PDA

View Full Version : Hahahaha that was GOLD. *Smackdown Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
09-01-2005, 10:19 PM
That Batista/Simon Dean segment was probably the funniest thing I've seen on Smackdown in months.

BlackDawn2024
09-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Hah. Yeah. That was awesome. I loved Batista, after beating down on him, acting drained of energy, stumbling around, and taking another drink. God, Batista rocks.

loopydate
09-02-2005, 12:09 AM
I really do think Batista is charismatic. He definitely needs mic work, but his facial expressions in this segment were priceless. The crowd was eating out of his hand tonight and not because they were told to.

Jesus Of Suburbia
09-02-2005, 12:21 AM
simon called him dave. i was sold after that.

KingofOldSchool
09-02-2005, 12:28 AM
I especially liked the pose he did when pinned Dean.

BTW, was he drinking "Simon Milk?" If so, I wonder what kind of protein is in THAT. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
09-02-2005, 12:50 AM
I need screencaps of that. It's golden material. :rofl:

But yeah, that's the funniest Batista's ever been. The most entertaining he's ever been. The loosest he's ever been. Just awesome stuff. He's definitely improving, and it's good stuff.

"I feel..... STRONGER!!!!!!!"

RGWhat316
09-02-2005, 01:31 AM
That was probably the funniest I've seen Batista in a while. The shot of him pinning Simon while holding the milk was just priceless. Unfortuanately, WWE.com doesn't have that pic, but there's at least one of him drinking the milk.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/photos/972958/15_83x64.jpg

Schoenauer
09-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Yes, this segment was gold... I definitely agree Cork, Batista is showing improvement. If anyone has a recording of SmackDown! they could screencap the shot for us, that should have been on the WWE website.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I don't think Batista is improving at all. I think he's always been this good. Seriously, the guys natural charisma and promos where what got him over in the first place, roughly around Survivor Series.

I did enjoy the segment this week. Batista's delivery was great. The only fault, and I mean, ONLY fault with all this, is that it pains me to see a talented worker and genuinely entertaining guy like Simon Dean go to waste. Call him Nova and let him show us some good stuff, please.

Xero
09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
It really was one of the better skit segments they've done in a while. Batista really is improving. Also....

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/817/batistamilk4di.jpg

TerranRich
09-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Soooo many possibilities with that pic... :lol:

darkpower
09-02-2005, 09:47 PM
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/817/batistamilk4di.jpg
BATISTA: NOW let's see if the pudding can go over on me.

ThruTheWire
09-02-2005, 10:00 PM
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/297/tehsecretcopy8em.jpg

OMG Teh SECRET REVEALED>!

Corkscrewed
09-03-2005, 03:24 AM
:rant:

:lol:

Hey, does anyone have a download of that match? Want to show my brother, who missed SD.

RP
09-03-2005, 03:44 AM
The one thing i get annoyed with about Batista is when he's in the ring and he does a huge power move and he's all like * ROARRRRRRR* * I'M BIG ROARRRR * That whole type of thing. Its like " Yah i get it, you're big. You're strong and muscular ". I just wishe he would be more loose when working a match and not so stereotypical big strong man.

Other then that. He's really started to become Smackdown. He's getting to the point where he's one of the champions that maybe loses the strap to someone like Orton or Eddie G, but doesnt leave the title scene and eventually wins it back. Alot like JBL is doing. Staying in the picture with Batista. I honestly think JBL might eventually win the belt back from Batista. I know alot of people think its gunna be Orton or someone else. I can see JBL winning then Batista winning it back. If they can put together a great match , this might be a great fued that Smackdown desperatly needs to support there only other decent fued , which was / or is ( is it over ? ) the only great fued smackdown has going for them.

Just John
09-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Damn, I was just about to make a thread about this, when he was saying that he felt stronger I thought this was going the same way as the whole "I hate bullies" thing but the pin had me sold.

JTB31
09-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Anybody else think that they are using Batista the same way wcw used Goldberg?

They are giving him a bunch of squash matches in order to hide his weaknesses in the ring.When you only have 2 or 3 moves the match can't go longer than 10 minutes before you get exposed.

Chavo Classic
09-03-2005, 05:52 PM
NO!

He's being pushed as a monster. That's how they do that. You push a monster by having him destroy opponents with devastation and ease. It worked to greater success with Goldberg in wCw and I've no qualms about the WWE doing the same with Big Dave.

Corkscrewed
09-04-2005, 04:04 AM
So... um... anyone with a video of the match? :shifty: