PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of RAW notes (Masterlock arm-test one-count & flying forearm)

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 01:44 AM
I think I may have an explanation as to why the ref stops at one when he tests the arm during a Masterlock. I heard the following during Shawn's arm-test while he was in a backbreaker submission move Monday night:

JR: "The ref can stop it at anytime, quite frankly."

So the whole 3-count thing is just for the hell of it, I suppose, and the ref calling a KO at one during a Masterlock is perfectly OK.

Also, anyone else notice JR calling a running forearm smash during the same match a "flying burrito"? Am I wrong in saying that was a tribute to Tito Santana and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's ribbing of him?

More later... I think.

KingofOldSchool
08-31-2005, 02:05 AM
The Flying Jalapeno.

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 04:07 AM
In the past they have stated a 3 count.

JR's not the best for continuity anyway. He also said that the only way to win a steel cage match was to climb over the top...The same night that it was won going out a door.

It boils down to one thing: The rules are what we feel like. They could decide tomorrow that the refs could DQ someone after a single second on the rope, despite the numerous announcers who have stated that wrestlers "have a five count to work with."

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 04:08 AM
Also, I'm betting that after the first time the Masterlock is broken, it'll go to being the regular 3 count.

Savio
08-31-2005, 05:02 AM
I remember like a week ago JR said he was the brains...shut up JR you dumb fuck

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 08:57 AM
The Brains of what? A Brick? Pond Scum? A Texan? Chris Masters?

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Heh, JR makes me pee my pants with laughter and joy.

Mr. Nerfect
08-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Good commentating would have made it seem like The Masterlock is so lethal, the referees want to get the guy out of it as soon as possible, or something like that. Have the referees take liability if Masters cripples someone with the hold. You could even have the refereess jsut see no realistic way out of the hold, so they award Masters the match earlier.

I would actually like to see a referee who is a tight-ass about the rules, and DQs if a wrestler tries to push the count, and if they ignore him telling them not to use right hands.

IMO, the WWE should be trying to play this Edge/Matt Hardy thing to the fullest. Jack Doan was the referee in the Street Fight, so have Eric Bischoff suspend him for not stopping the match, and allowing Hardy to almost kill both himself and Edge. Have a replacement referee brought in (one of the OVW or DSW refs) or have a "Special Guest Ref" take Jack Doan's place for a few weeks.