PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho is gone and that's a good thing.

Yashamaga
08-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Hear me out on this before anyone goes crazy :mad:

Jericho is going to be gone for a while, I'm guessing 4-6 months. Now I'm a Jerichoholic just like 93% (and these are accurate statistics) of TPWW. But I think that this is just what the doctor ordered.

Jericho has had the exact same gimmick for the last 6+ years and to be honest it has gotten stale. Now he has come to the point where he isn't taken seriously as a credible main eventer and he doesn't have the same feel to him as he has in the past.

So I think that after a long absence, when the fans hear "BREAK THE WALLS DOWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN!" during the middle of a promo in January or February they're going to go nuts and it will launch Jericho back into the main event status that's rightfully his.

Opinions?

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I agree. The only thing is, he was made to look like such a bitch in the "firing" situation, that I don't know if he'll EVER be taken seriously again. Sure he'll always have his fans (myself included), but I've come to accept him as my favorite midcarder.

When he does come back, though, do you think he'll be heel or face?

Yashamaga
08-24-2005, 01:28 PM
No one will remember him getting dragged out by security in 6 months anyway.

He'll be forced to be a face because of the reaction IMO

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2005, 01:29 PM
But it's so easy to flip that. Depends on what kind of promo he cuts, really.

Yashamaga
08-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah I know, but if they're smart they'll captilize on the reaction that he will get and run with it.

Personally I would have him be a tweener type.

Destor
08-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I like crybaby heels, so they could continue it.

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I thought it was cool when he was talking about how no matter what he did, his Jerichoholics would always be behind him. He would've been a nice tweener if they would've left it at that, but aligning him with Bischoff kinda screwed that up.

I like tweeners since they leave more options open for booking. If you can have a guy that can logically take on both heels and faces, I think it's a good thing.

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2005, 01:34 PM
I'd LOVE to see Jericho become the loophole finding, conspiracy victim that he was in days of old. But the chances are slim.

Rob
08-24-2005, 01:35 PM
If they bring him back as a babyface with a serious push then it will. Otherwise there's no point.

Shaggy
08-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd LOVE to see Jericho become the loophole finding, conspiracy victim that he was in days of old. But the chances are slim.

That would be so damn awesome to bring that Jericho back....

I just cant wait for his music to hit and for him to return. I miss him already and it hasnt even been a week.

I would love to see Angle walk out with the belt after the next ppv and then for him to hold it till Jericho returns. Then Jericho can take it from him. Sure Jericho has had the same damn gimmick forever but still....ITS CHRIS F'N JERICHO PEOPLE.....

And thats why everyone loves him

Hardkore Kidd J
08-24-2005, 01:57 PM
I think Jericho might be a babyface when he gets back. WIth the crowd's reaction when he comes back and I see them going with a storyline of Jericho being pissed off with Bischoff when he does come back.

Loose Cannon
08-24-2005, 02:09 PM
He should definately come back as a babyface and the one that's going to save the day and challenge the champ. You know.

"Well I basically defeated every single person on Smackdown, so I think I'm just gonna go home and res........

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN

Londoner
08-24-2005, 03:54 PM
I honestly can't see Y2J getting a decent push even on his return, Raws going to be weird without him, i'm sure we'll notice the difference when he's gone.His promo's are usually the most entertaining part of Raw IMO.

Mr. Nerfect
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
My ideal return for Chris Jericho? Royal Rumble is cluttered, and we have only one entrant left. A countdown begins on the titantron...JERICHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Chris Jericho cleans house and eliminates a lot of people. It eventually comes down to two people, Chris Jericho and The Rock (in his hometown, Miami) as we get flashbacks to Chris Jericho's initial debuet, and the battles these two had over the WCW Championship. After a 5 minute war going back and forth between the two, Chris Jericho eventually eliminates The Rock with a springboard dropkick. Chris Jericho is headlining WrestleMania for the second time in his career.

What's even better than that? Kurt Angle is WWE Champion. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 22. Please don't tell me that doesn't make you wanna spurt.

Kane Knight
08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Jericho probably won't be gone that long.

If they're serious about bringing him back, making him worth a fuck, then firing him and keeping him off TV until he returns is probably a good way to go.

Hell, he can even sell the "attitude adjustment."

Rob
08-24-2005, 06:26 PM
What's even better than that? Kurt Angle is WWE Champion. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 22. Please don't tell me that doesn't make you wanna spurt.

Where does HHH fit into this plan?

Skippord
08-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Where does HHH fit into this plan?

Triple threat:shifty:

Danny Electric
08-24-2005, 09:30 PM
He's playing Oxford in October or November, so he'll be gone a while.

Kane Knight
08-24-2005, 10:20 PM
He's playing Oxford in October or November, so he'll be gone a while.

October. Which is 2 months from now. Not sa huge length of time.

Goulet
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
If I'm not mistaken this is the first time since he came to WWE that he's taken any time off

The MAC
08-25-2005, 10:30 AM
remember when Jericho first debuted in the WWE and road dog called him a bitch?lol that was classic. I liked his shoot-style promo's back then when he said "Raw is snore" or somethign like that

Hardkore Kidd J
08-25-2005, 05:06 PM
I just thought of something the way WWE is I see them doing a little something like this. Jericho comes back a month from now on to Raw. I know he was fired from Raw on TV. But the way I see it Jericho comes back in 1 month time and says there was a clause/ Loop hole in his contract that says he can't be fired. The way I see it it's an idea WWE might do.

Kane Knight
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
I just thought of something the way WWE is I see them doing a little something like this. Jericho comes back a month from now on to Raw. I know he was fired from Raw on TV. But the way I see it Jericho comes back in 1 month time and says there was a clause/ Loop hole in his contract that says he can't be fired. The way I see it it's an idea WWE might do.

I can see him petitioning for his job back or something.

Or they could pull a Matt Hardy again...That would work...:shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Or they could pull a Matt Hardy again...That would work...:shifty:

True. Everybody knows that Jericho was in a very serious relationship with Stephanie McMahon before that datardly Triple H came along. A 4 minute match between the two next SummerSlam would be :drool: , not to mention completely original.

You smell that? Smells like ratings.

Aussie Skier
08-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Fozzy are in Australia next week!

I live in canberra tho, but I'm from Melbourne.
I'm going back to melbourne on wednesday, but Fozzy play monday...IT FUCKING SUX!!!!!

back to the point of this thread.
I'd love to see Jericho return @ the rumble, however, I think its more likely he'll return after mania and start fresh then 9prolly on smackdown)

Nervous Ferret
08-25-2005, 09:21 PM
smackDOWN! will be on at 9 like next week Aussie

Kane Knight
08-25-2005, 10:38 PM
True. Everybody knows that Jericho was in a very serious relationship with Stephanie McMahon before that datardly Triple H came along. A 4 minute match between the two next SummerSlam would be :drool: , not to mention completely original.

In fact, before Triple H politicked his way into a marriage, he was going to be the one who married SM before Test could.

Shadow
08-25-2005, 11:07 PM

I smell the Shadow Conspiracy....