PDA

View Full Version : HOW would you have scripted it better?

The MAC
08-26-2005, 02:07 PM
The game is simple : pick an angle that had potentional - preferably somethign wCw fucked up and write it better:

BRET "HITMAN" HART's DEBUT in wCw
-------------------------------------

instead of that referee bullshit they should have done this:

Bret should have come in through the crowd and cuts this promo

"regardless what THEY would have you think, I never gave up in Montreal. If Shawn had any balls - I'll take him anywhere anytime. I beat the crap out of him backstage and I beat him in the ring.

I'm still the champion - I've beaten everyone in that company I left that company undefeated. I'm here to prove once again why it is I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

So lets cut to the chase, Im going after the one thing no one else has done - I'm gonna be the FIRST, REAL undesputed champion of professional wrestling.

Bill Goldberg (or whomever was champion at that time) I dare you to step into the ring with the excellence of execution and put your title on the line. Lets find out who's the best- in all of wrestling.

I've beaten everyone in "NEW YORK", and here in the wCw - I'm gonna start with you.

**He then crosses over the barrier and sits in the front row with the mic still in hand : Goldberg, I'm right here, anytime you're ready...

THE PINK AND BLACK ATTACK IS BACK ::The HITMAN IS HERE! so whats it gonna be..you got the guts ? (throws mic into the ring )

Goldberg comes out - gets in harts face..then gets in the ring..he invites bret to have the match right here. Hart gets up and they get face to face in the ring. (wCw should have planted people in the audience with flashes to show the fans taking photo's of somethign they never thought they'd see- hart and Goldberg face to face)

Goldberg : Hitman, you want this (holds up title)..lets see you take it..
Bret to timekeeper : Ring the bell.

Bischoff hauls ass to the ring with security.
Bischoff: Hold it, HItman I know you're ready to go..but a match of this proportion aint gonna happen here tonight - it will happen at our next PPV
..and bret, aint nobody gonna call for the bell..its gonna be an I quit match!

what do you think?

The MAC
08-26-2005, 03:32 PM
cmon..guys- lets see some ogirinality

Yashamaga
08-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Well that's great except that Hogan was the champion and he was in the middle of a 2 year feud with Sting.

Kane Knight
08-26-2005, 04:22 PM
I don't have a fully formed plot, but I would have liked to have seen Matt Hardy try and bypass the boss by asking Eric for his job back after that first attack. Sort of an "I'll do anything!" "ANYTHING?" thing. Mostly, I just wanted anything but random run ins for a month. Have Eric hire him for some menial job, just to get his revenge. Or even replace Nitro as his flunky. Or even have him update WWE.com (Not really, but they could play off the internet thing).

Jaton
08-26-2005, 04:30 PM
And turn WWE.com into his personal Blog? Pft. :|

Kane Knight
08-26-2005, 05:25 PM
And turn WWE.com into his personal Blog? Pft. :|

Yeah, because giving him the onscreen role of being a webmonkey would give him offscreen access to bitch.

The MAC
08-27-2005, 08:32 AM
the matt hardy angle was a stroke of genius (term used loosely) I guess the creative team didnt go home early that day. It buried Kane out of the way - I just feel sorry for the MARKS- "she is married to kane - what the fuck is Matt hardy jumping for?"

Jaton
08-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, if they hadn't explained it fully to the marks, then I'd assume they think he's just after whoever she's with now since he lost her to kane. I'd like to see the first ever "triple-threat-lita-on-a-pole" match. Then again, the pole might go inside of her...

:shifty:

Kane Knight
08-27-2005, 11:09 AM
the matt hardy angle was a stroke of genius (term used loosely) I guess the creative team didnt go home early that day. It buried Kane out of the way - I just feel sorry for the MARKS- "she is married to kane - what the fuck is Matt hardy jumping for?"

IT was brilliant. Run-in after run-in. So brilliant. So brilliant it killed a lot of the pops he was getting, because everyone was all "Been there, done that."

The MAC
08-27-2005, 11:27 AM
true - I think It should have been just once of twice and then challenge edge to a street fight "..outside..right here..right now.. if you got the balls. "

I knew it was a work from the start - its a pity it had to be explained away..

Batsu
08-27-2005, 11:38 AM
InVasion, '01:

WCW vs. ECW vs. WWE. Shane owns WCW, but Stephanie is nowhere near ECW. Only ex-ECWers join ECW. WCW is lead by Booker T, and anchored by the likes of Stasiak and co. No alliance between ECW and WCW. WCW and ECW forces get the upper hand of a dysfunctional WWE (lead by Austin) for months (WCW takes over Raw, ECW takes over SmackDown) until WWE gets its act together courtesy of The Rock, who takes the WWE title off Austin in a ploy for leadership.

The MAC
08-27-2005, 11:40 AM
yea batsu, but since in real life WWE owns wCw and ecw names they would never let either of those brands win over the wwe name. So the final outcome has to be WWE wins.

Joey Slugs
08-27-2005, 03:32 PM
yea batsu, but since in real life WWE owns wCw and ecw names they would never let either of those brands win over the wwe name. So the final outcome has to be WWE wins.

Batsu had a great idea, just too bad it didn't go down that way. But in reguards to what you commented on... WWE didn't have to win out during the angle right away, it could of been a "long road" back for Vince & Co. but it would of made for better tv. Think about it:

After the fallout.......

The company that the father built and the son perfected, completly lost to the McMahon family. Even Vince's own son Shane turned his back on the old man, only to be spun around by a returning Eric Bischoff to run WCW and finish what he started.... the Death of the WWF. With both Raw and Smackdown being run by former enemies (Bischoff controlling Raw and Paul Heyman running Smackdown) Vince is starting to get desperate. He created this monster that is the World Wrestling Federation, and he will stop at nothing to get it back.

After a few weeks, Raw and Smackdown even now have their own champions... making the once proud belts of the federation an after-thought. They've even laid stake into the PPV arena with each show getting the chance to host an "every other month" event. With the fans now choosing new allegences and new wrestlers to root for, what can Vince do? Where can he turn? What does he have left?

Vince turns to the only men that he can trust. The few men that helped make him the man he is today. The men that made the company one of the biggest money makers on the planet.

Shawn Michaels. Steve Austin. Mick Foley. The Rock. Triple H. Hulk Hogan. The Undertaker.

All icons and legends in their own right, now working as one "army" to help Vince regain what is rightfully his. With the help of other WWF "outcasts", the battle of the century has now begun. This will mark the beginnings of a new era in sports entertainment. But which era will it be? The rebirth of the WWF, or will it mark the true end of an industry icon?

Vince has his troops in place, ready to strike hard and fast, but there are questions within the "army" ranks. Too many top names, too many top egos, but one truth is clear.... his biggest draws have ties in their past with the enemy. Will Foley & Austin rejoin their fellow ECW alum? Will Hogan find another new world order with his former boss? Will the Undertaker shed the darkness for the light of WCW?

Questions, questions, questions.

Only time will tell....

Now the REAL Invasion will begin.

Hitman84
08-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Click the link below for a post made by me in a previous thread about how I would have scripted the InVasion angle.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=794879

Let me know what you think.

Joey Slugs
08-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Click the link below for a post made by me in a previous thread about how I would have scripted the InVasion angle.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=794879

Let me know what you think.

:y: