PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought after last night's Raw...

PullMyFinger
08-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, after last night's Raw and the Edge/Hardy match up...

For some reason, it looks like WWE is finally getting some pressure on them to put out a better product. I mean, no company esp WWE wants to see their channel advertise an alternative product during their show. It seems like WWE is trying to completely squash any chance of TNA having success....and as of right now from what it looks like....they're already doing so by putting out a somewhat decent product as of last night. Clearly IMO the Hardy Edge match up was as crazy as it was because they wanted to sorta throw a message like "We're so great just look at this match, TNA sucks don't even waste your time."

Whatever, just my two cents.

What do you all have to say about it? Agree? Disagree?

Note: This isn't a thread about how shitty or great TNA is...just about pressure on WWE due to the commercials.

McLegend
08-30-2005, 08:15 PM
I think that match had nothing to do with sending a message about another wrestling promotion especially since Vince had no idea TNA ads were going to play during RAW.

I think the match was just about Two people beating the hell out of each other.

Kane Knight
08-30-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't care about their motives. Anything that puts a quality match on my screen is good news

JH
08-30-2005, 08:53 PM
that match or show for that matter had nothing to do with the ad
basically raw was saved from sucking by matt and edge

now that we know spike is backing tna strong i'm sure you'll see vince step it up

Kane Knight
08-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Backing them strong? Makes sense. They're on in primetime, after all. :lol:

PullMyFinger
08-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Backing them strong? Makes sense. They're on in primetime, after all. :lol:
Yup, and not to mention that badass Monday Night Slot!

Corkscrewed
08-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Well, after last night's Raw and the Edge/Hardy match up...

For some reason, it looks like WWE is finally getting some pressure on them to put out a better product. I mean, no company esp WWE wants to see their channel advertise an alternative product during their show. It seems like WWE is trying to completely squash any chance of TNA having success....and as of right now from what it looks like....they're already doing so by putting out a somewhat decent product as of last night.

You'd be on the right track... but then they had Chris Masters main event.

Kane Knight
08-30-2005, 10:46 PM
You'd be on the right track... but then they had Chris Masters main event.

That's screwing the pooch with a barbed wire condom.

Corkscrewed
08-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Ouch.

Djscorpion
08-31-2005, 12:05 AM
LOOK FOR THE 100TH TIME WWE HAS TO FUCKIN BRING BACK SOME ACTUAL GOOD WRESTLERS SUCH THE ROCK,STONE COLD, GOLDBERG, STING, BROCK LESNER, AND TEST...FUCK HOGAN HE TOTALLY SUCKS ...BRING SHANE MAC AND STEPHANIE BACK INTO THE MIX SOMEHOW

loopydate
08-31-2005, 12:17 AM
My head hurts.

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Hush now.

ThruTheWire
08-31-2005, 12:49 AM
LOOK FOR THE 100TH TIME WWE HAS TO FUCKIN BRING BACK SOME ACTUAL GOOD WRESTLERS SUCH THE ROCK,STONE COLD, GOLDBERG, STING, BROCK LESNER, AND TEST...FUCK HOGAN HE TOTALLY SUCKS ...BRING SHANE MAC AND STEPHANIE BACK INTO THE MIX SOMEHOW

...... ........ ....... .......... ........ Test ?

You want them to bring back Test?

PullMyFinger
08-31-2005, 01:27 AM
Check his IP address....I think thats Andrew Walters himself.

loopydate
08-31-2005, 01:40 AM
Who's Andrew Walters? A guy who was such a fan of Andrew Martin that he changed his first name so it was the same?

;)

BTW, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Test back in WWE. It would certainly make things easier on me.

Mr. Nerfect
08-31-2005, 02:31 PM
I really like the way they've been giving RAW a "saving grace" every week recently. Last week it was Kurt Angle vs. Shelton Benjamin (the first of many matches between the two, I hope), and this week we got the Edge vs. Matt Hardy Street Fight (most exciting match on RAW in a long time). Next week the WWE has signed Kurt Angle vs. Eugene.

Why would the WWE do this? Kurt Angle has already beaten Eugene. He has already gone over him as strong as he could, and he has already been CHEERED for it. What has changed, despite Eugene no longer having Christy Hemme at his side, to make Angle more of a bad guy against Eugene? I personally am praying they have Eugene reveal that this is all just a bad gimmick placed on him by Eric Bischoff, and that he'll be wrestling Angle as "Mr. Wrestling" Nick Dinsmore, with Dinsmore getting the win with a finishing move (I was about to say the Bridging German Suplex, his OVW finisher, but he does do a pretty awesome version of the Rock Bottom), with a little help from John Cena.

Kurt Angle vs. Nick Dinsmore, given 20 minutes on RAW, would easily be worth paying for. Giving it to us for free is a great way to boost our spirits about RAW and the future of the WWE.

Johnny Vegas
08-31-2005, 02:37 PM
I think that match had nothing to do with sending a message about another wrestling promotion especially since Vince had no idea TNA ads were going to play during RAW.

I think the match was just about Two people beating the hell out of each other.

:rofl:

That sounded like something JR would say

McLegend
08-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Well I am JR mark

LK
08-31-2005, 02:42 PM
...... ........ ....... .......... ........ Test ?

You want them to bring back Test?
:rofl: Kind of the odd one out in that list. World champions, legends and Test.