PDA

View Full Version : Man, I feel cheated.....

The Answer
08-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Now as must everyone knows Raw will be in Montreal this week and up here in Canada they are advertising a bonus inter-promotional 6 man feat Hogan,Cena and Batista going up against Jericho,HBK and JBL. Now this is all well and good for Montreal but Toronto(where I live) has Smackdown on tuesday and I was hoping they would feature the same bonus match. But man was I wrong. Instead of getting a chance to see my child hood hero(Hulk Hogan) live for the first time, I will have the privilege of seeing Batista vs JBL in a street fight:roll: . I know many of you will see this as sour grapes on my part but how is it fair for a Raw show to feature the main event Smackdown competitors yet Smackdown can't have the Raw main eventers the next day.

RP
08-14-2005, 01:48 AM
Sorry kid, Hogan doesnt work tuesdays.

Jaton
08-14-2005, 02:38 AM
Well when Smackdown came here, the fucking dark match they put on for us was Big Show and Cena against JBL and Orlando...think about that.

V
08-14-2005, 08:59 AM
your fault for not going to WMX8 (i didn't go either and still feel like shit)

JH
08-14-2005, 09:09 AM
i'm sorry but dude if hogan is your child hood hero you need to rethink your decision
listen to his latest interview man he thinks his dick is better than steve austin and thats his exact words

and jaton i was at that smackdown and personally thought that was an intertaining match especially when show open hand slapped jbl's chest and the echo was intense

Pepsi Man
08-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I've never gotten a "bonus" dark match. All of my dark matches have been people that were random jobbers at the time.

Jaton
08-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I think it's a sign that average gates are down--they offer a match bigger than the main event to get people to come.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Sorry kid, Hogan doesnt work tHURsdays.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I've never gotten a "bonus" dark match. All of my dark matches have been people that were random jobbers at the time.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but in the Northeast, the Boston-area shows (I live about 2 hours from) and such have been advertising interpromtional dark matches, or other such bonuses, on their TV shows. Even the major house shows (Smackdown on Monday Night, frex).

And I think a better indication of gate sales is that they're doing house shows in Vermont. For decades, Burlington was too small for them. Now they're doing it like 5 months consecutive?