PDA

View Full Version : LOST

Pages : [1] 2 3

Smitty
08-21-2005, 03:56 PM
This show is fucking nuts. I can't wait for season 2 next month.

The Destroyer
08-21-2005, 04:11 PM
It's taken absolutely forever to come on in the UK, so we're only up to episode 3 of Season One. :mad:

Disturbed316
08-21-2005, 04:16 PM
I've got the first four on tape, but I've yet to watch them. I need to find a spare couple of hours to catch up.

Smitty
08-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I got the whole first season on bittorrent...just saying :D

RoXer
08-21-2005, 05:01 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21274&highlight=Lost

:D

But yeah, just when I think I start to understand whats going on, they completely add a new element.

Boondock Saint
08-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah I wish I got into this show. Had class Wednesday nights and now I work Wednesday nights. Hopefully my job will get the first season on DVD so I can catch up before season 2. Which I'll tape.

TV on DVD = :love:

Amaroqwolf
08-23-2005, 01:52 AM
Season one is due out on Sept 5th, I've already bought it.

The Greater Power
08-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah, this show is the best thing to come on TV in forever. The twists each episode has are amazing.

Lost DVD, 7 Discs, can't wait.

Season 2 starts Sept. 21st

Loose Cannon
09-21-2005, 12:13 PM
STARTS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9:00 EST

:D

AareDub
09-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Just finished watching the 1st season last night. I'm betting they aren't going to show us anything substantial tonight. It'll just be more questions.

The Greater Power
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I have been waiting for this day for a long time.

I'll probably end up checking out Invasion too.

Boondock Saint
09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Can't wait.

DS
09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Just finished watching the 1st season last night. I'm betting they aren't going to show us anything substantial tonight. It'll just be more questions.
There is suppose to be a good amount of information in the first 3 episodes. We find out what's in the hatch today so that alone is big.

Dragon
09-21-2005, 07:45 PM
At 8:00, theres a show or something before the actual show. "Destination Lost" or something, anyone know what this is?

DS
09-21-2005, 07:47 PM
It's a recap episode of all the key points of the first season. So those who missed or didn't watch at all could kind of get caught up.

The Greater Power
09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
That was fucking awesome.

loopydate
09-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Wow. To quote Roddy Piper (and whoever he ripped it off from escapes me atm): "Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions."

Awesome awesome twist tonight, and I can't wait to see what comes of it.

el fregadero
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I gotta admit I did not see that coming at all with the "brother" guy being in the hatch. It took me until the end of the episode to realize we didn't see anything about the raft. Probably gonna be all-raft next week.

DS
09-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Probably not. Seeing as how there is no raft. There will probably be an update about it but I see more about the hatch.

RoXer
09-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Am I the only one who actually DID see that coming? I kind of guessed when he meet him at the stadium. There was way too much interaction with him and talk about "mircles" to make that scene just filler.

So, here are my questions/observations. What did he shoot into his arm in the first segment of the show? Is the hatch a control panel? "Execute"? Whats with the painting in the hatch? 108?

We'll just have to wait I guess.

RoXer
09-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, because I am a nerd, here some good insights as to what they have put together on some of the boards.

http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14041&page=4&pp=15

Dunno if you can get in without registration. Some good ideas though. 108 is the sum of all the numbers. That huge magnet possibly brought down the plane? Is he being quarintined from the island or vice versa? Maybe he lives in a biodome? Who knows.

el fregadero
09-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Probably not. Seeing as how there is no raft. There will probably be an update about it but I see more about the hatch.
I meant the raft people. I guess that was too hard for you to understand.

Also, Invasion sucked pretty bad from what I saw of it.

RoXer
09-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Walt was saying "Press the button. No button is bad." At least, when you play it backwards thats what you get.

el fregadero
09-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Why did you play it backwards?

loopydate
09-22-2005, 12:59 AM
What is it with backwards-talk this season? First the demi-alien guy on Threshold does it ("You...are...one of us"), and now Walt. It's like the go-to creepy effect of '05 so far.

Loose Cannon
09-22-2005, 12:59 AM
are you guys having a Lost convo without me :naughty:

Yea, Great start tonight. Missed Sawyer and his smart ass comments though :( I really liked the part with Walt appearing out of nowhere.

loopydate
09-22-2005, 01:04 AM
My sister had a thought tonight that I thought was pretty valid.

We pretty much saw the whole Desmond thing through Jack's perspective. What if it isn't actually Desmond, but that's the image that Jack sees?

Maybe it's the same entity that made Jack see his father last year and Shannon see Walt tonight. Maybe Jack associates Desmond with Sarah's miracle so, in search of Kate, "it" takes Desmond's form? Des is there after he saves the woman he would come to love, he's there when Jack comes to save his new love?

I don't know if that made any sense, as it's late.

And, LC, I missed Sawyer, too. It's not the same without at least one "Freckles" line.

RoXer
09-22-2005, 01:11 AM
I get where you're coming from Loopy, you have a point. El Freg, it was from someone who posted it on that board. They recorded it and played it backward with Windows media or something.

And one more over-the-top fact that I saw on there before I go to sleep.

Mama Cass (the one singing down in the hatch) was born Sept. 19, 1943. John Locke, keyboard player for the rock group "Spirit", was born Sept. 25, 1943, a mere 6 days later. Randy California, guitarist for "Spirit" suffered a nervous breakdown in 1973 and moved to Molokai, Hawaii, where he died in a drowning accident in 1997.

Dunno if its true or not though.

Buzzkill
09-22-2005, 01:47 AM
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WITNESS

OMGGGGGGG

Buzzkill
09-22-2005, 01:50 AM
I missed a few episodes of last season and have a few questions:

Did we meet the irish guy in the stadium at all before this episode?
What the CRUNK is going on

el fregadero
09-22-2005, 02:16 AM
We did not.

That is the real question, isn't it?

Buzzkill
09-22-2005, 10:10 AM
When did we learn his name is Desmond?

Dragon
09-22-2005, 10:53 AM
At the stadium when he tells Jack his name is Desmond.

DS
09-22-2005, 12:58 PM
My sister had a thought tonight that I thought was pretty valid.

We pretty much saw the whole Desmond thing through Jack's perspective. What if it isn't actually Desmond, but that's the image that Jack sees?
I don't see that being true due to the point that Locke knew there was someone else there as well. Unless Jack is just seeing a different face, then Desmond is an actual character for here. Not to mention all of the stuff that happened with him throughout the episode, I just don't see that being the case.

