PDA

View Full Version : Paul Birchill....

Joey Slugs
09-01-2005, 10:47 PM
.... is my new god. that is all.

Destor
09-01-2005, 11:25 PM
I may not worship the guy but I hope hes here to stay.

PureHatred
09-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Way to jump onthe bandwagon, bandwagon jumper. :mad:

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=993872#post993872

Chavo Classic
09-02-2005, 05:30 AM
More reasons why Chavo is classic. I've been yelling out about this guy since he was signed to a developmental contract

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2005, 07:50 AM
I haven't been harping on about him, but since I've seen the C4, I've been waiting for his debut. Please let him do it, even if it's just once.

The Mackem
09-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Way to jump onthe bandwagon, bandwagon jumper. :mad:

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=993872#post993872

*cough*

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34987

Chavo Classic
09-02-2005, 08:26 AM
He also has a massive moonsault in his arsenal. Doesn't sound too impressive considering that both DeMott and Meanie both use 'fat' moonsaults, but in FWA Burchill could hit a corner-to-corner moonsaults.

(note - FWA rings are smaller than WWE rings, but still a considerable distance)

redoneja
09-02-2005, 09:57 AM
On Obsessed w/ wrestling, the C4 is described as a "backflip exploder". I know what an Exploder is but what exactly does a backflip exploder look like?

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 11:14 AM
We need more threads on a guy who's only on Heat.

Danny Electric
09-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Ahem I was talking about him when he was in FWA.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 11:49 AM
I was talking about him before he was born.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 11:49 AM
NO MY DICK IS BIGGER!

Danny Electric
09-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm your father.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 11:55 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I Can't be an ARAB!

Danny Electric
09-02-2005, 12:00 PM
So go and buy me some camels.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Will five suffice?

Danny Electric
09-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Six or I will strike you.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm slipping you bacno tonight, bitch.

Deceit
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM
I am so on the Burchill and Kennedy bandwagon. Both guys are solid.

Dave Youell
09-02-2005, 01:21 PM
He also has a massive moonsault in his arsenal. Doesn't sound too impressive considering that both DeMott and Meanie both use 'fat' moonsaults, but in FWA Burchill could hit a corner-to-corner moonsaults.

(note - FWA rings are smaller than WWE rings, but still a considerable distance)
There's 6 square feet of difference between those rings, he could make it 3 quaters max, that's it.

Jaton
09-02-2005, 01:36 PM
That's still not too bad.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 02:43 PM
There's 6 square feet of difference between those rings, he could make it 3 quaters max, that's it.

Assuming that's the max he can jump.

You see, I doubt anyone tries to moonsault further than the other turnbuckle.

loopydate
09-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Assuming that's the max he can jump.

You see, I doubt anyone tries to moonsault further than the other turnbuckle.

"Paul! Paul! Wake up!"

"Wha' happened?"

"You moonsaulted all the way across the ring, over the corner post, and into the first row and cracked your head on the barricade!"

"But I flew really far, right?"

Chavo Classic
09-02-2005, 02:45 PM
It's not so the distance, but covering the other turnbuckle would require some height on the moonsault. Unless you want him impaled! Why would you do that Knighty? Why? Huh? Huh?

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 03:51 PM
"Paul! Paul! Wake up!"

"Wha' happened?"

"You moonsaulted all the way across the ring, over the corner post, and into the first row and cracked your head on the barricade!"

"But I flew really far, right?"

LOL Exactly.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 03:55 PM
It's not so the distance, but covering the other turnbuckle would require some height on the moonsault. Unless you want him impaled! Why would you do that Knighty? Why? Huh? Huh?

Well, it'd draw ratings.

;)

But seriously, I don't "want" him to clear the turbuckle or try to. I was just pointing out that the roughly 8' he'd have to get to hit a WWE turnbuckle "Coast to Coast" style is not necessarily impossible. After all, RVD managed to make the transition for his move, there's no saying Burchill can't.

Just because he "only" jumped one end to the other in a smaller ring doesn't mean that's all he can do.

