PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Perfect

Aussie Skier
08-28-2005, 11:01 AM
hey all

ok, so i recently wached the 2002 Rumble and Mr. Perfect was in it. He looked great and worked really well and all.

But I'm curious, how much b4 that rumble had he come back?
Was it known he was coming back?
How long did he hang around 4?
Why did he leave?

Cheers

Loose Cannon
08-28-2005, 11:12 AM
The Rumble was his first appearence back. He was one of those surprise entrants they advertised. They signed him to a deal right after that.

I don't remember if it was known. I would say no though.

Maybe two-three months. Not too sure. Not that long though

He got into a fight with Brock on a plane and was being disruptive, so they canned him.

TerranRich
08-29-2005, 02:50 AM
That was one of the best Rumbles because of the two surprise entrants. Perfect was one, who was the other? I just remember Perfect was against the ropes, wrestlers trying to eliminate him, and he had the time to spit out his gum, whack it with his hand, then fight back. :D Greatest memory of that year.

Watson
08-29-2005, 02:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken it was Goldust.

KayfabeMan
08-29-2005, 03:36 AM
Yep, it was Goldust.

Both came back at the Rumble, and both wound up getting signed. Perfect stayed with WWE for about / little over 3 months. I REALLY enjoyed his Rumble appearance, and commented while watching it that they should re-sign him. Sure enough....

Also, I definitely liked his tag combo with The Big Bossman. Classic stuff. They came up with some great spots, and really just blended well as a team. Two different styles coming together to form an awesome tag team. Shame both of them are gone. Curt from his own stupidity, and Bossman from a freak heart attack. :(

wwe2222
08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
wasnt there 4 returnees that year...
perfect, goldust, val venis was one, and I forget who the other was

LK
08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Godfather

Hitman84
08-30-2005, 08:09 AM
And Triple H, was it not?

Or was that just his in-ring/PPV return?

Rob
08-30-2005, 01:28 PM
That was one of the best Rumbles because of the two surprise entrants. Perfect was one, who was the other? I just remember Perfect was against the ropes, wrestlers trying to eliminate him, and he had the time to spit out his gum, whack it with his hand, then fight back. :D Greatest memory of that year.

Weren't surprises. They advertised everyone before hand.

KayfabeMan
08-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah, it was those four.

Rob got it though, they aired little promo videos hyping their Rumble appearances. I'm thinking that they might do something like that with 2006's Rumble, as they are gonna be in Miami - and thats where Slaughter grabbed the WWF Title @ Rumble years back. I believe in 1991. The only difference is, this will be at The AAA, and that was at The Miami Arena [which is right down the street from it]. So I am thinking Slaughter might be in the Rumble.

KayfabeMan
08-30-2005, 04:15 PM
And yeah, that was HHH's return to WWE action.

Gouda
08-31-2005, 12:21 AM
I marked out for Mr Perfect in the Rumble. Especially him getting as far as he did.

I wanted to see a Perfect/Angle feud.

Hitman84
08-31-2005, 08:29 AM
I laughed when JR called Mr Perfect Curt Hennig in commentary. He said something like 'and Kurt slams Curt' or something like that then corrected himself and said Mr Perfect from then on.

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 10:16 AM
I laughed my ass off when Jericho/Benoit/Austin faced off in a three-way main event a few years back. JR kept calling Jericho Benoit and Benoit Jericho, and King was getting increasingly frustrated having to correct him every 30 seconds.

Here's a hint - Jericho is the one with long, blonde hair and Benoit is the one on steroids. :D

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Every time I hear the name Curt Hennig, I think of Flair in his WCW days, yelling into the microphone "CURT....HENNIG!!!!"