PDA

View Full Version : Batboy suspended for drinking milk

RoXer
08-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Marlins batboy reportedly suspended over dare
/ FOXSports.com
Posted: 25 minutes ago

A Florida Marlins batboy earned himself a six-game suspension from the team for accepting a dare to drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour without throwing up, according to a report in The Miami Herald.

The Herald says Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny (who was traded by the Marlins to L.A. last season) offered the unidentified boy $500 last Sunday if he could accomplish the task.

Penny reportedly said that the batboy drank the gallon of milk in the allotted time, but was not able to keep it down.

''It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk,'' Penny said.

As a result, the batboy will not be allowed to work the team's upcoming homestand Aug. 29-Sept. 4 vs. the Cardinals and Mets.

The Marlins refused to comment on the suspension.

''It's ridiculous that they worry about stuff like that,'' Penny said. "It shows they (the Marlins organization) don't know anything about the game. That kind of stuff goes on everywhere. It didn't affect the way he worked, the way he did his job.''

RP
08-25-2005, 06:45 PM
I woulda killed that milk in 30

Loose Cannon
08-25-2005, 06:45 PM
LOL, what the hell is going on in baseball these days? Ponson drunk driving, Jeff Kent fighting Blacks, people getting suspended for drinking milk. LOL

RP
08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Jeff Kent always fights blacks. He's a southpark episode waiting to happen.

Lotus
08-25-2005, 09:55 PM
For a moment there, I thought you were talking about the Bat Boy that they talk about every so often in the Weekly World News. Supposedly, he's half-bat, half-boy. Interesting, huh?

Loose Cannon
08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
nah, that's just Eric Byrnes

Gonzo
08-25-2005, 10:16 PM
The kid is at most probably like 12, probably didn't know that if you drink a shitload of milk your body just can't physically handle it. If I was with the Marlins orginazation I would lobby to the MLB about Penny being a douchebag.

The Miz
08-25-2005, 10:17 PM
lol, Spaz got a base hit robbed from him the other day and started throwing his temper tanrtum halfway down the line, kicking and screaming at the air. I love Byrnes.

Gertner
08-26-2005, 12:32 PM
lol that's amazing

samichna
08-26-2005, 01:04 PM
lol yeah, awesome story.

YOUR Hero
08-26-2005, 09:38 PM
What a bunch of douche bags. They = Marlins organization. I say they have to forfeit their two World Series Victories

The Outlaw
08-28-2005, 01:21 AM
LOL ahahaha poor guy

BCWWF
08-28-2005, 03:28 AM
The kid is at most probably like 12, probably didn't know that if you drink a shitload of milk your body just can't physically handle it. If I was with the Marlins orginazation I would lobby to the MLB about Penny being a douchebag.

Are you serious?

And to put the issue to rest, the Fort Meyers Miracle has offered him a job while he serves his suspension. The Twins care about people damnit.

Gonzo
08-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Any idiot knows what happens when you drink a lot of dairy product in a short amount of time. What kind of asshole offers a fucking kid $500 to do something like that? You're a fucking professional baseball player, fucking act like it.

BCWWF
08-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I'd take five hundred dollars over some hershey squirts

Gertner
08-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Any idiot knows what happens when you drink a lot of dairy product in a short amount of time. What kind of asshole offers a fucking kid $500 to do something like that? You're a fucking professional baseball player, fucking act like it.

lol i didn't know that. I heard that actually a couple of weeks ago and thought it was bullshit