PDA

View Full Version : Random wrestling news

Impact!
08-31-2005, 07:40 AM
X Pac To Meet With WWE This Week

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Sean Waltman, formerly known as the 1-2-3 Kid, X Pac, etc. will be meeting with WWE some time this week. The reason for the meeting however, is unknown. TNA is looking to sign Waltman, but due to his friendship with Vince McMahon and Triple H, not to mention that they have more money, it’s likely that he would sign with WWE if that's what they are interested in.

Sean is a long time friend of Triple H, and has stated on numerous occasions that he feels Triple H and Vince saved his life when they paid for him to go into rehab during his battles with addiction.

-------------------------------------------------

Vince McMahon Furious With Spike TV Ads

Unless they're interested in dealing with Vince McMahon, those who believe pro wrestling is "fake" better not make such a statement during WWE programming.

According to the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, Vince McMahon was furious with the recent UFC ad campaign that read, "What's real? Pro wrestling? No. Boxing? Not anymore. The UFC is real!" The fact that such ads aired during Spike TV's presentation of WWE RAW only further agitated the WWE Chairman, who the Newsletter says went "nuts" over pro wrestling's inclusion in the spot. It seems that any chance of WWE and Spike TV parting ways on good terms is out the window, as the relationship has "turned very cold."

Pro wrestling and MMA sources find Vince McMahon's anger to be ironic, as WWE has often defended its own content by dismissing pro wrestling as "entertainment." In recent years, WWE has, in no way, made the suggestion that pro wrestling is a real sport, so Vince's objection to the ad has struck many as confusing.

While Spike TV has removed the "pro wrestling" reference from ads scheduled to run during WWE RAW, the original cut still airs in other timeslots

------------------------------

Major Incident In Hotel Room Involving Top TNA Wrestlers

-- Despite the new TNA booking team, mainly Scott D’Amore and Mike Tenay, getting high marks from the wrestlers, there is still frustration over Jeff Jarrett’s influence on the product. Many believe that Jeremy Borash and Dutch Mantel of the booking team are basically there just to look out for Jarrett.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there was recently a heated situation in a hotel room between Ron Killings, Konnan, and Jeff Jarrett. When Jarrett proposed that the group of BJ James (The Road Dogg), Konnan, and Killings break up, he suggested that Konnan would go into a new group and BJ James would go with Kip James (Billy Gunn), which would leave Killings with nothing. Killings was quite frustrated with this, and that is when things got heated. Words were exchanged, and Jarrett supposedly called Killings an “uppity Negro”, and things almost got ugly.

Killings offered to be a team with Jeff Hardy, an idea which had actually been suggested several times before by others, but Jarrett didn’t like the idea.

Konnan has went so far as to threaten to leave the company, if Jarrett sees that they are broken up, leaving Killings with nothing. Konnan had earlier suggested to bring indy wrestler Homicide into the group, to replace James

------------------------------------

More WWE Signings, Brooke Hogan, Kane, Batista, More

Source: PWInsider.com

Former TNA official "Dropkick" Mike Posey has signed a WWE deal and will be working with the Deep South territory.

As we noted before, Batista is scheduled to hold an autograph signing on September 9th at the Toys R Us in Times Square, New York. The signing will be free for a limited number of people who spend $20 on wrestling merchandise in the store.

WrestleMania 1 & 2 headliner Mr. T will be reprising his role as Clubber Lang in the new Rocky film, which will see an older Lang as a color commentator for boxing. A series of Mr. T comics have been released by a British company in recent months.

A reader sent word that the fictional Kane novel we wrote about earlier today is already out in the Richmond, Virginia area at Books A Million, so the novel may have been quietly rolled out already.

