PDA

View Full Version : "Sly" Sylvain Grenier

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Haven't heard much said about this guy at all. I love his new male model gimmick. It just really suits him. I loved the way he called Hardcore "Bobby". I don't think they should go full-heel with him. keep him as a dillusional face who happens to model. I think it could work as a short term gimmick.

The guy reminded me of something from The Matrix this week, as well. :wtf:

What does everything think of "Sylvain", as he is being called now?

The Naitch
09-02-2005, 10:25 PM
hott shit.

UmbrellaCorporation
09-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I like it a LOT better than the Conman.

Zen v.W.o.
09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Sylvain Grenier is the man. So is Rene Dupree for that matter. Conway is american so blah.

Sylvain est superbe.

KingofOldSchool
09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
What's with the former members of the Basham's and La Resistance wearing sunglasses to the ring?

First it's Conway, then Doug Basham, and now Sly.

I'm waiting for The Damaja to debut wearing sunglasses.

crash99
09-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Could be good if they don't forget about him in a week.

The Naitch
09-02-2005, 10:51 PM
because sunglasses makes anyone look cool.

Destor
09-02-2005, 10:54 PM
except for Christian, anyone remember those big yellow sun glasses he used to wear?

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Holy crap. All positive responses for The Slyman (wouldn't surprise me if they start calling him that).

This gimmick has heaps of potential, but I can see it being ruined very easily. If Grenier is too much of a pussy, leans a bit too far into homosexuality or is booked as a completely bad guy, I think it will be like everything else we've seen come and go, but Grenier has the talent from what I've seen, and I think he could be a great mid-carder before climbing up hirer in the near future.

I think they should stick him with Stacy Keibler or someone. Sure he shoved her out of the way on SmackDown!, but I can see Stacy taking a liking to Grenier because he's more a friend to her than the other guys, or something. Give him a PMS-y gimmick where he gets aggrivated at some guys one day, and have him completely mellow the next. I think Grenier could pull it off, and if the writing team buckles down, I think Grenier could be a great asset to the US Division, at least.

Dave Youell
09-03-2005, 05:04 AM
except for Christian, anyone remember those big yellow sun glasses he used to wear?
SHUT UP THEY WERE GREAT!

Destor
09-03-2005, 05:29 AM
SHUT UP THEY WERE GREAT!
Yo have lost my vote....... :nono:

Chavo Classic
09-03-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm going to miss his attempts at OHHHH CANADAAAAAA!

Destor
09-03-2005, 07:03 AM
He could start singing its raining men...

Eunos
09-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Ive always secretly been a Sylvein grenier Mark..

I hope he lasts.

It's nice to see their finding things to do with all 3 former La Res members.

Chavo Classic
09-03-2005, 09:45 AM
I would normally be really sceptikal of people who say 'I've always been a secret mark of (whoever is now doing well)' but I know what you mean. I've always liked the Bashams, and now that the Bashman seems to be doing good, I'm secrtely proud. Just like I'm almost proud of those kids from Tough Enough (not Puder though... what an assclown!).

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I'm glad the WWE has kept hold of Ryan Reeves, Justice Smith (apparently), Mike Mizanin and Nick Mitchell.

It's also nice to see the guys who you are a fan of find direction. I haven't been a Sylvain-mark, but I've always seen potential there. His singles matches with Conway on Heat where always interesting, IMO, and he's always had the look of a likeable guy, or a completely hateable one. I really hope they give him a face push. I think it would work.

I agree with The Bashams sentiment, too. In OVW The Bashams were two of the top singles guys they had. Damaja and Machine where HUGE down there. I've read someone say that Benoit said Doug Basham can go hold-for-hold with him. That is something the WWE needs to show us, and soon. I am personally looking forward to seeing the Damaja on RAW. I've always pictured ihm as a Rhyno-type character, mowing people down, going in and walking out unphased by the destruction he causes. I'm not sure if that's anything like the character "Danny Basham" plays, but I am looknig forward to seeing him. For some reason I can see Basham vs. Triple H making HEAPS of money, andpossibly being a classic. Either that or a Damaja pairing with Ric Flair and Helmsley.

LK
09-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I've heard good things about Sylvain when he was a singles wrestler on the indy scene and I must say that I liked what I saw when I watched the show tonight. He's nothing superb in the ring but he's decent and his mic work looks positive.

Afterlife
09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Diggin' it. :)

Deceit
09-03-2005, 11:03 PM
I concurr with everything in this post as well :)

Jaton
09-03-2005, 11:25 PM
I just..don't see it. They've been buried so long that I can't see anything big coming from it.

redoneja
09-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I just..don't see it. They've been buried so long that I can't see anything big coming from it.

I've got three letters for you......HHH. Nobody is buried too long to become a star....nobody.