PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown spoilers.................urgh!

Dave Youell
08-31-2005, 07:48 AM
Just getting back home from the tapings in Jacksonville, Florida and here's what I remember,

Dark Match:

Sylvain Grengier or whatever his name is defeated some guy with his wheelbarrow faceplant type move (pretty boring match that I personally didn't find entertaining)

Velocity:

Doug Basham defeated Funaki with his leg lariat (good stuff and The Bashman seemed a little better on the mic this week)

Big Vito defeated some guy with his spinning implant ddt (a squash but a well done one)

Nathan Birchill defeated Scotty 2 Hotty with a Gorilla Press into a safe Air Raid Crash type move (Scotty got lots of hope spots and Nathan demolished him with Regal getting some cheating in)

Stevie RIchards defeated Hardcore Holly with a desperation Stevie Kick (good stiff well worked match)

Smackdown:

HEIDENREICH defeated Joey Mercury (best HEIDENREICH match to date and Mercury heeled it up well)

Stacy Keibler vs Christy Hemme went to a no contest because Palmer Cannon stated that the network doesn't need such degrading material on its airwaves.

Batista defeated Simon Dean with The Batista Bomb (solid 30 minute technical spectacle...)

MR. Kennedy......Kennedy defeated Booker T (I forget how he won but good match and his intro was hilarious stating that Booker was a 5 time WCW Champion but that means diddly considering Jeff Jarrett held the belt as well. TNA jabs eh? ooh)

Chris Benoit defeated Orlando Jordan even quicker this time by making him tap out (not much to say about this one)

Randy Orton defeated Rey Mysterio with The RKO (easily a MOTNC)

Post Show Dark Match was Batista vs Randy Orton which saw the Champion lose the gold nah just kidding, that'd be stupid.

Can't remember all the backstage stuff but stuff that is being announced is:

Batista vs JBL on FNS will be a bullrope match
Eddie vs Rey in a steel cage match
and a tournament for the Smackdown women's title

Dave Youell
08-31-2005, 07:52 AM
The Urgh was for the Women's title

Benoit/Orlando sounds funny!

Nathan Birchill? Hmm ok, glad they kept the Birchill bit

Batista defeated Simon Dean with The Batista Bomb (solid 30 minute technical spectacle..................I think there may have been a hint or sarcasm here

V
08-31-2005, 07:56 AM
i bet that tournament is going to end the same way as the tournament for the smackdown heavyweight title

with trish showing up and them making the winner the number one contendor

sigh... no more trish on raw :(, at least they are doing something with the woman's devision

Impact!
08-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Only a hint :p

Looks pretty good, *marks out for Stevie*

CharismaInjection
08-31-2005, 08:54 AM
No Christian? No Eddie? No Taker? No Mexicools? That's not cool.

Dave Youell
08-31-2005, 09:23 AM
No Christian? No Eddie? No Taker? No Mexicools? That's not cool.
Oh yeah! What's up with that!

LK
08-31-2005, 09:29 AM
Don't worry here are more detailed spoilers:

Smackdown, from Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

Heidenreich of LOD vs. Joey Mercury of MNM. Good match, crowd goes wild when LOD comes out, lots of LOD chants during the match. Heidenreich wins.

Dumb backstage scene with Teddy Long and one of the UPN Network guys. They bs for a bit and Network guy books Diva match for later in the show with Christy Hemme vs. Stacy Keibler. Stupid segment.

Cowboy Bob Orton comes out to introduce none other than Randy Orton. Randy comes out to decent applause to promote the Undertaker Retirement Fund. Randy says he’ll fight Rey Mysterio later in the show. Both Ortons leave.

Interesting segment with Benoit being interviewed backstage. Interviewer says how impressive Benoit’s 25.5 second win over Orlando Jordan was at SummerSlam. Benoit says he can do more than just wrestle in 25.5 seconds. Start the clock, Benoit pees and comes back out before the 25.5 are up. Then says he’ll beat O.J. again tonight.

Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit. O. J. taps out at 23.4 secs. Perhaps the Chief of Staff needs a new job, what with JBL on Raw.

Ok, really weird angle. Stacy Keibler and Christy Hemme come out for Diva match. Bell rings, they move to start, when Sylvan Grenier’s music comes on. Sylvan comes out and says he’s a handsome dude. Hardcore Holly comes out, tells Sylvan that he, like all other guys in the arena, just wants to watch two hot chicks, and that Sylvan should exit the premises. Holly smacks Grenier, Grenier leaves. Then, Hardcore, Christy, and Stacey pose in the ring, and all three leave. Huh? Hardcore makes a save to ensure a match that doesn’t happen even though the network guy promised it would? What? I hope they cut this from Smackdown. Holly gets a nice pop, but the scene was just dumb. Take a pee break during this one, folks.

