PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod to....

VonErich Lives
01-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Don't look now, Multiple outlets report Texas and Sox are meeting again to hammer this out.

Both teams and Morad deny this.

It's funny, local radio was saying "I know the Sox like the media attention, but the Pats are going to the superbowl, think they could give up the spot light for 2 weeks?"

It wouldn't suprise me, I still can see this deal getting done, and the thought being during the superbowl they could do it unnoticed.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Yea everybody constantly talks about Baseball around here

I'd rahter talk about the Pats.......you know.......team that actaully WINS Championships haha

Funny quote I saw.....

"In a city used to failures..Brady offers hope"

The Icon of Elisim
01-21-2004, 01:16 PM
I hope it gets done. The media hyped it so much that if it doesn't go through it'll be a damper on the season.

VonErich Lives
01-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Yea everybody constantly talks about Baseball around here

I'd rahter talk about the Pats.......you know.......team that actaully WINS Championships haha

Funny quote I saw.....

"In a city used to failures..Brady offers hope"

A city used to Failures?

Hmm... aren't the Celtics the Yankees of Basketball?

Bruins have a few cups.

Or are we only counting the last 10yrs?

Yashamaga
01-21-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm so sick of this stupid thing.

GET IT DONE ASAP OR SIGN NOMAR

the end.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-21-2004, 07:22 PM
A city used to Failures?

Bruins have a few cups.

Or are we only counting the last 10yrs?Last 10-15 years

Celtics where the shit back when I was like 0.....now the NBA is dominated by the West.

Loose Cannon
01-21-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm so sick of this stupid thing.

GET IT DONE ASAP OR SIGN NOMAR

the end.

Yeah really.

weather vane
01-21-2004, 08:11 PM
<font color=white>I want Nomar. Why mess with a good thing? Nomar is a great SS. Why not improve what they are lacking? ... And more starters is not the answer.

Nomar should be with Boston for the rest of his career. He is a franchise player and if I was him I would tell Theo to eat my sh</>it. I don't have any idea why they would want to trade him.

As much as I love the Red Sox I would love to see them get A Rod and he gets injured or just sucks. Then Nomar wins MVP. IMO he is almost as good as A Rod.

I am ranting now.

KEEP NOMAR! SIGN HIM TO A 10 YEAR DEAL!</font>

samichna
01-21-2004, 08:24 PM
A city used to Failures?

Bruins have a few cups.

Or are we only counting the last 10yrs?

LOL when was the last time the Bruins won a cup?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-21-2004, 09:32 PM
<font color=white>I want Nomar. Why mess with a good thing? Nomar is a great SS. Why not improve what they are lacking? ... And more starters is not the answer.

Nomar should be with Boston for the rest of his career. He is a franchise player and if I was him I would tell Theo to eat my sh</>it. I don't have any idea why they would want to trade him.

As much as I love the Red Sox I would love to see them get A Rod and he gets injured or just sucks. Then Nomar wins MVP. IMO he is almost as good as A Rod.

I am ranting now.

KEEP NOMAR! SIGN HIM TO A 10 YEAR DEAL!</font>I like Nomar too but he isn't exactly "cluth."

But I woulda been ok with Nomar and Manny staying (I'm actually a Manny fan) but now since there has been such a big deal about this trade and stuff I think it needs to go through.

BCWWF
01-21-2004, 11:14 PM

I am ranting now.

KEEP NOMAR! SIGN HIM TO A 10 YEAR DEAL!</font>

I agree. I love Nomar in Boston and can't imagine him anywhere else. A-Rod is a great player, but I don't think he would help Boston any more than Nomar does.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Like I said, I like Nomar...but its not like they are trying to trade him for Jeter (somebody who is pretty exactly the same talent wise)...A-Rod IS the best Shortstop in baseball and getting him would be an improvement.

They would have to trade Nomar for somebody good though, if they just dumb him for some minor league pitching bums or something then I wouldn't be happy with this trade. A-Rod is an upgrade at Shortstop but losing 2 all stars for one isnt a good deal.

DaveWadding
01-21-2004, 11:42 PM
They might trade Nomar for Magglio Ordonez...not exactly minor league pitching bums.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-21-2004, 11:45 PM
I heard about that.....but I also heard about some bum pitchers or some shit too

Ordonez and A Rod would be some good shit

BCWWF
01-22-2004, 12:07 AM
What would Boston's lineup look like without Nomar? Wouldn't there be like three or four power hitters in a row, Ortiz, Manny, A-Rod.

VonErich Lives
01-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Last 10-15 years

Celtics where the shit back when I was like 0.....now the NBA is dominated by the West.

I forget the average age out here is under 16.

BCWWF
01-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Shit, im stupid

VonErich Lives
01-22-2004, 12:10 AM
If they pull of the 2 deals it makes sense.

Yeha, Nomar is a good player, but he can't hold A-rod's jock. Heck the only one who can come close if Vlad.

A-rod is a 5-tool player, best in the league.

Manny for him good deal.

Then dealing Nomar (1yr on contract) for Ordonez to replace Manny, another good deal.

Splaya
01-22-2004, 12:12 AM
I agree. I love Nomar in Boston and can't imagine him anywhere else. A-Rod is a great player, but I don't think he would help Boston any more than Nomar does.

A-rod would help more than Nomar. And why you say? Nomar had like 40+ errors last year and A-Rod had like 8 or so. No matter what sport it is, Defense wins championships.

BCWWF
01-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I ****ed up I forgot that it would be Manny for A-Rod. Still though, I would think it makes more sense to move Nomar to 2nd or 3rd. Then again, I dont care cause the Twins are gonna suck.

VonErich Lives
01-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I ****ed up I forgot that it would be Manny for A-Rod. Still though, I would think it makes more sense to move Nomar to 2nd or 3rd. Then again, I dont care cause the Twins are gonna suck.

Nomar would never do it.

Top SS is worth more money then the best 3B or 2B.

They bluntly asked him if he'd play 3B or 2B a few months ago, and he ducked it "Well, I really can't say cause no one at the Red Sox has told me what's going on"

"Ok let's say the Sox call you, and there getting A-rod for Manny and want you to stay, and play 2B"

"See, that's the thing, the Red Sox haven't called me, so I only know what I hear on the radio"

I've lost a little love for Nomar, during the whole A-rod talks he acted like an ass, he did a PR move and it ended up looking like a pure PR move and made him look like an ass.

"Mr. Mia Hamm" :)

Corkscrewed
01-22-2004, 03:42 AM
"In a city used to failures..Brady offers hope

Weird that a Philadelphia newspaper would print that headline...

VonErich Lives
01-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Weird that a Philadelphia newspaper would print that headline...

LMFAO!