G
09-22-2005, 02:16 PM
I might have to go out and rent the first season. I'm hearing so many good and interesting things about the show. :y:

The Greater Power
09-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I've read Walt could have said:

"Dont touch the button, the button is bad".

Also, remember when Locke was screaming "I don't understand, I've done everything you've wanted me to do! So why did you do this to me!" in his second flashback episode in Season 1?

That could have been him yelling at Desmond (maybe they have a connection?)

Also, notice how Walt was wet? That makes me believe it wasn't a mirage because him escaping and swimming away (I know, a few men vs. a kid doesn't make much sense) would explain him being wet. And at first, the reason I thought he was talking quietly was because he didn't want "The Others" to hear him, maybe they were chasing him?

This is very interesting that I found, too: the numbers are all numbers of retired Yankee players.

Credit: ABC Lost Forums (for the majority of this post)

Shaggy
09-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Pretty good episode....

For some reason im thinking that the guy in the dome sorta runs the island...but that would be to simple and I think they want to try to run this thing on for a while.

I like the magnet Idea people have mentioned being what made the plane crash...

Cant wait till next week...

Oh...I actually thought Invasion was pretty good...dont know why I watched it when it starts with a hurricane and one is hitting us tomorrow...kinda weird I guess...but perhaps now im gonna be thinking of Aliens afterwards....

Boondock Saint
09-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Great opener. Can't wait for next week. :y:

Oh, and Evangeline Lilly is hot.

DS
09-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Walt says to press the button. I reversed it myself and it's clear.

Buzzkill
09-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Also, notice how Walt was wet? That makes me believe it wasn't a mirage because him escaping and swimming away (I know, a few men vs. a kid doesn't make much sense) would explain him being wet. And at first, the reason I thought he was talking quietly was because he didn't want "The Others" to hear him, maybe they were chasing him?

Doubtful. When you see walt, there is water RUNNING down his face. If he had swam back and walked, he would still be wet, and probably dripping, but water wouldnt be pouring off his body like that.

RoXer
09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
He might have drowned?

RoXer
09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
probly not though

el fregadero
09-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Did they never say why or am I just forgetting why they wanted Walt?

DS
09-22-2005, 10:48 PM
They never said. They just said they needed to take the boy.

el fregadero
09-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Excellent. Then I am still "in the know".

The Greater Power
09-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Well, we can pretty much conclude that "the island" has something to do with youth or children. Because Danielle lost her daughter to the "island" and Claire's baby, Aaron, was involved in some pretty interesting stuff.

Now Walt.

ThruTheWire
09-24-2005, 09:08 PM
This show is fucking nuts. I can't wait for season 2 next month.

Man that's one of the ONLY tv shows I watch (aside from Late Night with Conan O' Brien). Anyone catch the season premiere? It was great.

Buzzkill
09-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Man that's one of the ONLY tv shows I watch (aside from Late Night with Conan O' Brien). Anyone catch the season premiere? It was great.
Haha...yea...read the thread

KleptoKlown
09-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Anyone else notice that "flashback" scene with jack, when he first met his future wife after she was in the car accident? The other victim, the one jack didnt even look at. The EMT who brought him in, said something like "Rutherford, 57 blah blah blah"

Rutherford is Shannon's last name. Earlier episodes we found out that when her dad died...Boone's mom kinda snubbed her off. So we know her dad is dead.

More of the writers tying in all the characters.

RoXer
09-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Good catch. I even listened to the name, but couldn't put it together.

Eddie 3:16
09-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Whats with the painting in the hatch? 108?

We'll just have to wait I guess.

4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 = 108

RoXer
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah, figured that out the next day. Fogot to post it.

RoXer
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Its on in about an hour and half for us westerners

Loose Cannon
09-28-2005, 09:33 PM
oh, I always thought you guys just got things earlier. Like it would still be on for you right now, just at 6:00 pm your time. (3hr difference right?)

RoXer
09-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah, and then central time gets it an hour earlier so in reality its like 2 hours earlier/ I don't feel like explaining it.

It comes on in 1 hour and 20 minutes here. (The new one)

The Icon of Elisim
09-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Loved the ending, won't say anything till everyone sees it but that ending was hot

Loose Cannon
09-28-2005, 10:27 PM
yea word. seriously like these writers are leagues ahead of everyone else, except the guys from 24, who are the man too. I was like "oh shit" at the ending.

The Icon of Elisim
09-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Felt screwed with alot of the episode though, like I understand the pacing with the hatch and I understand that I'll be appreciate the story when things are revealed but CMON GIVE US SOMETHING

Loose Cannon
09-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I actually loved how they did it tonight. They showed how everything unfolded that we didn't see. That stuff I've seen done in like a movie before. (maybe Momento I'm thinking) I don't mind how slow they go cause it's just so well done.

Dragon
09-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Episode was decent. Nothing really happened at all though. It would have been nice to seen something new about the hatch or at least about where Sawyer and Michael landed. And yeah, the ending was pretty great setting it up for next week. Adebisi is the man.

The Icon of Elisim
09-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Thats what I'm saying, I wanted something new about the hatch we just got the story from the other people's view

Loose Cannon
09-28-2005, 10:46 PM
what did you want to see new? We saw different sections of it tonight (the food storage room, the vents, that machine with the numbers, the markings on the wall and we got to know a little more about the guy in the hacth. I dunno, I don't expect a lot I guess.

The Icon of Elisim
09-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Well obviously we want to know the story of the guy in the hatch. I mean opening the hatch was one of the big cliff hangers but all we've gotten is that there is a guy connected to Jack living down there and he has more weird stuff going on

RoXer
09-29-2005, 12:07 AM
UDDERS! UDDERS!

JIN :love:

Gonna go check the forums and see what they have to say.

DS
09-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Spoiler warning in case...I guess.

The others at the end were just other castaways from the plane. They just landed on another part of the island.

Boondock Saint
09-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Love this show. But I get so angry when it's over because they may answer or reveal something but it only brings up more questions. The hour just flies by. :mad: :love:

RoXer
09-29-2005, 12:26 AM
One of the things I noticed which I hoped no one else noticed, but it turns out there was a 5 page topic on it already, was that the "symbol" was on the "shark". I say "symbol" and "shark" because we don't know for sure yet.

http://www.lost-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24988&stc=1&thumb=1

So then, what the hell does the symbol mean? Well, here you go.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/robweber2/dharma_1.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/pakua.gif

Desmond's DHARMA symbol has a curved line connecting "Career Prospects" and "Marriage and Romantic Happiness".

The shark's symbol connected "Family and Health" and "Children".

When we first saw the DHARMA symbol, half of the episode was about Jack meeting his future wife, developing his bedside manner and Desmond mentioning he almost became doctor (Career and Romantic Happiness).

