PDA

View Full Version : Saw Disturbed last night.

Requiem
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
10 Years opened, followed by Ill Nino, and then Disturbed. I stayed basically front row till Ill Nino came on, and I went and sat by the open door for a while to get some air. Didn't really care about Ill Nino. 10 Years was pretty good though. After that I bought some water and pushed back into the crowd for Disturbed. Was an amazing show.

After a couple songs, they pulled this 8 year old kid on stage cause the security was pissed at him. The kid had crowd surfed his way to the front.. when they let him back down he just jumped right back in. It was great.

They got done, and the crowd kept yelling for more so they came back out and did Stricken and Stupify.

Now, I don't think I've ever been that sore... skipped my morning class because I slept through my alarm from exhaustion.

P.S. - Between Ill Nino and Disturbed, there was constant chicks making out and flashing tits for a good 15 minutes while Disturbed set up. :love:

Danny Electric
08-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Does he still do the electric chair thing at the beginning?

Requiem
08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
No idea what you're talking about, so I'm guessing not. Oh, and I also came out half-high. I think.

Danny Electric
08-25-2005, 02:25 PM
The first two times I saw them, he used to do a fake electric chair thing at the beginning of the set. Mind this was 4 years ago.

RoXer
08-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Did they play 10,000 Fists?

JJ Moore
08-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Did he gave himself 10'000 fists?

Crazy88s
08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I saw the same show is Corpus Christi, TX. Ill Nino rocks and so did 10 years. Disturbed was insane. Loved from the song right before prayer up until the end of the show. It was awesome.

Shaggy
08-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Pisses me off that they dont come here right now...I would pay tons of cash to go see them with Ill Nino....

DAMN IT...

Rob
08-26-2005, 11:17 AM
I saw Disturbed in Madrid 2 years ago. Broken rib at the end of their set but still friggin ruled.

Requiem
08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I would have passed out had I not been going off of pure adrenaline. It was one of the most intense feelings I've ever had. When they started, he said that everyone better fucking jump when the song started. When it started, 95% of the people in the place were going crazy.

el fregadero
08-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Why were the other 5% even there?

Danny Electric
08-26-2005, 05:28 PM
They out on a good show, when I saw them at the Ozzfest in 2001 teh place was going mental.
Soem girl tried to beat me up.

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 02:36 PM
They out on a good show, when I saw them at the Ozzfest in 2001 teh place was going mental.
Soem girl tried to beat me up.

I love Mosh pits. Four foot tall kids trying to play hardcore.

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey, what do 10 years sound like?

Kris P Lettus
08-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Couple of things:

-why was an 8 year old at a metal show to begin with?? Parents must be f'n idiots..

-how were you "half high"?? Contact high is not a real thing..

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 05:51 PM
-why was an 8 year old at a metal show to begin with?? Parents must be f'n idiots..

You should see the number of 8-12 year olds who were there when I saw them. IT was disturbing, especially when the 12 year old girls started imitating the older chicks who took their tops off.

Requiem
08-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, it was an all ages show. Didn't stop them from cussing and didn't make them do anything differently. There were a lot of younger kids.

The retards starting moshes here were mostly older guys.. like 30-40 year olds.

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 07:37 PM
The retards starting moshes here were mostly older guys.. like 30-40 year olds.

Really? Damn. Least they're not idiot fanboys who think they're hardcore.

Savio
08-27-2005, 07:38 PM
You should see the number of 8-12 year olds who were there when I saw them. IT was disturbing, especially when the 12 year old girls started imitating the older chicks who took their tops off.You made slims day.

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 07:39 PM
The only difference between the all ages and adults only shows I've been to around here are that if you're 21, you get a wristband saying you can drink booze.

Not that I have bothered...Watered down beer with almost no alcohol content...

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 07:40 PM
You made slims day.

Gee, pa, the horse ain't movin' round no more...Think it's right to keep whuppin' it like that?

Requiem
08-27-2005, 07:53 PM
The only difference between the all ages and adults only shows I've been to around here are that if you're 21, you get a wristband saying you can drink booze.

Not that I have bothered...Watered down beer with almost no alcohol content...

Yeah, that was the only real difference here. It was funny too, because they also said no smoking except on the sides where the doors were open. Everyone in line just laughed.... the place was filled with a haze so thick you couldn't see the ceiling, and it wasn't cause of the smoke machine on stage.

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah, that was the only real difference here. It was funny too, because they also said no smoking except on the sides where the doors were open. Everyone in line just laughed.... the place was filled with a haze so thick you couldn't see the ceiling, and it wasn't cause of the smoke machine on stage.

