PDA

View Full Version : Is this plausible?

Jaton
08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Okay, so we've all seen the Unforgiven poster, and we all know that Jericho is supposedly leaving after SS. I had a thought while I was driving today--is it possible that this is a swerve? I mean, knowing how WWE has been playing to the internet fans lately, is it possible that they intentionally leaked out that info so that they could possibly surprise us? Discuss.

RemyRed
08-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't think the WWE will play to the internet fans anymore after the Matt Hardy thing to be honest (meaning I really do think Brock withdrew). I think the only reason they even did the Matt Hardy thing was to screw him over again.

Rob
08-16-2005, 07:18 PM
It's very plausable. However, Cena ia going over.

And is it just me or is his ring work getting worse by the week? Some of his punches last night were so weak looking it was embarrassing.

Afterlife
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
I think the Hardy/Edge deal is a test. If it goes as well and as big as they hope (and I don't see how it could NOT pay off), I'm sure they'll mess with us every now and then. Probably not on the same magnatude as this first "iSwerve", but nothing's ever as good as the first time. The difference is that from now on, it will have to be manufactured. Like, make a false storyline, leak it, then do something completely different, much like your suggested iSwerve of the ppv poster.

Jaton
08-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I like that term. iSwerve.

I still think the Matt Hardy swerve would've been better if they hadn't introduced him in a limo.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 07:27 PM
It's plausible, but I don't see it happening.

Jericho's got other commitments, and Cena's the big deal.

I mean, they can start rumours that indicate Jericho is leaving, but once the tour's booked, there's little they can do without Fozzy being in serious shit.

Jaton
08-16-2005, 07:28 PM
That's true, but have there been confirmed bookings yet? I'm out of the loop on that.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Well, if you check www.fozzyrocks.com, it shows venues they're playing in their Aussie and UK tours. I checked out several of the locals, and they've been listed as legit dates.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 07:36 PM
locales.

Jaton
08-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Oh well, there goes that theory.

Champion of Europa
08-16-2005, 08:54 PM
It wouldn't make sense for Jericho to go over, PERIOD. Cena is young and extremely over. Jericho is getting older and is viewed by many marks as a midcarder.

TerranRich
08-17-2005, 12:12 AM
I thought this whole "Jericho is leaving" shit was a rumor and Jericho himself denied it, saying he'd never leave.

Mr. Nerfect
08-17-2005, 04:44 AM
He did. He could have been swerving too, though, just to throw us off and make it look like he has a chance of winning (hah!).

I think everyone really needs to get over Cena as Champion. Seriously. The guy doesn't need the belt. Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps he isn't a good entertainer, perhaps he isn't good in the ring when he's let go, but I don't think he needs the title to have a fanbase. Perhaps he does, and perhaps somehow the phrase "John Cena- WWE Champion" draws people to see the show, but my opinion is that Cena losing the title would be interesting. Why? Because we don't expect it.

For a title to mean something it needs to be contested. Since he's won the title, Cena hasn't even been challenged for the belt. Sure he's defended it, but it was obvious pre-match who was going to win. WWE has served us some pretty stale match-ups recently, and the title scene is looking so linear you can almost predict the main events until the Royal Rumble. Throw a wrench in the works, WWE. Challenge yourself for once.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 10:58 AM
I thought this whole "Jericho is leaving" shit was a rumor and Jericho himself denied it, saying he'd never leave.

No, Jericho IS leaving, the rumours were that he was going for good.

A bunch of idiot fanboys saw "Jericho leaving after summserslam" and assumed that he was quitting.

He's leaving for 2-3 months for hsi Fozzy tour, but he himself has confirmed that he's coming back (He signed back)

TerranRich
08-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Gotcha. ;)

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 12:22 PM
The Fozzy tour is legit though, and they're billing it as fronted by Chris Jericho, so unless they flky him back between gigs, he's not gonna be on TV

Morrisey
08-17-2005, 06:10 PM
No Jericho on Raw.. :\'(