In this episode, half the episode was about Michael and Walt (Family and Children). Feng shui and the symbols may have a strong significance in the plot.

This was also posted...

It is an I ching octagon with a swan and the word Dharma (although the "R" is reversed).

Dharma means "Truth" and is the ultimate goal of Buddhists but also has representations in Hinduism I think.

Also, the I ching symbols are reversed.

Theres also a huge thread with zillions of theorys about the counter that counts down every 108 minutes...http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15071

And did anyone else catch the POLAR bear? That one was kind of obvious.

Thats all I'm typing about. Looking foward to next week.

Boondock Saint
09-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Wow.

LOVE THIS SHOW.

And who didn't enjoy the cleavage shot of Kate crawling through the vent? :drool:

el fregadero
09-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Spoiler warning in case...I guess.

The others at the end were just other castaways from the plane. They just landed on another part of the island.
Why did they have Michelle Rodriguez in a makeshift cage then?

Boondock Saint
09-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Maybe the Jack/Locke survivor group are all well organized, and this other survivor group have become savages, Lord of the Flies type of thing.

I dunno, JUST THROWING OUT SPECULATION.

el fregadero
09-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Na, come on, they're the Others that have been there for X years.

Boondock Saint
09-29-2005, 01:24 AM
Well there's the "Others" as in the those pirate dudes that kidnapped Walt.

Then there's the others as in the other survivors of the plaincrash (Michelle Rodriguez, the voice on the radio).

But whatever, waiting a week is torture. I was spoiled watching season 1 on DVD.

The Greater Power
09-29-2005, 02:05 PM
ADRIFT

Yeah, the ending of this episode was kinda Dawn of the Dead-ish. I think those people we saw in the end, The Others, are sick from whatever Desmond was talking about ("Are you sick?").

The only part I didn't care for was how much time Michael and Sawyer spent just talking. Well, I guess it was cool with the shark and all that, and it allowed for his flashbacks, but I was hoping they would find land sooner than they did. Basically, I was hoping they would meet new people in this episode.

I actually liked how they incorporated scenes from Man of Science, Man of Faith so we could see what other characters were doing during that episode that we originally didn't see (like Kate in the room, crawling in the vent). And now, Desmond's gun shot actually makes more sense.

The flashbacks I found kind of boring because while they pertained to the story, it really wasn't anything HUGE like Jack's was. Well, I guess everything can't be huge like that, people would eventually start to expect a Jack/Desmond twist in every episode. I guess the last flashback with the Polar Bear might mean something eventually.

RBM
10-03-2005, 06:17 PM
I picked up the season 1 DVD on Friday night and ended up watching all 6 discs over the past 4 days. I couldn't stop watching it. I don't know why I didn't become interested initially in watching this show as I didn't watch even a minute of season 1 while it was airing on TV. I ended up watching the first 2 episodes of season 2 and grabbed the DVDs.

MY GOD. I can see why they won the award for best drama on TV. This show is amazing.

AareDub
10-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I've been kinda unimpressed so far this season, but of course I'll still keep watching it like the tv addicted whore I am.

My speculations so far:

There are 4 different groups so far on the island. There is Desmond who works with/for the company that created and is in control of the island (yes, it's man made or at least man controlled.. get over it). I only thought part of the island was man controlled until the shark had the symbol on him. Anyway, there's the crash survivors (michelle rodriguez goes in this group too... also that black chick's husband is probably there). There are 2 different sets of "others." There are the others that took Walt with their fancy weapons (guns) and vehicles. Then there are an entirely different set of tribal like others. Maybe they are survivors of something else who were somehow stranded. Dunno yet.

More specific observations about Kate lead me to believe that she was molested by her father when she was young, she eventually killed him, and his been trying to dig her way out of the hole since then and just getting herself in more trouble. The recording of her as a kid mentions that she's always trying to run away. Her mother was upset at the sight of her. I think that's where they're taking this anyway.

Also, since peole are still speculating on the Walt thing. It sounds very clear to me that he says "DON'T press the button, the button is bad." The idea of him saying "no button is bad" is ridiculous to me.

Hmm had more, but UFC is starting lol

el fregadero
10-04-2005, 01:57 AM
He was on Jimmy Kimmel and said the line was "Don't press the button". That part is now known.

RoXer
10-05-2005, 09:06 PM
2 more hours

el fregadero
10-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Jin never spoke English before, right? Other than "the others". Now he's making coherent sentences?

The Greater Power
10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
yeah, I marked out.

I'm pissed at Lucia for tricking the guys into giving them their gun and finding out info.

Otherwise the episode was very solid, but the ending wasn't really as much of a cliffhanger I wanted, although it was still creative.

RBM
10-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Jin never spoke English before, right? Other than "the others". Now he's making coherent sentences?

Well, that was more of a preview of what's to come. I'm assuming he can speak fluent English just as his wife was hiding the ability to do so. Why they would show something like that in a preview I don't know as it would be a pretty decent "whoa" moment.

RoXer
10-06-2005, 12:06 AM
It would be an awesome "whoa" moment.

Gunna go scan the boards...

RoXer
10-06-2005, 12:36 AM
WHOA

I just watched the episode again, and during the Orientation film when they showed Jarold and Karen (The Creators) i paused to get a better look at them and noticed Jarolds beard, and it looked exactly like the one that the guy who kidnapped Walt had on the finale, i put on the dvd to see if they looked simalar and they do, and there is also a blonde woman on the boat who looks like Karen.

I think think that Jarold and Karen and all the people who worked at Dharma are actually "The Others" and are monitoring the island.

http://lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x03-orientation/5/normal_orientation-cap207.jpg

http://lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/ep-caps/season1/exodus4/normal_exoduspart2-1027.jpg

That is a very good theory. As is this...

forgive me if i reiterate. i'm just dropping in after not having much time online. but i missed this place and wanted to share what i've been thinking about.

okay, so what is all being studied? or was mentioned as subjects of study during the Dharma Project? (forgive me if i'm a bit off, they rattled them off pretty fast and that film was SHITE quality)

Social Psychology: so okay. studying people in groups. seeing how they survive in panic situations. that is pretty much the whole bleedin crash. or even how they react to frightening situations. like the monster? it could all be elaborate to scare people to see how they handle it.

ParaPsychology: this is a big one! parapsychology is a pretty wide range. it's sorta like studying the unexplained, X Files stuff. things like ghosts---say, Jack's dad? or mind reading....like it sure seems Walt might be able to do.

