PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Raw was awesome.

Savio
08-22-2005, 11:12 PM
4.5 outta 5

Its a shame Jericho is gone I hope he moves to Smackdown! and matt hardy is an Idoit unless he just wanted money....How long is his contract for?

What would you rate raw?

Innovator
08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Jericho is touring in Europe with Fozzy

PullMyFinger
08-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Close to that rating.

I think this proves to WWE that Raw doesn't need Triple H. It's been so great seeing other top heels like Jericho and Angle.

Destor
08-22-2005, 11:17 PM
4.5, no doubt.

Splaya
08-22-2005, 11:34 PM
4.51 :shifty:

John la Rock
08-22-2005, 11:41 PM
The Angle/Shelton match + Angle Gold Medal celebration made this Raw 5/5 for me

Savio
08-22-2005, 11:42 PM
One thing I didn't like was the diva segment come on they did the same thing last year.

Stickman
08-22-2005, 11:44 PM
I thought the Cabana was pointless. 3.8/5

ThruTheWire
08-23-2005, 02:48 AM
I thought the Cabana was pointless. 3.8/5

Hmm, so Ric Flair should have just came out to an empty ring, talk about nothing and assault his jacket?

( 4/5)

PureHatred
08-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Just think, if Trips HAD been on Raw tonight, he actually would've come out to an empty ring and talked about nothing..just for 25 minutes. (Trips shows mercy on his jackets, though)

4.5/5

Really liked Raw tonight.

High Impact v.W.o
08-23-2005, 03:30 AM
Flair wrestling his jacket=ratings

Savio
08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Hmm, so Ric Flair should have just came out to an empty ring, talk about nothing and assault his jacket?
Hot feud right there.

Kane Knight
08-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Flair vs Senility.

Savio
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Flairs Jacket: David.....I am your papi!

Kane Knight
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
The one thing that really hurt Raw, IMO, was the main event. Not because I knew Jericho was leaving, but because I couldn't suspend disbelief and in any way think that there was a chance of Jericho winning.

It's not the whole Fozzy thing. I can suspend disbelief and get into the feel of a match, but they had to throw in a stipulation that no even rmeotely reasonable person would believe would swing both ways...The Loser is fired. Yeah, there's no fucking chance Cena's gonna get fired. Even being "fired" for one night and reinstated by Vinc McMahon would be a bad idea.

As a result, I couldn't believe the match. I even found those Brock/Shannon Moore matches believable, but I couldn't suspend it for this match. Great Heel tactics, great "Come out on top" sort of finish, but there was no part of my brain that could say, "Oh no! Cena's in trouble!" or "Jericho's gonna win this."

Kane Knight
08-23-2005, 12:59 PM
I still give it pretty high marks though.

loopydate
08-23-2005, 01:40 PM
There was a point, even though I knew Angle was next in line, that I was really hoping that the match was going to end with a screwjob with Cena joining Bischoff (like Rock joining Vince at Deadly Game), revealing that because Jericho had blown it so many times, Bischoff finally broke down and made Cena an offer he couldn't refuse. $$$$$

But, yeah, great show. The Shelton/Angle match was amazing, and I totally buy Angle as a WWE Title contender again. As much as I love him on the mic and in the ring, the last couple of months have hurt his credibility, imo. It's hard to imagine the guy that didn't know the proper use of the word "bestiality" as a legitimate contender. Or the guy who couldn't beat the retard in less than three minutes and got punked out by said retard and Tatanka (BUFFALO!). But now that he's got a mean streak again, I totally believe it.

Flair and Carlito in the same ring? Gold.

Rob Conway getting a clean pinfall over an established midcarder? Wow. It's almost like they've figured out how to built up an up-and-coming heel. Nah.

And, yes, I managed to make it through an entire Chris Masters segment without wondering what else was on.

Nark Order
08-23-2005, 02:04 PM
They ruined Hardy

Loose Cannon
08-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Yea, Great show. I loved how they were trying to establish young guys last night, but they picked the wrong guys. Carlito is great and should definately be doing this thing with Flair. Thought that was gold. But Masters and Conway? I love Conway and all, but that gimmick is so bland. It's just a regular guy with sunglasses on to me. Cool music though. And Masters I talked about in the other thread

Now what I hope they do is pair these young guys together and make them a stable. That's what can really help guys out who can't make in on thier own right away. Put them with a great mouth piece (Carlito) and then you have something. But I just can't see those two making it on thier own.

Kane Knight
08-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Conway--I'm only a little gay.

Vastardikai
08-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Masters on the mic is not a good thing, he needs more of an edge to his tone, as he just Looks and Sounds bland. Yeah, he has a million dollar physique. So what? He needs to follow up on that by saying something like "See what you can do if you actually get up off your ass once and actually do something besides shovel food down your throats?"

Carlito, all he really needs is a movelist and a finisher.

Conway, he needs to get a better pair of tights and a better theme. And a manager, so, if nothing else, he can get heel heat from being with the manager.

Anybody Thrilla
08-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Best Raw ever, probably.

loopydate
08-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Now what I hope they do is pair these young guys together and make them a stable. That's what can really help guys out who can't make in on thier own right away. Put them with a great mouth piece (Carlito) and then you have something.

You mean like the...

(Oh, come on, you know what I'm going to say here)

Loose Cannon
08-23-2005, 03:18 PM
yep :love:

loopydate
08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
"Above Average" Carly Colon

...doesn't have a nice ring to it at all.

Jaton
08-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Being my first live Raw event in about 8 years, I'd say this one was definitely worth the money. Surprisingly, Kurt Angle got a bigger pop when his music hit than Cena. I don't know if any of you noticed that.

Sadistic
08-23-2005, 04:24 PM
The absence of RVD was disappointing. It has to be next week.....right?

Deceit
08-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Jesus christ, i miss one raw and it happens to be one of the best of the year. Hopefully Savior hooks it up soon!

Savio
08-23-2005, 11:46 PM
nothing yet

Skippord
08-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Masters on the mic is not a good thing, he needs more of an edge to his tone, as he just Looks and Sounds bland. Yeah, he has a million dollar physique. So what? He needs to follow up on that by saying something like "See what you can do if you actually get up off your ass once and actually do something besides shovel food down your throats?"

Carlito, all he really needs is a movelist and a finisher.

Conway, he needs to get a better pair of tights and a better theme. And a manager, so, if nothing else, he can get heel heat from being with the manager.

Conway doesnt need a new theme:mad:

Hired Hitman
08-24-2005, 01:02 AM
(8)Just look at me.... Aint I a sight to see... Man of Mystery... Flippin' and spinnn' and doin' it fast, You can't remove the mask, Why? 'Cause he's kickin' your ass, Who's that jumpin' out the sky? R-E-Y Mysterio, Here we go... What? :shifty: