PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Noticed This (Summerslam Related)

JH
08-20-2005, 11:53 AM
the ic title is not on the line and neither of the tag titles are
carlito should have been booked point blank

Kane Knight
08-20-2005, 11:59 AM
It's sad that I'm not even surprised. Has the IC title meant anything since Carlito took it over? Nope. IT was looking hot with Benjamin, like both he and the strap were going places. Then they dropped the title to Carlito, and all three of them went nowhere.

Innovator
08-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I thought they were going with Carlito constantly getting out of matches with Shelton, which would have led to them at Summerslam.

But I guess creative thought it was better to job Shelton out to the Masterpiece

Kane Knight
08-20-2005, 12:07 PM
I thought they were going with Carlito constantly getting out of matches with Shelton, which would have led to them at Summerslam.

But I guess creative thought it was better to job Shelton out to the Masterpiece

Makes perfect sense, no?

redoneja
08-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Well i think its pretty obvious why there are no tag title matches at Summerslam. Hell I don't even think there are and tag matches period.

Kane Knight
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Well i think its pretty obvious why there are no tag title matches at Summerslam. Hell I don't even think there are and tag matches period.

Or tag teams.

Team Sheep
08-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Tag...team...? :?:

Pepsi Man
08-20-2005, 12:36 PM
It's sad that I'm not even surprised. Has the IC title meant anything since Carlito took it over? Nope. IT was looking hot with Benjamin, like both he and the strap were going places. Then they dropped the title to Carlito, and all three of them went nowhere.
It's not like Shelton exactly defended it at the big four either.

They've taken a LOT of emphasis off the titles, to the point that neither set of the Raw World Tag Team Champions nor the US Champion even making Wrestle-fucking-Mania.

SuperSlim
08-20-2005, 12:38 PM
well in that case why not just have a tg team unification match then at the end just have the champions chunk the belts to the floor. It isn't like the tag titles mean anything or there are any tag teams out there anymore cept for MNM, "LOD" and then there are Hurrican and Rosey and ummmm... I think that's it.

Jaton
08-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Heartthrobs. But who cares about them? I hate those fuckers.

Team Sheep
08-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Heartthrobs. But who cares about them? I hate those fuckers.

Die. They're my idols.

SuperSlim
08-20-2005, 12:46 PM
oh yeah the two guys that got squashed and jobbed to Big Show. I remember them

Volare
08-20-2005, 12:47 PM
the only matches that seemed to be made are grudge/championship matches (Angle/Eugene) (HBK/Hogan) (JBL/Batista) (Cena/Y2J) (Taker/Orton). Since the IC title really died out after the 2nd rematch with Carlito and Shelton (with no count outs). and the tag division is dead, there is no need for them and they want to give more time to each match in my opinion.

Kane Knight
08-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Tag...team...? :?:

I'm heavily medicated. Some of the things that come out of my mouth make no sense.

Kane Knight
08-20-2005, 03:09 PM
It's not like Shelton exactly defended it at the big four either.

They've taken a LOT of emphasis off the titles, to the point that neither set of the Raw World Tag Team Champions nor the US Champion even making Wrestle-fucking-Mania.

They may not have featured Shelton at a big four PPV, but he was going strong (The title was more or less just a plot device, but it was important), then they7 took two guys with good direction and turned them into two guys with no direction.

Jaton
08-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Die. They're my idols.

:nono:

Londoner
08-20-2005, 03:19 PM
In the attitude era, you would've been certain that it would be Carlito V Shelton for the IC title at summerslam, but these days the writers, surprise surprise, just don't have a fucking clue about how to build up a feud.I'm trying to stop myself going on about it, but they make it so hard for me not to do so.I was really interested in where they were going with Shelton/Carlito and who was going to go over in the SS match, i'm not going to fool for that again.

King Jericho
08-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Carlito isn't in a match as he's been being used in the main event picture with Cena/Jericho.

Though they should have used someone else so they could free up the IC title. Would have much rather watched Carlito/someone vs. Jordan/Benoit.

Natasha
08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Christian was IC Champ in 2003 and never had an IC match at Summerslam

King Jericho
08-20-2005, 03:23 PM
And it pains me to say, look what he's up to now. :\'(

JH
08-20-2005, 03:26 PM
carlito will probably interfere in the wwe title match

Londoner
08-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Carlito isn't in a match as he's been being used in the main event picture with Cena/Jericho.

Though they should have used someone else so they could free up the IC title. Would have much rather watched Carlito/someone vs. Jordan/Benoit.

And that shows a lack of planning by the writers, this is evidence that they don't plan for the near future. Shelton might aswell of retained the IC title, and then defended it against Masters, then it would make sence for Carlito to team up with bischoff/jericho in a meaningless feud that no one will give a fuck about when it's over.

CharismaInjection
08-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, I've thought about it and here are my opinions:

TAG TEAM DIVISION: It's all down to superstars being released and really stupid creative decisions. i.e. Seperating the Bashams...maybe I'd understand if you were gonna push them, but they've vanished. It was only a few months ago there were many tag teams, but the WWE's releases and draft trades ended this.
Haas was released, breaking up Hardcore + Haas. Maven was released, breaking up Dean + Maven. etc.

US DIVISION: It's been dead ever since Orlando Jordan won it. Before then, John Cena carried the title into amazing feuds and matches. Jordan's title reign has been one of the worse in history. They may have a chance to revive it if Benoit wins at SS. With a credible US champion, perhaps US feuds will be entertaining.

INTERCONTINENTAL DIVISION: Shelton's reign wasn't very interesting, it didn't have many good feuds behind it, but the carrier of the belt was good, and their were many defences. Ever since Carlito won the title, there have been very little defences, and instead of defending it, Carlito's helping Jericho + Bischoff for no reason whatsoever.

TRhose are my thoughts.

Xero
08-20-2005, 08:13 PM
You know, I'd much rather have the IC title on the line than the US title because of Orlando Jordan. I completely forgot that he was the US champion until last week. Benoit needs to win the title and revive the division. Although, once he wins it, he'll probably be on Velocity wrestling No Name McGraw in one minute technical squash matches.

Kane Knight
08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
And that shows a lack of planning by the writers, this is evidence that they don't plan for the near future. Shelton might aswell of retained the IC title, and then defended it against Masters, then it would make sence for Carlito to team up with bischoff/jericho in a meaningless feud that no one will give a fuck about when it's over.

Or that their plans changed suddenly.

But it doesn't matter. They can't be doing too bad a job if people are still watching.