PDA

View Full Version : A good gimmick idea???

The One
08-17-2005, 04:00 AM
I was sitting around today thinking about possible gimmicks, after realising I couldn't come up with anything too interesting I went over to my friends house where he was watching Beyond Thunderdomeso that is where this idea comes from.

What if they had a huge big guy, like if WWE brought in Abyss or someone else like him and had him just a complete fucking reck and then brought in a really little guy in a manager type role where he is wearing suits and has the attitude of someone like a Horsemen, totally sure of himself, and then through manipulation he just has the big guy kill them and while the big guy always wins the matches, the little guy becomes more hated...almost to the point were if the Big Guy is so cool to watch like a Kane with a Goldberg streak that he becomes a face almost, but the manager becomes totally hated.

Any thoughts?

What Would Kevin Do?
08-17-2005, 04:19 AM
Didn't that sort of happen with Kevin Nash and Shawn Micheals?

Aussie Skier
08-17-2005, 05:09 AM
hmmm....

seems like its been done IMO.
Its alot like many of Jimmy Hart's clients, and to a certain extent, Paul Bearer and taker/kane

TerranRich
08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
What if they had a huge big guy, like if WWE brought in Abyss or someone else like him and had him just a complete fucking reck and then brought in a really little guy in a manager type role where he is wearing suits and has the attitude of someone like a Horsemen, totally sure of himself, and then through manipulation he just has the big guy kill them and while the big guy always wins the matches, the little guy becomes more hated...almost to the point were if the Big Guy is so cool to watch like a Kane with a Goldberg streak that he becomes a face almost, but the manager becomes totally hated.

And breeeeaaaaathe....

BigDaddyCool
08-17-2005, 11:55 AM
You were watching Beyond Thunderdome to get a gimmick idea?!?!?!? How original!

BigDaddyCool
08-17-2005, 11:57 AM
As for the gimmick, does Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman ring a bell?

It isn'tr a bad idea, it is just a slightly modified version of existing gimmicks.

The One
08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
OK, let me see if I can try to explain it better.

It would be more like someone like Spike Dudley walking around, stirring shit up, totally fucking with people's minds, challenging people to fights, bragging about how great he is, and then whenever anyone does get in the ring with him, he uses some contract stip to back out. But more then back out he then uses some big ass dude to replace him in the matches, and the big guy just flattens 'em. I wish I was a bit more articulate right now but after drinking all last night (sorry I maybe shouldn't have posted so drunk) now I have a head ache, but I will return sometime when I can clearly think...because I don't think this type of thing has been done. Now if only I could actually describe this type of thing.

Favre4Ever
08-17-2005, 07:33 PM
::hits the buzzer::