Animal Biology/Genetics: lemme reiterate.....GIANT FRIGGIN POLAR BEARS IN A JUNGLE

ElectroMagnetics: okay, i hope this doesn't have to be explained. electromagnetics isn't just a concept of compasses not working ((like sayid pointed out)). or plane's dropping from the sky ((uh...flight 815 anyone?)) it's also a biological matter. we all have electromagnetic currents moving through us. some think that raising or lowering these can alter our perception, and the way we are linked to other people.

Othere than that, not too many speculations. Some say the owner of the Dharma company or whatever looks familiar. Like Jack's father or possibly Locke's. Or not.

Boondock Saint
10-06-2005, 01:05 AM
I hope Jin hasn't been able to speak English this whole time. That would completely destroy the character development made between him and Sun up until now.

Anyone else get pissed at Jack when he pressed the button?

el fregadero
10-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Yeah, why would he still hide his ability to speak English when he ran from the Others on the beach, and again when he was in a freaking cage? Surely that would be a good time to start speaking English.

Crashnburn
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Anyone else get pissed at Jack when he pressed the button?

Oh, yeah, right there with you, bub.

Crashnburn
10-06-2005, 11:14 AM
ElectroMagnetics: okay, i hope this doesn't have to be explained. electromagnetics isn't just a concept of compasses not working ((like sayid pointed out)). or plane's dropping from the sky ((uh...flight 815 anyone?)) it's also a biological matter. we all have electromagnetic currents moving through us. some think that raising or lowering these can alter our perception, and the way we are linked to other people.

I was thinking about this and how in some eastern cultures (not to mention "New Age" medicine) they believe magnets have the power to heal and since the show seems to have a eastern influence (Dharma, chinese characters with meanings regarding the characters, etc) could this be the reason that Locke is able to walk again given the island's magnetic... properties, i.e. the place in the bunker where the key that hangs from Jack's neck was being pulled ?

RoXer
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I seriously doubt that Jin can speak english. I bet its like a dream sequence or some other explanation. And if the explanation is "he could speak english this whole time" I'm seriously going to stop watching.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm seriously going to stop watching.

yea, I'm sure you're gonna do that :roll:

I do see a similarity in the two women (or one woman) in your pics, but not the guy.

god my mom goes to these boards and reads all these posts about guys just analyzing every single detail about the show. She was telling me of all these thoeries people have. It's like thier life goal to figure the show out. They're like hardcore detectives of Lost.

what losers.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah, why would he still hide his ability to speak English when he ran from the Others on the beach, and again when he was in a freaking cage? Surely that would be a good time to start speaking English.

there's so many answers to "why." just try and think why a guy would want to hide his ability to speak English with the other people. I can think of several reasons, especially with his background.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 08:44 PM
hey RoXer, you got a pic of that picture that was on Desmond's shelf that had like his family in it?

DS
10-06-2005, 09:08 PM
hey RoXer, you got a pic of that picture that was on Desmond's shelf that had like his family in it?
When was it in the episode and I'll take a screen of it.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
fuck, you guys are starting to make me analyze this shit now.

About RoXer's post again, I'm a Pysch minor and I've studied a lot about the different types of experiments done with all the kinds of pyschologies. And looking back at everything right now, I swear this whole thing feels like a human experiment using naturalistic observation. Like it seems whomever is doing the studies have planted " unique situations" around the island just to see how the people react to them. Scientists look for cause and effect relationships to see exactly what causes certain behaviors in people.

pretty interesting in that view

RoXer
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
yea, I'm sure you're gonna do that :roll:

I do see a similarity in the two women (or one woman) in your pics, but not the guy.

god my mom goes to these boards and reads all these posts about guys just analyzing every single detail about the show. She was telling me of all these thoeries people have. It's like thier life goal to figure the show out. They're like hardcore detectives of Lost.

what losers.

Yeah, word. Meanwhile, I'm reading these losers and believing them and thinking that I now understand whats going on.

And yeah, there was a picture of Desmond and his girlfriend or whatever. Some said it looked like Jack's wife but then they agreed that Jack would have made a bigger deal about it when he confronted Desmond in the jungle.

I'll go find the pic. Gimme a minute.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 09:10 PM
When was it in the episode and I'll take a screen of it.

it was the last one. It was a quick shot of it. I'm not sure where it is in the episode though:-\\ It's definately inside the hatch though on like a table or shelf or something.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, word. Meanwhile, I'm reading these losers and believing them and thinking that I now understand whats going on.

And yeah, there was a picture of Desmond and his girlfriend or whatever. Some said it looked like Jack's wife but then they agreed that Jack would have made a bigger deal about it when he confronted Desmond in the jungle.

I'll go find the pic. Gimme a minute.

yea, that's what my mom was telling me that it was Jack's wife. Jack went really insane during that episode and it was a really wierd conversation between Desmond and Jack right before Desmond ran off. About his wife and stuff.

RoXer
10-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Do you think "Kelvin" is Ethan?

RoXer
10-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Also, the pic didn't really look like his wife. I'm having a hell of a time finding it.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 09:20 PM
who's Kelvin again?

DS
10-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Here is the picture. I tried to lighten it up a little because it was pretty dark...not sure if it will be too bright though so tell me how it looks.

G
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Father DS.

RoXer
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
There you go. And they all agreed that it did not look like his wife.

Kelvin was Desmond's roomate.

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 09:29 PM
yea, good job DS. Looking at it in still mode doesn't make me think it's Jack's wife. But I haven't seen Jack's wife since the last episode she was in, so.....

RoXer
10-06-2005, 09:33 PM
http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15036&page=2&pp=15

A pretty good thread about the significance of "The Third Policeman".

http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16051

A pretty good thread about the significance of "The Turning of the Screw"

Loose Cannon
10-06-2005, 09:55 PM
reading that just makes my head hurt.

I think we may be thinking too much and analyzing too much. I bet the answers to our questions are just right in front of our eyes, but we're missing them because it's too easy.

there's another theory going around that that big black dude is the husband of "Helen" Helen was the fat black lady you saw in the 1st episode crying about her husband. Remember she said her husband went to the back of the plane before it crashed?

The actor who played her went to Braodway, so that's why she hasn't been seen.

el fregadero
10-07-2005, 12:06 AM
there's so many answers to "why." just try and think why a guy would want to hide his ability to speak English with the other people. I can think of several reasons, especially with his background.
I dunno, the only one that comes to mind is that he lied about it at first but now it's been so long he doesn't want everybody to hate him for not speaking it earlier.

el fregadero
10-07-2005, 12:09 AM
fuck, you guys are starting to make me analyze this shit now.

