which I actually went through when I was little) this would've been an awesome movie. As it is, It's merely a suitable distraction for a night. If I wanted to see stubborn hillbillies, I would've wasted my money on a ticket to "The Dukes of Hazzard". Are there any other movies that anybody can think of that were like this, as in they keep on showing slight flashes of what the movie could be, but keep on bogging down with utter CRAP. Thanks for listening to me rant for a lil while lol.

DaveWadding
08-09-2005, 04:16 AM
Suspect Zero is the same way. Great concept and flashes of brilliance (mostly by Ben Kingsley) and it end up being unimpressive overall.