Yeah, I've been to some venues in MA, where they're prohibited from smoking ("Smoke Free By force!" A lot of people are whining), and there are HUGE clouds of smoke.

el fregadero
08-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Couple of things:

-how were you "half high"?? Contact high is not a real thing..
Contact high does exist. But all you do is make your mind believe that you caught a high from someone else's weed. You're not actually getting high, but you think you are

Danny Electric
08-27-2005, 09:59 PM
I love Mosh pits. Four foot tall kids trying to play hardcore.

Those kids scare the crap out of me.

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Those kids scare the crap out of me.

I had one guy who kept getting on me. Now, I'm used to getting bruised near the stage, but this kid was just annoying me, coz he was a scrawny motherfucker. So he kept going for my face...I figured fair's fair. I elbow him in the head, he buckles and then darts.

I seriously wonder what possesses people to try and prove how hardcore they are against someone twice their size.

I also don't get the fun in attacking someone after he collapses. Fucking stupid. Saw a couple of "Fights" where I swore I Was in a wrestling ring...

Danny Electric
08-27-2005, 10:08 PM
At shows over here, if someone falls over then everyone helps him/her up. But the kids are idiots, especially at the 'hardcore' shows. No your not straight edge and no its not cool to punch and kick.

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 10:33 PM
At shows over here, if someone falls over then everyone helps him/her up. But the kids are idiots, especially at the 'hardcore' shows. No your not straight edge and no its not cool to punch and kick.

NEver gotten it. I've been accustomed to the whole "Help them back up" bit, but these little fucking vultures hop on someone when they're down. Last time, me and three of my buddies ended up more bruised trying to pull people off guys who had collapsed/been knowcked down than we were from actually being in a pit.

Yeah, getting hauled off by security halfway through the opening act because you're a coward and a retard. DAT IS COOL.

Requiem
08-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Contact high does exist. But all you do is make your mind believe that you caught a high from someone else's weed. You're not actually getting high, but you think you are

I say half-high because that's really what it felt like. We were all so light-headed, running off of pure adrenaline, and my body just felt tingly as if I were slightly drunk.

Kris P Lettus
08-28-2005, 02:04 PM

gay

Kane Knight
08-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Contact highs exist, but it's reserved as a copout for yuppies.

Kane Knight
08-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey, what do 10 years sound like?

Joey Slugs
08-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Dave Draiman is a huge pussy. BIG TIME ska fan back in the day. Poser little bitch. He used to be good friends growing up with my cousin and their crew (until he got famous that is.. then he turned his back on everyone because he was now tight with Rob Zombie) :roll:

I hooked that mutherfucker up with his coke dealer years back, and all i ever got was some shitty demo CD. Thank god I think their music sucks.

Requiem
08-28-2005, 03:03 PM
10 years... hmm, not sure how to explain. They were some-what of a hard sound. You might be able to find their single "Wasteland" somewhere online. Might be hard to find anything from them though, since they are really new and not 'out there' yet.

Kane Knight
08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Dave Draiman is a huge pussy. BIG TIME ska fan back in the day. Poser little bitch. He used to be good friends growing up with my cousin and their crew (until he got famous that is.. then he turned his back on everyone because he was now tight with Rob Zombie) :roll:

I hooked that mutherfucker up with his coke dealer years back, and all i ever got was some shitty demo CD. Thank god I think their music sucks.

So...Emo?

Joey Slugs
08-28-2005, 05:57 PM
So...Emo?

Oh, let's not start THAT again. :lol:

Requiem
08-29-2005, 10:49 PM

Yeah, hi there. Don't care. GTFO my thread.

Jason Cage
08-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Just heard/saw the new video for "Stricken". Dope song with a wicked guitar solo.

Joey Slugs
08-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Yeah, hi there. Don't care. GTFO my thread.

fuck you and your shitty ass taste in music.

Mayo
08-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Fuck, just checked and their Toronto show is sold out. Shoulda got tickets earlier but was debating whether I should go or not. Went to their show a few years ago and it was amazing :y:

Requiem
09-01-2005, 02:37 AM
fuck you and your shitty ass taste in music.

13 out of 10 schizos agree that you should kill yourself. :y:

RGWhat316
09-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Damn, sounds like a hell of a show. 10 Years' song Wasteland is good, Ill Nino is good, Disturbed are fn awesome. I haven't had my chance to see Disturbed live yet, and they aren't coming around Detroit anytime soon. I'm still pumped waiting for the new CD.