Hulk Hogan and Brooke Hogan's appearance on "Life and Styles" will be repeated this Wednesday

Impact!
08-31-2005, 07:43 AM
THE DUDLEYS SCREWED OUT OF THEIR NAME, HARDY SAYS HIS FEUD WITH EDGE IS A 'FIVE PART STORY'
by Dave Scherer & Mike Johnson @ 3:50:00 PM on 8/29/2005

Dave Scherer reporting. ... In case you missed it over the weekend, the team formerly known as The Dudley Boyz was notified by WWE that they couldn’t use the Dudley name outside of the company as WWE sent legal letters to anyone and everyone who was using the "Dudley" name in their advertising, telling them to stop. At the Wrestle Reunion 2 convention and show, they worked as Team 3D. When they left ECW for WWE six years ago, ECW owner Paul Heyman told them that he was giving them the rights to the name as a payback for all they had done for his company during their time working for him. He made it clear that he was doing so that in the event they ever left WWE, they could take their professional names with them. Well, apparently Heyman never filed the proper paperwork and WWE has retained the rights to the Dudley names. They have made it clear that they intend to keep the men who created the characters from using them again anywhere but a WWE ring. Personally, I think it's really a low move by Vince McMahon and WWE. If his company had created the Dudley characters and made them into recognizable names, it would be one thing. But, they didn't. The Dudleys were already an established team when they came to WWE, having made their name as the best tag team in the business long before they ever got to McMahon's company. Heyman made his intention clear to give the name to the team before they left ECW and if they had a large cash reserve, they could take WWE to court over this and maybe win. But, that won’t happen. What makes it more galling to me is that, while they would say that they are just "protecting an asset", it seems to me like WWE is just doing this because the Dudleys had the audacity to refuse taking a pay cut when WWE wanted to sign them for less. After all, why would Vince care where they use the name since he has said that he doesn't see TNA or the independents as "competition"? If that were true, he wouldn't be so concerned with seizing something that wasn't even supposed to be his. So, it just comes across as spiteful to me, especially when you consider what Heyman’s stated intention was back in 1999. Again, it's not as if Heyman wasn't on record as saying that he gave the Dudleys the name back when they left. But, Vince found a technicality here and seized it, just because he could. Was he within his rights? Yes. Was it morally wrong to do? In my opinion, oh yes. It’s just another example of what Mike Johnson talked about on his hotline recently, you don’t cross the boss in WWE. Sad, but true. It certainly sends a message to the WWE current talent, and the message is not a good one.

Mike Johnson reporting. ... Matt Hardy appeared this past weekend at the WrestleReunion 2 convention in King of Prussia, PA. WWE management attempted to have Hardy, one of the headliners of the convention, removed from at the last minute as they wanted to send him to the Raw house shows in Puerto Rico. In the end Hardy, who had signed to appear before his WWE return, still appeared as scheduled at the convention, which probably didn't make WWE management happy. I'll give Hardy a lot of credit for keeping his word and appearing, as he was one of the main names advertised.

Hardy did a Q & A to open the convention. When asked about the finish of the Summerslam PPV match against Edge, he said that it was only "Chapter One" of a five part story with Edge and that fans should wait and see what happens next. Hardy said that there are hard feelings between the two but they are looking to make money with the situation now. He said there are only four people who truly know the whole story regarding the Edge-Lita-Hardy deal.

When a fan questioned Hardy about his return, asking why he went back to WWE only to be buried, Hardy responded, "Ask me again in six months."

When asked about losing to Rob Conway on Raw, Hardy said that he was "still hurt" from Summerslam.

When asked about Triple H's power, Hardy agreed that he's powerful and that sometime he agrees with HHH but sometimes he doesn't and didn't delve any further.

Hardy main evented the convention's live show, teaming with Rhino in a loss to 3-D, the former Dudley Boyz in an excellent match. I'll have a full live report of the show up later, including post-match comments made by all four about their respective past and futures

Dave Youell
08-31-2005, 07:47 AM
*marks out for Mr T*

Impact!
08-31-2005, 07:49 AM
We need a Mr T smiley for times like these

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 09:01 AM
:lol: Vince pissed at the insinuation wrestling is fake?

Has he SEEN his programming lately? Oh wait, of course not.

Cool King
08-31-2005, 09:14 AM
We need a Mr T smiley for times like these

http://www.mess.be/_pictures/emoticons/compo/mr-t.gif

Impact!
08-31-2005, 09:26 AM
:lol: You rule CK

Gertner
08-31-2005, 09:28 AM
you mean the undertaker isn't a real undertaker? way to ruin my day!