Christian’s entrance music on, he starts to come down to ring. This interrupted by us going backstage to more of Teddy Long and network guy, who are making matches for next week’s first Smackdown on Friday. JBL vs. Batista in a Bullrope match. Benoit vs. OJ again, LOD vs. MNM, and Eddie vs. Rey in a Steel cage match. (Is it me, but can’t they come up with anything else than bringing JBL back to a Smackdown show? Thought we’d gotten rid of him.) Long peeved when the network guy books matches without consulting him.

Back to Christian’s entrance as he walks down to join the announcers. One of the refs pretends to do a Flair strut, announcer tells him not to, crowd gives a few whoos just for the heck of it. This happens throughout the night.

Booker T. vs. Ken Kennedy. In a funny move, Kennedy takes the mic from the announcer and announces himself for the match. Not bad if I do say so myself, but then he says to Booker, Can You Dig THAT, sucka? Booker not too pleased. Audience was HOT for Booker T who had Sharmell by his side. Kennedy gets the win, when Christian distracts Booker.

Simon Dean comes out, hypes The Simon System sports drink. Says Batista himself uses The Simon System, that’s why he won the World Title. Enter Batista to thundering ovation. Batista says he honestly can’t remember whether he’s tried it, asks to try some. Simon gives him a drink. Batista pumps up a bit, tells Simon it works, he (Batista) feels stronger and more powerful. Also feels more aggressive, bell rings and Batista wipes the floor with Simon Dean. Towards the end Batista has a few more of The Simon System sports drink, which gives him the extra boost necessary to finish Simon off. This match and scene were absolutely hysterical, one of the funniest WWE scenes I’ve ever seen. This match alone was worth the price of admission! (After Batista leaves ring announcer asks for round of applause for Simon Dean – er?).

Paul Birchall and William Regal vs. Funaki and Scotty Too Hotty. Birchall and Regal win a pathetic match. This was painful to watch. Crowd into Scotty, could’ve cared less about the other three. This was total filler, and bad filler at that. Make this a definite bathroom break. Loudmouth guy in stands behind me yells out Boo this Brit! That got the biggest pop of the match!

Sadistic Eddie Guerrero promo. Eddie filmed behind a steel cage. Eddie talks about his wife betraying him, losing Dominic, in short Eddie’s lost everything. And it’s his own fault cause he gave Rey a chance to win. Next week in steel cage he won’t make that mistake again. Ends with asking Rey how you beat someone who has already lost everything?

Randy and Bob Orton come out. Randy vs. Rey in a long match. Orton pokes fun of Rey’s height. Couple of funny moments during the match, including Orton chasing Rey around the ring (unsuccessfully) and Rey doing Orton’s pose from the top rope. Cowboy Bob interferes a few times, Orton with the win.

Post-match (and presumably rest not shown on Smackdown) RKO takes mike and says Where’s Taker. Taker doesn’t show (unless I’m mistaken, wasn’t the main event for tonight advertised at Taker and Rey vs. Orton and Eddie? Or did I make that up? Taker a no show and Eddie gets a backstage scene. Interesting). Batista comes out to yet another thunderous ovation, and Batista and Orton get it on! Crowd solidly behind Batista, who wins to end the night in Jacksonville. Great match, several funny moments including Cowboy Bob falling backwards off the ring apron and Batista doing the chicken dance in the ring when RKO stepped out for a bit to get a hug from his daddy. Again, great match. Orton is fabulous in the ring, plays really well off the crowd and has great mic work. Batista poses for a bit to end the night.

G-wrath
08-31-2005, 09:54 AM
and a tournament for the Smackdown women's title

Well, I'm glad that they're having a Women's title brought to SD, but none of them can wrestle. Please don't tell me that the matches for it are only going to be bra and panties stuff.:roll:

Dave Youell
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Well, I'm glad that they're having a Women's title brought to SD, but none of them can wrestle. Please don't tell me that the matches for it are only going to be bra and panties stuff.:roll:
Or just have Trish show up before they get the title itself

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Burchill is here!

Xero
08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
:wtf: <--- That was the exact face I made when I read that there's going to be ANOTHER women's title... Also...

Perhaps the Chief of Staff needs a new job, what with JBL on Raw.
Did I just miss something here? This guy mentions it twice, but I don't see WHY he's back on RAW, or back on SmackDown!, or whatever...