Chavo Classic
09-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I've always been impressed on how well Shane can pull of that move (along with the SSP)... but dont tell Test i said that

The Icon of Elisim
09-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Based on last night's match he will be used so shittily in the WWE. They are selling him as a brawler, doubt we will ever see him do much of anything cool.

Ken Kennedy has potential to be entertaining though

Chavo Classic
09-02-2005, 06:44 PM
FFS!

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Called it. :cool:

Also called the sun rising, the sky being blue, and other obvious notions.

Now, will people stop being so goddam naive?

Destor
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Based on last night's match he will be used so shittily in the WWE. They are selling him as a brawler, doubt we will ever see him do much of anything cool.

Ken Kennedy has potential to be entertaining though
The guy won the match with an arm bar, that doesn't sound like a brawler to me.

The Icon of Elisim
09-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Cole and Tazz said his backstory was that of a hooligan who liked to start fights, doesn't sound like someone who does moonsaults and flipping exploders to me

Destor
09-02-2005, 07:05 PM
you gotta point, I would love to see the spanish fly in the wwe though.

Chavo Classic
09-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Cole and Tazz said his backstory was that of a hooligan who liked to start fights, doesn't sound like someone who does moonsaults and flipping exploders to me

:lol: The WWE likes to think that all British wrestlers are social outcasts with ASBOs. Wasn't Regal meant to be a trouble making Blackpool youth?

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2005, 07:12 PM
On Obsessed w/ wrestling, the C4 is described as a "backflip exploder". I know what an Exploder is but what exactly does a backflip exploder look like?

He gets the guy for an exploder, but he jumps with them, flips back, sort of like a standing moonsault, and drives them into the mat. So the opponent flips forward while he flips back in exploder position.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Let's recap his moments in the match. He gets tagged in, a few hip tosses, flip off the ropes, and eventually he gets to make a move. He stomps Funaki, then rushes him into the turnbuckle. Elbows, a knee drop, pin attempts, and a european uppercut (I didn't see it, but Cole said he used one), andsome more touchwork. Burchill hits a shoulderbreaker and hits a armbar. Scotty taps like a bitch.

Yeah, he doesn't sound like a brawler at all. He sounds like a highly technical innovator of amazing moves. That armbar was brilliant. The shoulderbreaker combined aspects of the 5 star frog splash, the stone cold stunner, and the shining Wizard.

Oh, and his knee drop was from the skybox. Fucking amazing, he dropped 1000 feet and Funaki was literally broken in half.

Destor
09-02-2005, 07:43 PM
that arm bar was brilliant.

Chavo Classic
09-03-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm still waiting for a Jody Fleisch run in.

I could be waiting a very long time

Pepsi Man
09-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Only having seen his one match in the WWE, I'm honestly not ready to praise the guy. I've never been one to give a guy MUCH credit based solely on what I read.

Kane Knight
09-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Only having seen his one match in the WWE, I'm honestly not ready to praise the guy. I've never been one to give a guy MUCH credit based solely on what I read.

Especially when enterting Watered-down Wrestling Entertainment.

Evil Vito
09-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Let's recap his moments in the match. He gets tagged in, a few hip tosses, flip off the ropes, and eventually he gets to make a move. He stomps Funaki, then rushes him into the turnbuckle. Elbows, a knee drop, pin attempts, and a european uppercut (I didn't see it, but Cole said he used one), andsome more touchwork. Burchill hits a shoulderbreaker and hits a armbar. Scotty taps like a bitch.

Yeah, he doesn't sound like a brawler at all. He sounds like a highly technical innovator of amazing moves. That armbar was brilliant. The shoulderbreaker combined aspects of the 5 star frog splash, the stone cold stunner, and the shining Wizard.

Oh, and his knee drop was from the skybox. Fucking amazing, he dropped 1000 feet and Funaki was literally broken in half.

<font color=goldenrod>ROFL :rofl:

Anyways, I'm not ready to praise this guy yet either...I haven't seen any of his FWA stuff so all I've seen out of him is a watered-down WWE brawler

Plus, on a crappy note, knowing the WWE, they'll have him brawl for about a year and THEN have him pull off a moonsault.....and he'd probably fuck it up somehow due to not being allowed to use it in so long and WWE would be like "see, we knew that move was too risky" :roll:</font>

Chavo Classic
09-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Brock's SSP?