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 10:03 AM
a new Rocky film?

*marks insanely out*

Commentator - "What do you predict for this fight, clubber?"
Lang - *longs long into camera* "PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!"

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 11:39 AM
X-Pac sucking machine will return! LMAO, I can't wait to boo Waltman off my TV, unless they do something worthwhile with him. Even then...nah...

I KNEW Vince would be pissed about the "wrestling isn't real" Spike TV ads. I can see why he is, though, because regardless of whether Vince advertises WWE as "real" or not, Spike TV is still putting down their own show, even if they are parting ways soon. All I'm seeing is people joking around about the irony here. Sure, it's ironic, but Spike is still badmouthing WWE's product, which I wouldn't like were I in Vince's oversized shoes.

I think it is time for Jarrett to die. No, seriously, he needs to just go away somewhere and calm the F down.

Heyman is just really bad at going through with financial and legal paperwork, isn't he? Christ. But still, Fuck Vince for low-blowing the Dudleys like this. Vince has no ownership in the name in the sense that the Dudleys were already established before their run in WWE, like Scherer stated.

Shadow
08-31-2005, 05:02 PM
*claps for Spike TV*

Way to go and shoot yourself in the foot.

I also agree that Jarrett needs to die. Why the hell do you do the things you do O Chosen One? You're a fucking nutcase who needs to get slapped in the nuts.

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 05:08 PM
I KNEW Vince would be pissed about the "wrestling isn't real" Spike TV ads. I can see why he is, though, because regardless of whether Vince advertises WWE as "real" or not, Spike TV is still putting down their own show, even if they are parting ways soon. All I'm seeing is people joking around about the irony here. Sure, it's ironic, but Spike is still badmouthing WWE's product, which I wouldn't like were I in Vince's oversized shoes.

No they're not. Pro wrestling is theatrics. Vince has a woman walking around with left over Star Trek props glued to her face. Badmouthing would require in some way slandering them for something they were denying. Or slamming them for being fake. This really is the other way around. They're promoting their shit is real, using an accepted fact.

Besides, by your logic, they're slamming TNA, who are NOT parting ways soon.

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 05:12 PM
*claps for Spike TV*

Way to go and shoot yourself in the foot.

I also agree that Jarrett needs to die. Why the hell do you do the things you do O Chosen One? You're a fucking nutcase who needs to get slapped in the nuts.

I'm hoping TNA's legitimately interested in succeeding enough to push somethign worth watching.

Mostly because I am SO not watching just to "support the competition." IF they can't draw interest, they deserive to die in their 13 week time frame.

McLegend
08-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Words were exchanged, and Jarrett supposedly called Killings an “uppity Negro”, and things almost got ugly.
LOL who says Uppity

Mr. Nerfect
08-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think Ron Killings would be better by himself. The guy's a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, and he's pretty good from what I hear.

Anyway, I am glad that Sean Waltman is returning. The guy has REALLY stepped it up and impressed the shit out of me recently. Put him in the cruiserweight division, give him some matches and let us see if he cankeep it up. X-Pac probably has enough pull backstage to be able to get the cruisers on TV, as well. Or you could just stick him with Kane in a revamp of their Big Red Machine and the Little Green Degenerate days. Waltman can add something to the CW and/or Tag Team Division if brought in.

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 06:28 PM
It may sound ignorant, but I dont want him back on my tv. They fired Haas, Akio, Kidman and Moore to make room for new talent like Kennedy, Burchill and Cade... why bring back a guy with a shattered neck and zero charisma?

Jaton
08-31-2005, 06:52 PM
And we all know how credible the Bronco Buster is.

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Justin Credible?

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
LOL who says Uppity

Racists, Triple H, and...Well, okay only one example.

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm hoping TNA's legitimately interested in succeeding enough to push somethign worth watching.

