PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Dominic will "turn" or some asinine shit like that?

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 01:11 AM
I've just got this feeling that it's going to be the typical Diva turn, where suddenly and for no decent reason, Dominic betrays Rey.

Watson
08-11-2005, 01:14 AM
I think it's gonna be similar to the Raven/Sandman/Tyler angle where the kid turns on his dad and becomes a poster child for the heel only to go back to his dad later on in a "heartwarming" moment that makes everyone in the crowd go "Ahhhhhhhh".

Fox
08-11-2005, 01:15 AM
God I hope not, but I could definitely see it.

If they're smart, they'll have Rey win to have custody and move them both into different feuds - or they'll continue the feud in a different light or angle (having Eddie team with the Mexicool to reform the LWO would be a start).

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening quite that way. Rey has beaten Eddie several times on several PPVs, including WrestleMania 21. Eddie needs this victory to stay fresh and in the game. A Dominic heel turn is likely, and fuck all if I'm right.

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I think it's gonna be similar to the Raven/Sandman/Tyler angle where the kid turns on his dad and becomes a poster child for the heel only to go back to his dad later on in a "heartwarming" moment that makes everyone in the crowd go "Ahhhhhhhh".

The WWE would NOT recycle angles. Duh. :roll:

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
God I hope not, but I could definitely see it.

If they're smart, they'll have Rey win to have custody and move them both into different feuds - or they'll continue the feud in a different light or angle (having Eddie team with the Mexicool to reform the LWO would be a start).

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening quite that way. Rey has beaten Eddie several times on several PPVs, including WrestleMania 21. Eddie needs this victory to stay fresh and in the game. A Dominic heel turn is likely, and fuck all if I'm right.

I've never seen a loser booked with so many wins. Rey Rey is always the winner it seems, but he's going nowhere. Of course, all it does is give him WCW flashbacks, no doubt.

All I could think when I rewatched Smackdown today (Playing it for someone who missed it on Thurs.) was hwo this reeked of a fucking heel turn. so either Dominic or his mom is going to turn on Rey.

Savio
08-11-2005, 01:34 AM
It'll be a ladder match and domonick will raise the custody rights from reys reach.

Fox
08-11-2005, 01:35 AM
All I could think when I rewatched Smackdown today (Playing it for someone who missed it on Thurs.) was hwo this reeked of a fucking heel turn. so either Dominic or his mom is going to turn on Rey.

Definitely. The angle has to go SOMEWHERE, and with the soap opera writers backstage, you know it's going to take some wild turn that will "keep the viewers on their toes" and totally suck ass. So probably a heel turn for one of Mysterio's family members.

Gone Mad
08-11-2005, 01:41 AM
The WWE would NOT recycle angles. Duh.

Yeah, or have an angle and then just have us assume that we'd forget it in less than a week. Like that one angle... whichever it was. :shifty:

And if Dominic turns heel, then good god... :nono:

Mr. Nerfect
08-11-2005, 04:39 AM
If they are going through with this Ladder Match, I think it is a bad idea.

The whole basis of this feud is that Eddie can't BEAT Rey Mysterio. He can't pin him, make him submit, keep him outside the ring for a ten count or put him in the awkward position where he gest disqualified. It is always Rey winning. In a Ladder Match, there is no fall, so it kind of destroys a lot of what this feud was about.

Personally, I'd go with a "Loser Leaves Town" Match. If Eddie wins, Rey is finally beaten, and doens't get a chance to avenge his loss. His whole life has been turned upside down for the last few months, with nothing good coming out of it but solid wins over a former WWE Champion and Royal Rumble Winner. If he loses his win-loss record he loses everything. If Rey wins, Eddie goes to RAW, leaves the Mysterios alone, and everyone goes home happy except for Eddie, who's spent the last portion of his career drilling for oil in his feud with Rey Mysterio, in an attempt to pick up a win, only to come back with some massive loses to Rey Rey. Makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Anyway, the match between Eddie and Rey should be good, but I hope they don't do a swerve. If it is a Ladder Match, the only itneresting swerve I can see coming out of it is that Eddie or Rey swapped the custody papers with a note saying "Fuck You", or something to the like. Then have the other guy reveal he had the papers and signed them before the match even started. If Eddie wins the Ladder Match, it gives him that big win over Mysterio, only to have the good guy get to finally get a personal upset over his adversary. If Mysterio wins, it allows the feud to continue, making Eddie look like even more of an evil bastard than before.

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 07:58 AM
'Loser leaves town' and 'Ladder' match ideas both sound good to me.

Afterlife
08-11-2005, 09:58 AM
lol @ "a note saying "Fuck You""

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah, or have an angle and then just have us assume that we'd forget it in less than a week. Like that one angle... whichever it was. :shifty:

And if Dominic turns heel, then good god... :nono:

I still remember...

...I just don't remember what I'm remembering.

BigDaddyCool
08-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah, but there is one key thing this angle is missing, and that is Raven.

SuperSlim
08-11-2005, 01:25 PM
he has to turn. it's typical WWE actions for each and every storyline

Splaya
08-11-2005, 01:53 PM
It'll be a ladder match and domonick will raise the custody rights from reys reach.

I could actually see them turn this into a ladder match.

Eddie/Rey ladder match = Huge ratings

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 02:25 PM
he has to turn. it's typical WWE actions for each and every storyline

Or Rey could turn heel, and start berating his own family.

"That weekend I sent you to the Neverland Ranch? I KNEW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN!"

"And that time you walked in on me and mommy, I WAS TRYING TO KILL HER."

"And remember when I got an instructor so you could learn how to wrestle? I KNEW HOW BAD LITA WAS."

Pepsi Man
08-11-2005, 04:34 PM
If they are going through with this Ladder Match, I think it is a bad idea.

The whole basis of this feud is that Eddie can't BEAT Rey Mysterio. He can't pin him, make him submit, keep him outside the ring for a ten count or put him in the awkward position where he gest disqualified. It is always Rey winning. In a Ladder Match, there is no fall, so it kind of destroys a lot of what this feud was about.
It keeps it STILL alive, though. This way, even when Eddie wins, he's STILL not satisfied, because he hasn't pinned Rey.

Crashnburn
08-11-2005, 04:48 PM
God I wish Chavo was still on Smackers for this. It would be great to get him involved somehow. Either confronting Eddie in the back and telling him that he is embarrassing the whole Guerrero family or helping Eddie finally beat Rey.

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 04:52 PM
It keeps it STILL alive, though. This way, even when Eddie wins, he's STILL not satisfied, because he hasn't pinned Rey.

Yeah. Eddie needs a win in some form to keep up interest in this feud. Even though I think Eddie's been Brilliant, I'm becoming more and more bored with this feud in general. There's only so long a one-sided feud can go.

OR they could cap it off somehow, but for the WWE, that ust means it dissipates.

Crashnburn
08-11-2005, 04:54 PM

I thought the same thing about Eddie and the Mexicools. I think the Mexicools have a lot of potential as a force on Smackdown but they need a voice (and preferably a voice that can speak English better than Juvi :roll: ) and a leader who would kind of direct them in their rampage.

V
08-12-2005, 04:41 AM
dominic vs rey at wrestlemania 22

Kane Knight
08-12-2005, 10:37 AM
dominic vs rey at wrestlemania 22

With a runin by the newest WWE stable...The Foleys...

To promote the latest WWE reality show, "Foley Matters."