Edit: Neither set of spoilers mentions the women's title...

PorkSoda
08-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Palmer Cannon! That's Brian Black. :y:

Another Womens title? BLAH.

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 10:24 AM
Who wrote those 2nd spoilers?

First - JBL on Raw? What?
Second - "Loudmouth guy in stands behind me yells out Boo this Brit! That got the biggest pop of the match! " - SHUT UP AND RESPECT THE BURCHILL!

McLegend
08-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Nice Orton vs Rey.

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Okay:

Smackdown Women's Title? Why add another women's title when they barely acknowledge their existing women's division?

JBL on RAW? Since when? WTF?

That Holly/Grenier/Hemme/Keibler segment just sounds...weird.

So Christian IS on Smackdown!

Ref doing the Flair strut: WTF? Throughout the night??

LMAO at the Batista/Dean segment/match. That sounds quite hilarious and I am definitely watching it for this one.

PAUL Birchall? Nathan Birchall? Can anybody make up their damn minds? Which Smackdown spoiler am I supposed to believe?

The second spoiler sounds like a completely different show than the first one. Were both spoiler writers watching the same event??

Seriously. I'm better off just waiting until tomorrow night for the show. :p

KingofOldSchool
08-31-2005, 12:06 PM
My head hurts from reading that.

KingofOldSchool
08-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Oh I found a couple more Velocity matches...

Super Crazy over Nunzio (non-title match)
-- Both the Mexicools and FBI came to ringside. Couple of ECW chants during this, but nothing really got started.

Hardcore Holly over Random Jobber
-- Total squash. Very stiff shots in this match, but it's Hardcore Holly, so no shocks.

Brian Kendrick (!!!) over Paul London
-- Spanky pulls out Sliced Bread #2 to pull out the win.

TerranRich
08-31-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought it was Stevie Richards over Hardcore Holly? See? WTF, seriously, were they two different shows or something??

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Spanky's back!? Holy shit!

KingofOldSchool
08-31-2005, 01:14 PM
I thought it was Stevie Richards over Hardcore Holly? See? WTF, seriously, were they two different shows or something??

You honestly think Stevie Richards would actually go over Holly?

The Greater Power
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Cage Match will rock on FNS.

Nervous Ferret
08-31-2005, 01:33 PM
I think it looks pretty good

Nervous Ferret
08-31-2005, 01:33 PM
better than RAW

Mr. Nerfect
08-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Nathan Burchill? Oh God no, we will NOT get confused between Paul London and Paul Burchill, and both are uber-talented anyway. WTF at the ingorance of the fans not respecting Burchill. If I were Burchill (I'm saying this now, but I probably wouldn't have had the guts to do it if I were under contract) as soon as the fans turned against me, I would have whipped out that C4 shit, etc. Make everyone eat their own fucking words. Take the leash off Burchill, get massive ratings; keep the leash on Burchill, get people disrespecting his greatness. Hard choice.

KENNEDY! ...Kennedy. I love that man, and a win over Booker T should help him heaps.

Velocity looks prety awesome this week. Paul London vs. Spanky (Oh God yes), Nunzio vs. Super Crazy, Doug Basham, Vito squash. Velocity is starting to outshine SmackDown!. Honestly, who wants to see a Women's Title on SmackDown!? That time COULD be used for the cruisers you know, Vince? Guys that actually...hmm...wrestle.

I have to give the WWE this, FNS is looking special. But to be honest, ALL SmackDown!s should look like this. Hopefully FNS starts a new trend. I think we'll see Booker T vs. Christian and Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker next week, as well. Hmm, let's see:

-Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan
-Booker T vs. Christian
-Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker
-LOD vs. MNM
-Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
-Batista vs. JBL

That would be a pretty stacked SmackDown!. On Velocity, you could have:

-Nunzio vs. Super Crazy (for the title this time)
-Spanky vs. Paul London vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Funaki
-William Regal & Paul Burchall vs. bWo (Have Richards and Deam team up for one night)
-Ken Kennedy vs. Hardcore Holly

Have the matches take up the entire Velocity period, and really build up FNS and Velocity as a double feature together, with no highlights, just action. It won't happen, but it would be nice to see.

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 06:38 PM
This is my last Burchill post (for today anyway) but he needs to be allowed to do what he did so well in the FWA that originally caught the WWE's eyes. We all now understand what a phenom he is (can wrestle both the brawling and technical game and throw in a few CW moves for massive pops) from the videos that have been posted. So please, let him be himself or he'll just be another hoss. And you don't get ratings by having hosses wrestle on your shows (right A-train?)