Mostly because I am SO not watching just to "support the competition." IF they can't draw interest, they deserive to die in their 13 week time frame.
Allow me to point out an example. Say your buddy is a priest at a church. He tells you, "Hey, Kane, I'm a priest now!"

So you look at him up and down, scrunch up your face, and go, "Ooohh, so youre a PRIEST now..." and walk away.

You stated a simple fact, but it was the fact that you intended for it to be an insult. It's all about context and how you say something. Spike TV put down wrestling for being fake by implying that it wasn't as worthy for watching as Ultimate Fighter is. Whatever your personal preference is, that's how I took it, and it's how Vince took it. :)

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 11:20 PM
It may sound ignorant, but I dont want him back on my tv. They fired Haas, Akio, Kidman and Moore to make room for new talent like Kennedy, Burchill and Cade... why bring back a guy with a shattered neck and zero charisma?
I know...

Hall of Fame!

Think about it! He's been the 1-2-3 Kid, Syxx, X-Pac, Sean Waltman in TNA. He's been EVERYWHERE! He's been wrestling for YEARS now! HOF baby!!

:shifty:

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 11:26 PM
Allow me to point out an example. Say your buddy is a priest at a church. He tells you, "Hey, Kane, I'm a priest now!"

So you look at him up and down, scrunch up your face, and go, "Ooohh, so youre a PRIEST now..." and walk away.

You stated a simple fact, but it was the fact that you intended for it to be an insult. It's all about context and how you say something. Spike TV put down wrestling for being fake by implying that it wasn't as worthy for watching as Ultimate Fighter is. Whatever your personal preference is, that's how I took it, and it's how Vince took it. :)

Sorry, not buying the insult there.

RP
08-31-2005, 11:40 PM
x-pac should join the Mexicools

Kane Knight
08-31-2005, 11:51 PM
He's got the greasy Jerry Curl look.

Shadow
08-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Well he is greasy enough to be a beaner.

TerranRich
09-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Sorry, not buying the insult there.
Good. I can therefore call you a flaming fag and you won't take it as an insult? :D

Jaton
09-01-2005, 02:08 AM
X-Pac couldn't afford a luxury Juan Deere.

RP
09-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I bet he gets teamed with Paul London.

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Good. I can therefore call you a flaming fag and you won't take it as an insult? :D

I own three Eminem CDs.

Besides, how could I justifiably be offended by being called flaming when I so clearly AM?

I call it hypocrisy, personally.

Jaton
09-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Kk. You goat blower. :D

KayfabeMan
09-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I believe that Killings fears that if he's alone he'll get less TV time, and they possibly will only use him to job to other people. If he's in a team, he has a greater chance of staying on TV, and won't always have to take the heat. I believe he should remain a singles wrestler - IF the circumstances were different, and Jarrett wasn't involved.

KayfabeMan
09-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Oh, and about the "Hardy / Edge 5 Part Story" - I can just see it now:

"And then Matt says 'Lita', and then Edge says 'Lita, then Lita says 'Matt', then Lita says 'Edge', then Edge goes to the ring, then Matt goes to the ring, then Lita goes to the ring, then they're all on RAW" :roll:

Did I mention that hate R. Kelly?

Jaton
09-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Well, we've seen that he CAN carry a major title. He's a groovy dude.

KayfabeMan
09-01-2005, 10:02 PM
If you mean Ron Killings, I enjoyed his title run. I also enjoyed his previous run in MCW, and his feuds there and in the NWA with Tom Carter / Reckless Youth. CLASSIC. I see he can perform good on his own, and many fans do, but this is Planet Jarrett we speak of. Anyone who is potentially good should either be fired or teamed w/ Simon Diamond.

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Killings is a solid performer.

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I know that was a worthless addition, but I don't have a lot of focus right now.

Jaton
09-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Teamed with Simon Diamond. lol

Jaton
09-01-2005, 10:09 PM
I don't have focus either--another alcohol night. I can still contribute, fucker.

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I should drink more.

Jaton
09-01-2005, 10:36 PM
You should. Join me.

.44 Magdalene
09-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Okay.

.44 Magdalene
09-02-2005, 12:17 AM
:shifty: