PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2006

Kalyx triaD
08-14-2005, 04:28 PM
I wonder how millions feel about spending $50 for a stupid yellow cone, a Truck Stick that's pretty much ESPN's (Y) button, and a silly deep-for-nothing Superstar mode. Oh yeah, gotta love that back juke!! I played Madden '03 a few days ago, and trust me; nothing's changed aside from some in-game options. Still a good game overall, but I'm humorously convinced that people do not know why they buy Madden every year.

RoXer
08-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Shut up

RoXer
08-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I will agree with you that this years Madden is a step down for the first time in a while. But still, shut up.

Gonzo
08-14-2005, 06:12 PM
This years game isn't a vast improvement over any years, you're very right in that observation. It is still a good enough game in its own right. What would you expect with Next Gen systems on the horizon? They're obviously not going to go all out with any grand new ideas, they'll save them for the next year's versions that are going to be on the new systems. Makes plenty of sense to me, is enough to justify this years game for me, but also makes me that much more excited for Next Gen Madden.

Kalyx triaD
08-14-2005, 07:12 PM
This years game isn't a vast improvement over any years, you're very right in that observation. It is still a good enough game in its own right. What would you expect with Next Gen systems on the horizon? They're obviously not going to go all out with any grand new ideas, they'll save them for the next year's versions that are going to be on the new systems. Makes plenty of sense to me, is enough to justify this years game for me, but also makes me that much more excited for Next Gen Madden.

That's a much better thought out responce than 'Shut Up'. Enough so that I'll go with that until Madden '07. EA's forgivin this year. But if next year's best addition is a defense yellow target that counters the passing cone, I'm coming for you Gonzo. Quotes and all.

FearedSanctity
08-14-2005, 07:40 PM

Exactly. Also, the less time they spend on PS2/XBOX Madden, the better they can be making PS3/360 Madden. So I don't mind only a few new things for this year.

Madden games still(I think) come out for the original Playstation, but up until now they came second to the PS2 version, and they don't have most of the same things the PS2 version has, atleast the last time I played one.

EA is just basically taking the PS2 game a step down, like they did for the original Playstation game, and making Next Gen their main priority, which they should.

el fregadero
08-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Pretty excellent game, actually.

RoXer
08-14-2005, 11:33 PM
Madden 07 will be probly be terrible compared to Madden 08, etc.

AareDub
08-15-2005, 12:41 AM
It's hard to revolutionize when, at the end of the day, it's still a football game.

I remember back on one of the old SNES games they would show clips from other games at the half. It was usually just a last second fieldgoal, but damn that was sweet. They need to do this in the Madden series. (Yes, I'm vaguely aware that something like this existed in ESPN)

road doggy dogg
08-15-2005, 02:07 AM
lol @ saying 2006 isn't even a step up from 2003. I guess you forgot that 2005 gave the defense AI

el fregadero
08-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Didn't ESPN have a little Halftime thing, too? That was sweet.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-17-2005, 05:34 AM
Yeah ESPN had a halftime wrapup of the key plays and whatever...would kind of get a bit repetitive when the guy used the same nickname like 5 times to describe the kicker or whatever, still neat though. And it had a weekly wrapup thing going over all the other results and showing a big play from a couple of them, and then depending on what time of season it was it might pick out some promising guys in the upcoming draft. Neat stuff.