PDA

View Full Version : *Tired of 50 Cent*

The Naitch
01-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Alright, last year we had Ja Rule. This year he went to shits, and then we had 50 Cent. Every year a new star is born, and this year, I'm sick of 50 Cent. He's gone stale. Sure he might be taking a break, but I just saw the latest G-Unit video (the one with the mobsters in it)...meh to that. It's lame.

I like rock just as much as hip hop, but damn, this 50 Cent has got to reinvent himself. We all know he's got street cred, but he's proven his point already. Sure I like some of his songs, but it's because I hear it so much at the club, that it just reminds me of the good times. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Ja come up with something new and step up to outshine 50. But I doubt that's gonna happen. Fabolous sounds better than 50, IMO.

BigDaddyCool
01-21-2004, 01:58 PM
whatever.

Kane Knight
01-21-2004, 02:02 PM
He was boring last year too.

It's just that everyone thought he was the shit, so he seemed cooler.

SuperSlim
01-21-2004, 02:10 PM
meh he was aight. I liked his In da club, the sound of it was cool and that was bout it for me. after that it just sucked.

Kane Knight
01-21-2004, 02:17 PM
meh he was aight. I liked his In da club, the sound of it was cool and that was bout it for me. after that it just sucked.

He did have a couple of good tracks. He was just overhyped, which helped his burnout.

Let's face it: eminem could have produced a deaf kid with autism and it woulda gone multiplatinum.

The Naitch
01-21-2004, 02:27 PM
I still like hearing In Da Club no matter how often they play it. But 50's whole image being crammed down our throats is what I'm tired of, mainly. His voice don't sound that unique either.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-21-2004, 02:43 PM
I like some of his songs

He does get played out though.....but whatever I havent been hearing as much lately

el fregadero
01-21-2004, 04:57 PM
<font color=teal>I can't stand him.</font> :-\

Silent
01-21-2004, 05:11 PM
I liked a few songs. Until he releases a new album, I don't intend on listening to him anytime soon.

ilt_undertaker
01-21-2004, 05:22 PM
<font color=Silver>My niece is the reason im sick of 50 Cent (and G-Unit). She comes over and tells me that she listened to the new G-Unit CD 8 times in one day. She watches 50/G-Unit videos she video taped everytime she comes over, then she has to watch 106 and Park just to see 50/G-Unit. When i got to her house, she has a room full of 50 Cent pictures. It drives me f</>ucking crazy!

DaveWadding
01-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Last year Ja was good and he RECENTLY went to the shitter? Sorry...but Ja hasn't had a good full CD since 3:36 in 2000. Pain is Love was awful, Last Temptation was mediocre, and Blood in My Eye was a total waste of time, talent and CDs.

Maybe, JUST maybe, his new (and final) album that's supposed to drop in June will be decent.

Gero X
01-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Fiddys alright hes nothing special though, I prefer Lloyd Banks but then im not too sold on the sold out G-Unit that exists today they actually used to be dope before they got with Marshall they are too watered down now

DaveWadding
01-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Banks is the one from the South right? Yeah, he's da mang.

Mic Blaze
01-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Naw Dave, Buck the one from the South. But I dont like 50 Cent anymore because of the fans. They only have the 2 major labe cds of his and swear he's the best. They dont have any of the mixtapes or underground stuff of his. I got most of the underground stuff and the major label albums. He's an aright rapper. Lloyd Banks is obviously the best member of G Unit. Also 50 Cent doesnt realize he is his own enemy. He hates Ja but it seems as if he's taking up alot of Ja's qualities.

Kenny
01-21-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of rap music in general... and I look down on the way a lot of rap artists express theirself.

But the one thing I do respect Fitty Cent for is confidence. The guy is oozing with it.

loopydate
01-21-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm not a big fan of rap music, but I don't HATE it. However, rap music has spawned more artists that I absolutely loathe than any other genre: Ja Rule, Nelly, Fabolous, 50 Cent...

Funky Fly
01-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Raaaaaaaaaaap is craaaaaaaaap[/Hennig]

I can't stand to hear anymore 50 Cent. But I do like that new Jin joint. :yes:

DegenerationY
01-22-2004, 05:56 AM
I was sick of 50 Cent less than a month after In da Club came out. Honestly, how many times can the radio and MTV play one damn song??? The only 50 Cent I will EVER listen to is the stuff he did before he got shot. It actually was listenable.

Imagi-Nation
01-22-2004, 06:22 AM
He was boring last year too.

It's just that everyone thought he was the shit, so he seemed cooler.

The guys a big dumb ape who just mumbles over catchy beats.
He needs to take some lessons on how to talk and not mumble, cause for f*cks sake all he does is talk/rap, and he aint great at it anyway... either that or get some talent :p

Kane Knight
01-22-2004, 11:59 AM
I was sick of 50 Cent less than a month after In da Club came out. Honestly, how many times can the radio and MTV play one damn song??? The only 50 Cent I will EVER listen to is the stuff he did before he got shot. It actually was listenable.

They'll play it as often as they can.

MTV doesn't really play that much variety, so they make up for it with iteration. Most radio stations have playlists at least partially decided on a corporate level, especially now that so much of the national radio network is owned by Clear Channel. They have to play what's hot (Known to the rest of us as what's being pushed).

Bo
01-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah makes me wish sombody had gotten two more shots off at him.

MVP
01-22-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't follow rap. I wouldn't be able to name the tope 5 stars in hip hop if they hit me in the face.

The Naitch
01-22-2004, 11:04 PM
The guys a big dumb ape who just mumbles over catchy beats.
He needs to take some lessons on how to talk and not mumble, cause for f*cks sake all he does is talk/rap, and he aint great at it anyway... either that or get some talent :p

I think it's because he got shot in the jaw, and he can't open his mouth as wide as before.

It's all in the beat, to be honest, because there's this new song with G-Unit and some R&B guy and it sounds pretty good. But it's still the same ol' 50.

I still like 50 to some extent, but I think I'm just tired of the over-exposed 50. The exception is when I'm feelin' the buzz in the club, that's the only time I can enjoy his music. Or if I'm in a really good mood when I'm sober.

I think he just needs to re-invent himself or else his image will get stale.

ie- J'Lo was hot, now...she's not (career wise that is. Make no mistake about it, I'd boink J'Lo in a heart beat. I'm real!)