PDA

View Full Version : The Other SummerSlam Predictions League

tucsonspeed6
08-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Welcome back again, Others, for the Summerslam edition of the Other Predictions League.

If you're reading this, it's probably after noon on Saturday, because with the new school year starting up I've had a million forms I've had to fill out for my new job, not including the million lesson plans I have to come up with this weekend, so I'll make this pretty breif.

I am your current champion, and if things go the way I hope they will, I'll still be your champ after this sunday as well.

The Other Predictions League Rules are as follows

1: Anyone can play. I base the championship off of a fighting champion basis. Each PPV you defend your title with honor.

2: THe points system for regular matches consists as follows: 10 points for a correct winner, and 5 points for the method of victory. And as always, I will only count the following responses for that extra 5 points. "CLEAN" or "PIN", "CHEATING", "INTERFERANCE", or "DQ". If you give me a more detailed response I will not give extra credit, and if I get the gist of what you're saying I'll accept it.(IE- "Taker wins via Tombstone" means that he'll have a clean victory) If you put nothing, I will default your response to a clean pinfall.

3: If there are any gimmicky matches, the points system will be detailed when I mention the match.

4: Whenever the retards at the WWE decide to add a match without bothering to advertise it (which is very similar to some stupid things WCW did before they went out of business. But that's another story....or is it?) I will accept it as extra credit worth an additional 10 points total instead of the usual 15.

And now for this month's Matches:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050815_sslam_uschampionsh1.jpg
Chris Benoit vs Orlando Jordan for the US belt in a "You can't seriously be telling me that you've been hyping this match for two months now!" match

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050815_sslam_laddermatch.jpg
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero for custody of Dominick in a "It doesn't really matter who wins this one, Rey will probably turn heel in a few months and Eddie will turn face again just as soon. Dominick's probably better off in foster care anyway." Ladder match

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050808_sslam_angleeugene.jpg
Eugene vs. Kurt Angle in a "Probably would be a great feud if Eugene didn't drag that 'Tard Hag around with him everywhere" match

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050803_sslam_orton.jpg
Undertaker vs. Orton in a "Surely after this match, the WWE will realize that they've reached the full extent of what they can do with the 'Oldschool Taker' character and end it ASAP

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050801_sslam_edgehardylita.jpg
Matt Hardy vs Edge in a "What audience is this feud appealing to other than Hardy fanboys? Guys who got dumped and are whiney about it? People who forget about previous WWE storylines very quickly? Seriously, WHO?" match

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050803_sslam_heavyweight.jpg
Batista vs. JBL for the WOrld Heavyweight Title in a "Ok, WWE, you've had a dozen different opportunities to turn this into a triple threat if nothing else. You better have a good excuse for booking something you KNOW is going to suck a month after the last suckfest." match

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050712_sslam_wwechamp.jpg
John Cena vs Jericho for the WWE title in a "It's for the WWE belt, it's got the most charismatic heel in the WWE today and the most over wrestler since Austin, but it STILL gets second billing to Hogan. Explain that!" match

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/868898/20050712_sslam_hbkhogan.jpg
Hogan vs. HBK in a "Even though I called you out for being a no-selling fraud, shooting on you on national television, I'm still gonna sell the shit out of your finger point of doom." match

That's it. Good luck everyone.

tucsonspeed6
08-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Normally I wait until somebody else posts their predictions first so it doesn't look like I own the league, but I'm super busy today and don't want to forget about my predictions.

My Predictions:
Benoit cleanly
Guerrero via cheating
Angle cleanly
Orton cleanly
Edge via Interference
Jericho cleanly
HBK cleanly

Londoner
08-20-2005, 03:36 PM
OJ V Benoit
Winner: Benoit-Cleanly

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Eddie-Cheating

Edge V Matt
Winner: Edge-Interference

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Angle-Cheating

Orton V Taker
Winner: Orton-Cleanly

Jericho V Cena
Winner: Cena-cleanly

HBK V Hogan
Winner: Hogan-cleanly

JBL V Batista
Winner: Batista-Cleanly

Yashamaga
08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Benoit
Eddie
Angle
Orton
No Decison
Batista
Cena
HBK

Joe Kerr
08-20-2005, 04:17 PM
OJ V Benoit

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Mysterio

Eugene V Angle

Orton V Taker
Winner: Orton-cheating

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: No contest just a short beat up