About RoXer's post again, I'm a Pysch minor and I've studied a lot about the different types of experiments done with all the kinds of pyschologies. And looking back at everything right now, I swear this whole thing feels like a human experiment using naturalistic observation. Like it seems whomever is doing the studies have planted " unique situations" around the island just to see how the people react to them. Scientists look for cause and effect relationships to see exactly what causes certain behaviors in people.

pretty interesting in that view
But for them to just come out and make it obvious like that, it doesn't really make sense for the show. I think it started out like that just for the different hatches on the island (The Swan was outpost 3, right?). But something mysterious happened on the island and all hell broke loose.

Buzzkill
10-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Although seemingly plausible, I don't think that there's any way for it to be a sociology experiment, simply because if that was in fact the twist, they wouldn't have mentioned it in the show before it was revealed. They are gonna drop a bombshell I bet.

el fregadero
10-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Maybe they're trying to distract us with that obvious one so they can slip in undetected clues as to the actual reason(s).

RoXer
10-12-2005, 09:28 PM
On later tonight.

Loose Cannon
10-12-2005, 09:58 PM
I gotta say these scenes with the piano/flute/melodies playing in the background while the camea pans around to everyone are my favorites.

Boondock Saint
10-12-2005, 11:45 PM
ANother good episode. Love this show.

loopydate
10-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Are you kidding me?!? This is nothing more than a Bruckheimer--

Oh, wait. That was somebody else.

Yeah, definitely the best-written show on TV. So, place your bets, kids, who's going to be the one to not push the button inside the 108-minute timeframe?

Also, how long until they figure out that their bunker connects to the one that Ana-Lucia, Rose's husband, and Adebisi are in? Two big bunkers on the same island? No coincidence.

God, I can't get enough of this show.

RBM
10-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, even a slow, emotional character development based episode is still good stuff. Not every episode has to be a huge mystery charged cliff hanger.

RoXer
10-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, just character development this week. Nothing really "shocking".

Buzzkill
10-13-2005, 01:04 AM
There are 6 hatches total loopy

el fregadero
10-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Thank you, Buzzkill. Good to see someone else with some sense around here.

Crashnburn
10-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to talk about a few things about the episode last night. There will be SPOILERS in my post if you have not seen the Oct 12th episode, so consider yourself warned.

I thought the episode was great last night. I wanted to see more of the other surivivors (Adebisi and Rodriguez). The episode started out looking like we were going to get a good look at what's going on in their camp but that storyline got dropped in the last half hour of the show. :(

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we see Rose's husband in the pilot episode on the plane and wasn't he black?

Anybody else think, giving the looks of the second bunker (Adebisi and Rodriguez's group's) that it looks the Dharma project was ended a long time ago and for some reason Desmond's "pod" never recieved word?

RoXer
10-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Nope, we never saw Rose's husband.

RoXer
10-20-2005, 07:38 PM
That shit sucked

Buzzkill
10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
yeah, nothing happened. at all.

Loose Cannon
10-20-2005, 08:03 PM
I liked it. But I usually like every episode.

I love the Locke character so much. Never gets stressed out, never gets mad, always has a positive outlook and always gives great advice

His one last night "I'm not lost anymore" was classic

Dragon
10-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah, one of the more boring ones this season but I stilled liked it regardless.

What was going on with the preview in like three weeks? Is there going to be like a three week break or something? Would suck if it is.

DS
10-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah, looks like a three week break. Then someone dies. :(

Boondock Saint
10-20-2005, 10:30 PM
UGHHHH. 3 weeeeeks.

RBM
10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Slow episode this week, but it's still better than everything else out there.

Yeah it's been confirmed that a "major female character dies" this season.

Any guesses? I'm guessing Sun. I just don't think Shannon would die right after her brother. Kate's too important and Claire won't die due to the kid, I'm assuming. Maybe one of the new girls but that doesn't seem right.

el fregadero
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
French lady

Buzzkill
10-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Won't be the french lady, she isn't major.

My money is on shannon, since it's a shannon centered episode.

el fregadero
10-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Might be Rose, she dies from whatever and then her husband shows up at the camp only for her to be dead. :(

loopydate
10-23-2005, 02:51 PM
It won't be Shannon. Shannon has to live long enough to figure out what's going on in the bunker and get a shift working the button. Walt warned her not to push it, so she'll be the one to let the timer expire right as the second season ends.

el fregadero
10-23-2005, 02:55 PM
So we are agreed on Rose then

loopydate
10-23-2005, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were Rose.

Optimus Bone 69
10-23-2005, 11:01 PM
thats what i was thinking oh the irony

AareDub
10-24-2005, 01:49 AM
It's supposed to be a major character, I don't really consider Rose to be major.

All of the rumors and speculation have narrowed it down to Shannon or Kate. I'm leaning towards it being Shannon.

Boondock Saint
10-24-2005, 11:36 AM
I'll be pissed if it's Kate.

AareDub
10-24-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty tired of her characer, I could live without her at this point. Same with Sawyer really. Neither of them have really developed at all recently. Almost every other character has a different outlook or motivation this season, but they are still just the same as last season. Charlie is pretty much in the same group, but he hasn't been around as much lately.

Buzzkill
10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
It can't be Rose, the writers aren't that cruel.

Dragon
10-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I doubt it would be Kate, I'm guessing Sun or Rose.

The Mask
10-25-2005, 06:58 AM
I hope it's shannon. she's pretty useless as a character.

loopydate
10-25-2005, 11:12 PM
She's the only one who got the warning about the button, though. Sure, it was backward, but that has to pay off before they can kill her.

Buzzkill
10-26-2005, 12:44 AM
I've never really thought about it before, but howdid Jin get to shore after the raft was attacked?

The Mask
10-27-2005, 08:13 AM
She's the only one who got the warning about the button, though. Sure, it was backward, but that has to pay off before they can kill her.

well michael or whatever he's called saw walt too, so i imagine the next episode shannon will tell him, then die.

KleptoKlown
10-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Was there even an episode on last night? I missed it, and cant find EP6 anywhere on torrent spy :mad:

DS
10-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Just a rerun.

KleptoKlown
10-27-2005, 09:38 PM
shit :(

AareDub
10-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Yea, it's on a 3 week break. 2 more weeks to go.

Buzzkill
10-28-2005, 11:39 PM
HEY KK READ THREAD PLZ

Dragon
11-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Is this Wednesday a new episode or what? Don't even remember anymore.

FearedSanctity
11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Yes, this Wednesday will be a new one

DS
11-08-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking Sawyer's going down.