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2005, 07:47 PM
I know the WWE needs tag teams, but I propose JBL & Orlando Jordan fill-in for William Regal & Paul Burchill while Regal racks up wins on Velocity while Burchill shows us is stuff on SmackDown! (with Regal as his manager).

Burchill vs. Lesnar is possible WrestleMania main event stuff, if they let the two go. I have some faith in the WWE, because they let Lesnar show us his stuff, and he got over huge because of it. I have learnt by now that the WWE waters down their talent (Hassan, Bashams, Conway, Dinsmore, London, Spanky, Kazarian, Nunzio, Crazy, Juvi, Psicosis, Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty, Venis, etc.) but I really think that there is money in a guy like Burchill acting like Burchill. If the WWE can't see that, I'm sorry, but they will eventually be knocked off the mountain top by a new company.

I haven't see much of Jody Fleisch, but I would welcome him tot eh cruiserweight division in a second. I think if the WWE really wants to bill themselves as WORLD Wrestling Entertainment, they're going to need to start up friendly relationships with companies like FWA, and maybe offer some exchanges. London's apparently upset about the WWE right now, so why not "trade" him with Fleisch, and let Fleisch get some exposure before being signed full-time to the WWE.

Figurefourfilm
09-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Don't wanna post out of place but you guys ain't seen the best of Burchill yet, not only can this guy move but he can wrestle on the mat like you wouldn't believe, My company Figurefourfilm.com has a best of DVD of him from Premier Promotions which is a really old school British Wrestling promotion and he's wrestling some great matches in there, if you wanna see what this guy can do in the ring check it out, theres a music video of it on the site as well.

Sorry if that came across as a shill or whatever but I reckon he needs his dues, Burchill is bloody fantastic!!!

Andy

ThruTheWire
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Don't wanna post out of place but you guys ain't seen the best of Burchill yet, not only can this guy move but he can wrestle on the mat like you wouldn't believe, My company Figurefourfilm.com has a best of DVD of him from Premier Promotions which is a really old school British Wrestling promotion and he's wrestling some great matches in there, if you wanna see what this guy can do in the ring check it out, theres a music video of it on the site as well.

Sorry if that came across as a shill or whatever but I reckon he needs his dues, Burchill is bloody fantastic!!!

Andy

I'll take 2 of the paul birchill videos! Thanks Andy!! :shifty:

Destor
09-12-2005, 08:26 PM
It was some blatant product placement.

Figurefourfilm
09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
lol it may be or may not be but I'm just also trying to pimp out Brit Wres for you yankees lol Honestly you don't know what your missing until you sit down with a cold beverage and check out some good ol fashioned Fistycuffs!!!

Also we got a ton of shoots and stuff not available even from the US Sites like with Chirs Hero and also we got some stuff from Germany coming now with our deal with them with guys from Pro Wrestling Noah, ROH, PWG and all the great US Promotions as well as the awesome european guys, and it has to be seen to be believed in Germany the fans get piss drunk and stand AROUND the ring while the matches happen, its the most awesome experience to be there filming live like I have.

Pete
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Paul Birchall should never be allowed to touch a mic again judging by last weeks smackdown. The match was pretty good tho

Destor
09-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Burchill is the man, but the product placement, lame.

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Paul Birchall should never be allowed to touch a mic again judging by last weeks smackdown. The match was pretty good tho

I dunno, I sorta liked his promo. It was like "Hello, I'm Paul Burchill, I'm not going tot alk much because I'm going to be kicking ass a lot of the time". It seemed so "matter-of-factly" and suited Birchill really well.

Pete
09-13-2005, 03:56 AM
His voice really didn't go with the whole 'I'm going to send your teeth rattling down your throat for shits and giggles' message he was trying to put out tho

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
His voice really didn't go with the whole 'I'm going to send your teeth rattling down your throat for shits and giggles' message he was trying to put out tho

Yeah, that's true. I couldn't help but crack a smile while Burchill was all mellow waiting to methodically kick someones ass. I don't think we'll hear too many promos from him, so I think you're safe for a few weeks.