Cena V Jericho
Winner: Cena-Cleanly

HBK V Hogan
Winner: HBK - cheating

Jaton
08-20-2005, 04:18 PM
OJ V Benoit
Winner: OJ-Cheating

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Eddie

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Angle

Orton V Taker
Winner: Taker

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: Matt

Cena V Jericho

HBK V Hogan
Winner: HBK

Crashnburn
08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
OJ V Benoit

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Eddie-Interference

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Angle-Cleanly

Orton V Taker

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: Edge-cheating

Batista V JBL
Winner: JBL-interference

Cena V Jericho

HBK V Hogan
Winner: HBK-cheating

Team Sheep
08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
OJ V Benoit
Winner: Benoit - Cleanly

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Mysterio

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Angle - Cheating

Orton V Taker
Winner: Orton - Cleanly

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: Edge - Cheating

Batista V JBL
Winner: JBL - Interference

Cena V Jericho
Winner: Cena - Cleanly

HBK V Hogan
Winner: Hogan - Cleanly

Team Sheep
08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
By the way, half of you have left out Batista vs JBL.

Astley316
08-20-2005, 05:08 PM
OJ V Benoit

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Eddie

Eugene V Angle

Orton V Taker

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: Edge-cheating

Cena V Jericho

HBK V Hogan
Winner: HBK - cheating

Batista vs JBL
winner-Batista

DominateR
08-20-2005, 05:12 PM
HBK vs. Hogan--Ok, we all know this is going to be a ridiculously long match that will no doubt have many near pins and counters and things of that nature. But with this being probably Hogan's last match for a while and possibly ever while he does other stuff (his tv show for 1), they will put Hogan over in the end, and he will win by cleanly pinning Michaels after countering the sweet chin music, hulking up, whipping HBK into the ropes and giving him the boot to the face, he then plays to the crowd with the "I Can't Hear You!" thing (putting his hands behind his ears like he's deaf, surprised he's not by now with all the crowd noise whenever he uses that taunt), and then his patented leg drop. VERDICT: CLEAN WIN FOR HOGAN (PIN).

WWE Championship: John Cena [:::::©:::::] vs. challenger Chris Jericho--
A long fought match by both sides carrying eachother throughout however the Walls of Jericho will give Jericho the submission victory. VERDICT AND NEW WWE CHAMPION: Y2J CLEANLY (SUBMISSION).

World Heavyweight Championship (No Holds Barred): Batista [:::::©:::::] vs. J.B.L.--Probably a relatively short match for a SD! PPV main event that I'm guessing will more than likely see a visit from the original "Mr. F-5" himself, yes Brock Lesnar. He comes in and gives both men F-5's while the ref is down, and they both get knocked cold by the big man's maneuver, resulting in a double-KO, and Batista keeps the belt because a draw in a championship match goes to the champ even in No Holds Barred VERDICT: INTERFERENCE VICTORY FOR BATISTA.

Edge vs. Hardy--Probably the best feud match of them all, could see Lita interfering but I doubt it will happen and we'll see "Veeeeuh-oneuhhh" deal Edge a "very unfortunate 'TWIST OF FATE'"...:naughty: VERDICT: CLEAN WIN FOR MATT HARDY, VERSION 1.0 (PIN).

Orton vs. Undertaker--This match will probably take a lot longer than it should, but I see Orton taking his revenge finally on UT. If Orton uses the tombstone for the win and that is considered cheating than Orton wins by cheating, if not he wins cleanly by PIN.

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle--No Time Limit--Angle has all the time in the world to get his olympic gold medal back from an unsuspecting Eugene, bottom line he gets his olympic gold medal by forcing Eugene to tap to the Ankle Lock.
VERDICT: CLEAN WIN FOR KURT ANGLE (SUBMISSION).

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio--Ladder Match For Custody of Dominick--Another one of the longer hard fought back and forth matches but Eddie will prevail. VERDICT: CLEAN WIN FOR EDDIE GUERRERO (GRABBING CUSTODY PAPERS FROM WHATEVER THEY'LL BE HANGING FROM).

and finally

challenger Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan--WWE United States Championship--Benoit should take it home this time after a couple of crossfaces. VERDICT AND NEW WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPION: CHRIS BENOIT CLEANLY (SUBMISSION).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TS6, you didn't make a prediction on JBL/Batista...was that an oversight on your part or just didn't want to do it or is it a surprise prediction of some sort?

Crashnburn
08-20-2005, 05:16 PM
By the way, half of you have left out Batista vs JBL.

We were trying to block it from our memories. :-\

Thanks for the heads up.

Cool King
08-20-2005, 07:16 PM
OJ V Benoit
Winner: Benoit, Clean

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Eddie, Cheating and Dominick helps Eddie in some way.

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Eugene, Interference by Matt Striker.

Orton V Taker
Winner: Taker, Clean

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: Matt, Clean

Batista V JBL
Winner: JBL, Cheating

Cena V Jericho
Winner: Jericho, Cheating

HBK V Hogan
Winner: Hogan, Clean

Skippord
08-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Benoit

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Eddie, Cheating and Dominick helps Eddie in some way.

