PDA

View Full Version : Four Brothers

Loose Cannon
08-13-2005, 01:29 PM
god I loved this movie. I was kind of like "wtf" at first because I thought it was going to be an intense drama kind of movie, but it was half comedy and half drama/action. Some of the lines were pretty hillarious. You're gonna have to really suspend reality for this movie. So if you're one of those people that's always like "wtf, that can never happen in real life," you'll probably hate it.

Good action flick, good use of comedy and I thought the story was done really well. Lots of plot twists and stuff. Also Marky Mark is the man. Probably one of my favorite all-time actors. People were marking out big time for his character when he appears in that final scene You know what I'm talking about if you saw it. It was like a "Oh shit, here we go" kind of reaction in the theater

PapaGeorgio
08-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah I saw it last night. I enjoyed it a lot. (SMALL SPOILERS) Only thing I wasn't a fan of was the mother returning in the eyes of the brothers at part. I found that to be fairly corny. Instead I would have settled for a flashback or a little more setup in the beginning . But that is just small complaint really.

YOUR Hero
08-13-2005, 06:14 PM
It looked alright in the trailers. Perhaps I shall go see it due to this thread. Perhaps I will not.

Jalapeņo
08-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I want to go see it, badly.

Alas, I've just spent my last paycheck on a new PS2 + games + etc

RP
08-14-2005, 01:54 AM
I wanted to go see this movie , but i bought way too much drugs, hookers , and popcorn. :nono:

AareDub
08-15-2005, 12:39 AM
The long preview thing they showed during the UFC event last weekend made it look like complete shit. Because of that, I will not waste my time on this.

Yashamaga
08-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I saw it last night.

Pretty good :y:

Crimson
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
I thought it was a real exciting fun movie. Singleton usually delivers with his flicks. Also i thought Tyrese and Andre did decent acting jobs . I def reccomend this.

Jason Cage
08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
The movie was crap but not seriously terrible.
The mom dies and the brothers' anger looked totally forced and unrealistic. Also, the fact that it leaves us without explaining the backstory of one of the brothers (who's reactions I was expecting to be explained) just makes it worse. But that wasn't as bad as the super-predictable cliched ending, ripping off ---

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS --
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- The Recruit.

Loose Cannon
08-18-2005, 09:08 PM
You didn't like when things got blowed up Jason?

Champion of Europa
08-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I saw it yesterday, and I really really liked it. *SPOILERS* I was marking out whenever Wahlberg was walking out on the ice at the end. It felt like a western. All three of us were like, "OH SHIT." Major markout moment.

Loose Cannon
08-18-2005, 09:16 PM
I saw it yesterday, and I really really liked it. *SPOILERS* I was marking out whenever Wahlberg was walking out on the ice at the end. It felt like a western. All three of us were like, "OH SHIT." Major markout moment.

see, I told you. :cool:

Shaggy
08-19-2005, 09:14 AM
I really wanted to see this movie...at first I wanted to see it because I thought it would be interesting but from what everyone is saying its actually pretty good...

I just hope by the time I can go to the movies its still there....if not im gonna be pretty pissed.

Requiem
08-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah, saw it I think the day it came out.. I dunno, but it was great. Loved it. :cool:

Buzzkill
08-29-2005, 04:32 AM
The movie was crap but not seriously terrible.
The mom dies and the brothers' anger looked totally forced and unrealistic. Also, the fact that it leaves us without explaining the backstory of one of the brothers (who's reactions I was expecting to be explained) just makes it worse. But that wasn't as bad as the super-predictable cliched ending, ripping off ---

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS --
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- The Recruit.

How was the ending at all like that of The Recruit?

The Answer
09-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Great freakin movie.:y: :y: :y: :yes:

Gonzo
01-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Just saw this today on DVD, pretty sweet.

The twists in the plot had me going at different times. They get you going thinking that Andre Benjamin's character actually had something to do with his mother's death.

Loose Cannon
01-03-2006, 02:47 PM
oh dam, forgot about this. Got to get this on DVD.

Boondock Saint
01-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I liked it.

DaveWadding
01-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Rented the DVD, really liked it. I'll have to buy it eventually.