RBM
11-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Don't think they'll be killing Sawyer off. They've announced a female death and while a male death occuring to sort've throw us offguard to go along with the female death would be interesting, I don't think they'd kill off Sawyer yet.

el fregadero
11-08-2005, 11:04 PM
When exactly did they say it was a female though? I thought we were just speculating it was a lady.

Boondock Saint
11-08-2005, 11:14 PM
If I remember correctly, one of the actresses (Shannon I think) said in an interview a few months ago that a female would be killed off.

RBM
11-08-2005, 11:18 PM
TV guide had an interview with some of the Lost people and one of the things they mentioned was the confirmation of a female character dying this season.

el fregadero
11-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Wait, so has it even been confirmed someone will die in tomorrow's return episode?

Buzzkill
11-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah they say it in the promo's

DS
11-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Still going to say Sawyer even though it might be wrong. Doesn't mean they can't kill off two people. They did last season, just one of the came back to life.

AareDub
11-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Wow, still thought there was 1 more week to go. Cool :y:

DS
11-09-2005, 09:15 PM
"They're coming and they're close."

That's what Walt said, in case anyone wanted to know.

RBM
11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
holllyyyyy shit.

Ana kills Shannon.

DS
11-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Saw that coming after the gunshot.

FearedSanctity
11-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Sayid's gonna fuck some bitches up :cool:

DS
11-09-2005, 10:30 PM
So we have 3 potentially dead right now?

el fregadero
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah, technically nobody died. Shannon could survive, Sawyer could survive, Cindy(?) could be lost.

DS
11-09-2005, 11:04 PM
That's all the previews said that someone would be lost forever. Just seems reasonable that they mean that someone would die. Pretty good episode.

RBM
11-09-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't think this Cindy person counts since she's a minor character.

What's funny is that Maggie Grace was in talks to play Shadowcat in X-men 3 and she was warned that if she took the role, she would be killed off in Lost. Well, she decided not to take the role (can't blame her. A main character on the third highest rated TV show > a minor role in a popular movie chain) and yet she was killed off very early in the season and barely had any screen time in the past 5 or so episodes of the second season anyways.

RoXer
The fuck is Cindy? The shrink? I thought it was that othe chick.

Gotta go check this out.

el fregadero
Maybe we won't see Walt anymore on the island.

el fregadero
11-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I put a question mark (?) by her name because I wasn't sure if that's who Ana was yelling for.

RBM
11-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Cindy is the Australian flght attendant. Looking on IMDB, it says that she's in the next two episodes of Lost (November 16th and 30th) so she's apparently ok.

RoXer
11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
No, she definitly said Cindy. I just don't remember a Cindy character.

RoXer
11-09-2005, 11:21 PM
ORRRRRR, since the next two episodes are what happened when they crashed, she will be in the flashbacks.

RBM
11-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah true. That's probably the case.

Buzzkill
11-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Sayid is gonna put that bitch in her place.

Buzzkill
11-10-2005, 01:23 AM
(tied up with bamboo shoots under her nails)

Boondock Saint
11-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I hate Michelle Rodriguez both her character and the actress. She just pisses me off. I hope Sayid fucks her up.

Next week should be interesting with the tail section backstory.

DS
11-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I hate Michelle Rodriguez both her character and the actress. She just pisses me off. I hope Sayid fucks her up.
I have been thinking the exact same thing. She's the only reason I've ever wanted to turn the show off.

el fregadero
11-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Sayid is not going to do anything to her.

RoXer
11-10-2005, 09:07 PM
WHO IS CINDY?

I counted Mistereko (not "Mr. Eko"), Ana Lucia, Bernard, and the blonde shrink. Plus Sawyer, Jin, and Michael.

I don't ever remember seeing Cindy.

DS
11-10-2005, 09:22 PM
She popped in for like 10 seconds when they were deciding if they should make the stretcher.

RBM
11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Cindy is the flight attendant that gave Jack the little alcohol bottles and shit from the pilot episode. She's been in a few episodes between both seasons. She's alot like Rose. She'll have a few lines on every few episodes, but isn't a main character.

Crashnburn
11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
WHO IS CINDY?

I counted Mistereko (not "Mr. Eko"), Ana Lucia, Bernard, and the blonde shrink. Plus Sawyer, Jin, and Michael.

I don't ever remember seeing Cindy.

Cindy was the woman with the short brown hair.

Crashnburn
11-11-2005, 10:57 AM
What's funny is that Maggie Grace was in talks to play Shadowcat in X-men 3 and she was warned that if she took the role, she would be killed off in Lost. Well, she decided not to take the role (can't blame her. A main character on the third highest rated TV show > a minor role in a popular movie chain) and yet she was killed off very early in the season and barely had any screen time in the past 5 or so episodes of the second season anyways.

Maggie Grace never tried out for X-Men 3. That was just an internet rumor.

AareDub
11-11-2005, 01:06 PM
http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/11/deadgalwalking.png
Cindy

Buzzkill
11-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I watched the ending again last night, and for some reason I'm getting the feeling that there will be a huge twist in episode 8, and it will turn out it wasn't Ana Lucia. Don't know why really, just getting that vibe.

RoXer
11-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Another garbage episode. Only interesting things were the list, the glass eye/Bible/radio in the box, the new Dharma logo, and thats about it.

I actually have high expectations for next weeks episode though. It looks decent.

The Icon of Elisim
11-16-2005, 11:56 PM
I thought the episode was great aside from Michelle Rodriguez or whatever her name is. I just hate her delivery in her lines.

RoXer
11-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Something I didn't catch but some other people did...

Mistereko (Mr. Eko) pulled out dead bodies right? What about the one the camera focused on for a little while longer. You know, the one that was wearing a suit and already looked too stiff to be dead for a few minutes.

Could it be Jack's father?

EDIT here are some other tidbits

An interview on tvguide.com said that we should watch the staff, and that it was something we need to keep a close eye on.

"On Nov. 30 we'll finally learn what Kate's precrash crime was that landed her in so much hot water. Any other big flashback revelations this season?
Damon: In the next string of episodes, one of the really compelling backstory elements is what happened to Jack's marriage. We think Julie Bowen is amazing and she and Matthew Fox are so great in scenes together, and I think the audience is really curious as to what went wrong there.
Carlton: And you should pay attention to Mr. Eko's stick.

Seriously?
Carlton: Yeah.
Damon: Keep your eyes on Mr. Eko's stick.
Carlton: That stick is an important ongoing clue."