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Angle,cheating and submission

Orton V Taker
Winner: Orton, Clean

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner:Edge, Clean

Batista V JBL
Winner: Batista, Clean

Cena V Jericho
Winner: Cena, Clean

HBK V Hogan
Winner: Hogan, Clean

G-wrath
08-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Benoit

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Mysterio, Clean

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Angle, cheating and submission

Orton V Taker
Winner: Taker, Clean

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: No contest or Matt Hardy, clean, after Lita botches helping Edge. (I'm serious)

Batista V JBL
Winner: Batista, Clean

Cena V Jericho
Winner: Cena, Clean

HBK V Hogan
Winner: HBK, Clean

Fenix122
08-20-2005, 09:36 PM
OJ V Benoit

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Mysterio-Clean

Eugene V Angle
Winner: Angle-Clean

Orton V Taker

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: Hardy-clean

Batista V JBL
Winner: Batista-clean

Cena V Jericho

HBK V Hogan

Destor
08-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Benoit-submission
Eddy-clean
Kurt-clean
Orton-cheats
Hardy-clean
Batista-clean
Cean-clean
Hogan-clean

Sadistic
08-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Chris Benoit cleanly
Rey Mysterio cleanly
Kurt Angle via cheating
Orton via cheating
Edge cleanly
JBL via interference
Cena via interference (Carlito misses and hits jericho with the chair or something)
HBK cleanly

Angelina2K
08-21-2005, 03:59 PM
These aren't my prediction these are CORNDAD's

He asked me to post this for him over AIM since he can't get on to TPWW for some reason

corndaddy02: i know ur wonderful
corndaddy02: and hate to even ask
corndaddy02: but can u send this in a pm to tucsonspeed6
TheDivaSMH: I can just post it in the thread for you
corndaddy02: you are more wonderful then wonderful
corndaddy02: just say due to computer probs needed to find a hot chick to post for me

Legend vs. Icon
Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels
Hogan
Pin

WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Chris Jericho
CENA
Pin

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
No Holds Barred
Batista vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
Batista
Pin

The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
Orton
Cheating

Ladder Match
Winner Gets Custody
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
Mysterio
Grabs the Paper

WWE US Championship
Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit
Benoit
Clean

Matt Hardy vs. Edge
Edge
Cheating

Kurt Angle vs. Eugene
Angle
Clean

NoRoolz
08-21-2005, 06:00 PM
OJ V Benoit

Mysterio V Eddie
Winner: Mysterio-Clean

Eugene V Angle

Orton V Taker
Winner: Orton-Cheating

Edge V Matt Hardy
Winner: Edge-Cheating

Batista V JBL
Winner: JBL-Interference

Cena V Jericho

HBK V Hogan

Kris P Lettus
08-21-2005, 06:10 PM
-Chris Benoit vs Orlando Jordan for the US belt
Benoit via crippler crossface

-Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero Ladder match
Rey

-Eugene vs. Kurt Angle
Angle via submission

-Orton vs. UT
Orton by cheating WOOOOOOOOOOO

-Matt Hardy vs Edge
Edge with interference

-Batista vs. JBL for the WOrld Heavyweight Title
Batista via Batista Bomb than clean pinfall

-John Cena vs Jericho for the WWE title
Jericho (*orgaam*)

-Hogan vs. HBK
Hogan :(
]

Londoner
08-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Since no one replied in the SS thread i'll ask again, anyone got the results from the ppv?

Kris P Lettus
08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
http://www.rajah.com/base/2005/3991

Crashnburn
08-22-2005, 03:06 PM
No rush, TS6, because I know you're busy, but I'm anxious to see who's our new champ.

Mikee747
08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
I predict that:

JBL will win the championship

Mikee747
08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
and Kevin Nash gets hit by a car with elix skipper in a sex romp with the big show

Mikee747
08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
and marrisa mazzolo (shanes wife) comes on air and tags melina to choke stephanie who bangs her head on a car door and a package arrives at stephs doorstep addressed to scott hall who kisses hogan and when that is on CNN. bill gates makes a surprise appearance in the 2000' Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 21 had the rock kill eugene in a "wheelchair through a wall" match

Londoner
08-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Would you please fuck off, mike.

High Impact v.W.o
08-23-2005, 12:32 PM
agreed, or at least have a MOD change his name to douche or something

Corndad
08-26-2005, 01:26 PM
hey I got back on here on another computer I see Angelica did get my post up.. rep for that ofcourse but who won this

Crashnburn
08-31-2005, 02:19 PM
....but who won this?

Has anybody heard from TS6 recently?