PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Announcers

Loose Cannon
08-25-2005, 09:54 AM
I wish they would put back the Okerlund type of backstage announcer. Remember when he would be interviewing a heel and he would be like

"What the heck do you think you're doing out there. I've never seen such a distasteful act in my entire life. You should be ashamed of yourself." Then the heel would respond and he would be shaking his head and screaming out comments like "Are you crazy?" That was great stuff.

Now we have idiots like Todd Grisham or whatever just standing there going "Hi, I'm here with Gene Snitsky, who just assaulted Kane with a led pipe and attacked Lita as well. Why did you do that Gene?

No emotion what so ever.

Disturbed316
08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Also, who is that really old guy who has just been showing up doing backstage stuff recently? He's shit.

Disturbed316
08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
But yeah, they need better backstage announcers.

Impact!
08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
I completely agree

Todd: Hi Batista, How'd it feel to be thrown into an electric fence covered in fire ants and glue, all the while being sprayed with afire hose and being hit with a sledge hammer.

Batista: :rant:

Todd: Wow what an brutal assault it was.

I don't know about you, but the way mean gene did what he did it made wrestling feel more real, now it's like seeing someone being hit by a car and having someone go up to them and be all like

"Hi, just wanted to know your thoughts on what just happened to you""

My anus i bleeding

Well that was quite dispicable

AHHHHHHHH

Whats his problem:?: 0

yeah u get my point

Chavo Classic
08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
:y:

Good idea. I fed up off interviews being conducted backstage by a pair of tits or a certain japanese cruiserweight who 'hilariously' confuses what is said and ends up in a squash match with the heel in question. Oooooh, heat!

Mind you, I'm liking the re-emergence of the 'talk shows' hosted by the likes of Carlito and Christian recently. Those guys are gold on the mic and try their best to put both the heel/face (and themselves) over.

Cool King
08-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Also, who is that really old guy who has just been showing up doing backstage stuff recently? He's shit.

On RAW or SmackDown!?

Chavo Classic
08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm only watching Velocity recently, so I wouldn't know either

Disturbed316
08-25-2005, 10:21 AM
On RAW or SmackDown!?

Smackdown, I think. He was at Summerslam. He's old, new, and looks like he dyes his hair black. Real deep voice. Reminds me of one of the guy from Anchorman.

Disturbed316
08-25-2005, 10:23 AM
This guy:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29272/687688

Steve Romero

Chavo Classic
08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Thats the guy from Velocity. He took Bill DeMott and his 'turning point' away from us!

Burn in hell Romero!