US Army Knife - First off I think the knife came to the island in this way... The man that Hurley met in the mental institution and the husband of the woman that Hurley then met in Australia were working on an island monitoring radio frequencies, or so that woman said. I think that it is possible that they were one of the teams of 2 that were in the hatch for 540 days and entering the numbers over and over every 108 minutes. I think that the pressure of having to enter the numbers may have caused one of those guys to go crazy hence ending up in the mental hospital. The woman said they were in the army and they were on a listening post, I think it is possible that there was an old listening post on the island and when they left the post they left the knife behind.

Taking the "Good Ones" - I think that they may be attempting to create a utopian society or something where they can recreate the garden of eden or something. They don't want people there who are bad or "sinners" and that is why they take the "good people" who haven't sinned. That would explain why only Walt has been taken on the other side of the island, because most of the other people have sinned in one way or another from what we have seen so they wouldn't be the "good people" that the others are trying to take. Also maybe since there are more of them and they have stronger people it has been harder for them to get to the "good people" and take them. Maybe Ethan was one of them and Claire was taken with Charlie because Claire was good and they wanted her baby too. He didn't really "take" Charlie because he ended up killing him. Charlie wasn't a "good person" because he was a womanizer and drug addict.

Glass "Prosthetic" Eye - Concerning the eye that we saw them take from the hatch I think that it continues along the same theme of prosthetics that we have seen thus far in the show. The Australian man that took Kate in to work on his farm had a prosthetic arm/hand, the wife of the man from the listening post that Hurley went to visit in Australia had a prosthetic leg, Dr. Marvin Candle appeared in the Orientation video to have a prosthetic hand, and now we have a glass/prosthetic eye.

Mister Eko not talking for 40 days - We saw that he was a religious man when he was talking to one of the survivors telling them that he would pray for the planes to find them and that he would pray for another person (who escapes me at the moment). Then when they found the bible in the hatch he looked at it like he was glad that he had a bible. Obviously he is a religious man and the 40 days of not talking may have something to do with Lent and Jesus spending 40 days/40 nights. I think he was also concerned about the burial of the dead bodies, and making sure that all the dead bodies were pulled in from the ocean so they could properly be buried. It also looked to me like one of the bodies that Mister Eko pulled from the ocean was Jack's father's dead body.

Monster Sound as tail of plane crashed - It sounded like the monster made some noise in the jungle somewhere when the tail end of the plane finally submerged into the ocean at the end of the first portion of the episode.

el fregadero
11-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Another garbage episode. Only interesting things were the list, the glass eye/Bible/radio in the box, the new Dharma logo, and thats about it.

I actually have high expectations for next weeks episode though. It looks decent.
I thought it was a pretty excellent episode myself.

Crashnburn
11-17-2005, 10:27 AM
There was some great tidbits in this episode but the problem is that they were cramming 40+ days into one one hour episode and it felt way too rushed. This episode was probably meant to let us get to know the Tailees and start caring about them, but I don't feel we know them any better and I personally don't care anymore about them. The only Tailee that I'm interested in is Mr. Echo. Ana Lucia needs to drop off a cliff. Not because she killed Shannon (that's the only part of her character I'm interested in), but I just find her really annoying.

Looking forward to next week's episode. It looks really good.

AareDub
11-17-2005, 03:30 PM
I was really disppointed in this week's episode. Like you guys said, there were a couple of interesting bits, but that's about it.

I could've sworn I read somewhere that the end of season 1 was the 30 day mark, though. I wish I knew what led me to believe that, but I guess it was wrong *shrug*

Boondock Saint
11-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I love this show. Enough said.

The Greater Power
11-17-2005, 03:40 PM
THE ULTIMATE THEORY

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

RoXer
11-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow.

Makes sense

el fregadero
11-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Gonna suck if thats right though.

Crashnburn
11-18-2005, 10:40 AM
THE ULTIMATE THEORY

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Just....... wow.

RoXer
11-23-2005, 06:01 PM
ON TONIGHT

And like I said, I actually have expectations for this episode. We'll see.

Loose Cannon
11-23-2005, 10:04 PM
:'(

god dam show making me tear up

el fregadero
11-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah I knew I would too whenever they reunited.

The Icon of Elisim
11-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Good episode, previews for next week look exciting.

Loose Cannon
11-23-2005, 10:14 PM
I just love when they do those scenes with the music playing in the background and just "actions" by the characters. Cause we already know what they are thinking.

god I love this show.

The Greater Power
11-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Looks like Kate turns full fledged heel next week.

The Icon of Elisim
11-23-2005, 11:58 PM
The back story this episode actually made me like Anna Lucia, she is still really annoying though

el fregadero
11-24-2005, 12:06 AM
I don't mind her that much, but I don't like her becoming a main character. We don't get enough Locke anymore.

Loose Cannon
11-24-2005, 12:25 AM
yea seriously. He's my favorite character by far. Always calm, always calming others down, always giving advice, and a great speech guy.

el fregadero
11-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Now that they're all together we should see more Locke. Still gotta do a back story on Ecko and maybe that one blonde lady who's name I don't remember from the tail of the plane.

RoXer
11-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Good episode. The "twist" in the flashback was kinda predictable. I dunno if predictable is the right word, but they way she kept asking about children and whatnot, it didn't really "shock" me. Still good episode though.

For Kate's episode, I think she has problems with her parents. Something tells me she was raped/molested/touchedinappropratlyinabadplace by her Dad. And I'm not sure why her Mom didn't like her. Guess we might find out next week. Or not. We'll see.

el fregadero
11-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Or maybe she was raped by a ghost.

RBM
11-24-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't like Michelle Rodriguez. I don't like Ana Lucia. A cop with an I-Don't-take-your-bullshit attitude? WHAT A STRETCH FOR HER.

Anyways, hopefully they lower her time a bit and give it to people that are a bit more interesting, like Locke.

Good episode though. They've done a good job of building up Mr. Eko's character to the point where I'm looking forward to seeing his story.

RoXer
11-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Or maybe she was raped by a ghost.

Her dead father. :naughty:

el fregadero
11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
After thinking back, what if Sayid teams up with Ana Lucia and they become the island hardasses and go around torturing random island inhabitants, eventually dividing themselves even further from the rest of the group? They're both dead, afterall.

Buzzkill
11-24-2005, 01:26 AM
In the canadian preview for next week, (highlight...) it shows the timer hit zero

Boondock Saint
11-24-2005, 02:34 AM
I still don't give two shits about Ana-Lucia.

Other than her I liked this episode. I'm glad the groups are together and the reunions were nice.

I loved the meeting between Locke and Eko. Can't wait for more scenes with the two of them.

Azriel
11-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Yeah Buzzkill, its gonna be a flashback episode

loopydate
11-24-2005, 05:48 PM
I loved the meeting between Locke and Eko. Can't wait for more scenes with the two of them.

Agreed. I always sort of thought of Eko as the tail's Locke. The two have sort of a "kindred spirits" vibe and I think they'll make fast friends. And that will be the single weirdest friendship on the island.

LOCKE: So, Eko, do you believe that everything happens for a reason?

EKO: Yes.

LOCKE: I do, too. You see, this is why I stay in the bunker. This is why I don't let the timer expire.

LOCKE: Pardon me for asking, but is that all you ever do? Speak in short sentences?

EKO: No.

LOCKE: Oh, good. Say, do you know what a walkabout is?

LOCKE: Oh.

el fregadero
11-30-2005, 10:52 PM
I dunno about this one. I just don't really care about Kate anymore. The flashbacks were pretty good, but I am basically not interested in her story. The rest of the episode was nice though. Locke's back in the thick of things now. Next week looked pretty ACTION PACKED.

Blitz
11-30-2005, 11:08 PM
nice ending tonight. Mysterious.

RoXer
11-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Kinda called it. Not really though. She got mad when she was asked if Wayne touched her.

Yeah, her character doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Dunno.

And if you look at the ultimate theory, is the CC referred to as the "association"? You have to read that whole thread to make sense of what I'm talking about.

And do wee have to wait a few more weeks since its the holiday or what?

FearedSanctity
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
And do wee have to wait a few more weeks since its the holiday or what?

Yep, 6 weeks :'(

el fregadero
11-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Six weeks? Get outta here.

Boondock Saint
12-01-2005, 02:02 AM
Yeah nothing til the new year.

Boondock Saint
12-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Kick ass episode though. The scene between Locke and Eko with the book was sweet. :cool:

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."

el fregadero
12-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Didn't we just end the three week hiatus two weeks ago?

Boondock Saint
12-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Yeah, they did these gay breaks last year too. Sucks.

Anyone catch Sayid on the TV in the background when Kate went to the recruitment office to see her dad?

el fregadero
12-01-2005, 02:10 AM
I did not. Good thing I have 6 weeks to look at the episode again.

Boondock Saint
12-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Good thing indeed.

What a way to leave us hanging too. :mad:

The Icon of Elisim
12-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Didn't see a preview for the next episode, what happens?

RoXer
01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
WOOOO It's on toniteeee.

Doesn't start for like an hour here though.

Blitz
01-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Good show tonight.
Finally got a good look at the monster. :cool:

DS
01-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Other then the monster, I don't know how good it actually was. Just another build up episode for a better episode.

DMI
01-11-2006, 10:43 PM
gay monster. i wanted better

RoXer
01-11-2006, 11:06 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Youre all insane. Probably best episode this season. Everything is starting to come full circle now. "The Others" taking kids, Eko's kidnappers taking kids. Eko/Charlie with similar brother situation. Just a bunch of shit thats all clicking. Still can't figure out when this is all taking place though.

It looks like the monster had images of something inside. Like it shows the person something. How to get redemption or how to get off the island or why they're there or something.

OssMan
01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
yo i meant 2 watch the show but i miss'd it, will it "b on again!

Blitz
01-11-2006, 11:17 PM
The images in the monster were from Eko's past. I saw the lady who was selling the Virgin Mary statues and Eko as a kid.

Telepathic monster :cool:

DS
01-11-2006, 11:19 PM
yo i meant 2 watch the show but i miss'd it, will it "b on again!
It will be on again next week. Right before the new episode, which looks pretty promising.

RoXer
01-11-2006, 11:24 PM
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/

wwe2222
01-12-2006, 10:24 AM
i enjoyed tonights show...I loved Eko's backstory and also that he found his brother on the island, etc...kinda creepy...

and damn michael for foolin around on the computer...no good can come of that!

loopydate
01-13-2006, 12:11 AM
The images in the monster were from Eko's past. I saw the lady who was selling the Virgin Mary statues and Eko as a kid.

Telepathic monster :cool:

Also explains why Eko wasn't afraid of the monster. If it was just showing him his past, it was only showing him things that he'd already atoned for.

Boondock Saint
01-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah good episode.

wwe2222
01-16-2006, 02:25 PM
I wonder if if the black smoke is like the movie Sphere...maybe some of the islanders dont know they have been in it and start to hallucinate...like michael's conversation with walk on the computer, and kate's delusions of the horses and such...

The computer also reminds me of an episode of the twilight zone where this guy kept digging through garbage and had to find something to put on this sculpture to stop disasters, etc from happening around the world...he took over for someone else, and likewise at the end of the show, another guy becoems obsessed with it...similiar to desmond taking over for his partner, and now the islanders taking over for desmond

Buzzkill
01-17-2006, 12:32 AM
It's also reminiscent of another Michael Crichton book, which features nano bots which resemble black smoke and have images in them...I can't recall the title of the book though.

RoXer
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
PREY

And the Abrahms has already discredited the idea of nanotechnology.

RBM
01-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Emmy and now Golden Globe winner for best drama. <3

Looks like a Jack centric episode tomorrow. We finally find out what the deal is with his wife.

RoXer
01-18-2006, 11:18 PM
I will bet good money that the girl Jack was operating on in Season 1 when his Dad came in and took over while drunk is his wife. When Jack found out about the pregnancy during that meeting, he quickly changed his mind and told the truth. Thats why she ran away. She wasn't seeing someone, she was pregnant.

booya

Buzzkill
01-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Doubtful, it would be really unrealistic if they made no mention of it between the two. That would be an awesome twist though, it just seems a tad far fetched.

ANYWAY

Sick episode tonight. The last line was great.

AareDub
01-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Damn Tivo cut off right when Jack asked Ana "so, you killed one of them?" or something like that. I read that he eventually asks her how long it would take to build an army. Does anybody know a site with next week's preview? The one I used to go to is no longer there.

Blue Demon
01-19-2006, 02:45 PM
I dunno if this was brought up...but the guy who plays Mr Ecko's nickname is Triple A :wtf:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015382/

Buzzkill
01-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Easier than Adewale Akkuayeaef Agbage

Boondock Saint
01-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Sick episode. I just wish Jack would have asked some questions during the confrontation with the Others. Maybe explain that it's not HIS fault they're on "their" island.

Blitz
01-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Anyone else catch that little pause from Zeke when Jack mentioned Ethan? He seemed to react kinda strangely, like maybe he didn't know what Jack was talking about.

More than one group of Others, maybe?

el fregadero
01-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I caught that reaction too. I don't know if that's what it meant though.