PDA

View Full Version : Ravishing Rick Rude

Bad Guy
12-10-2003, 07:04 AM
What was his tattoo of? I saw a pic in The Ravishing One's sig and it looks like he had one but i never noticed. :?:

The Ravishing One
12-10-2003, 10:42 AM
What was his tattoo of? I saw a pic in The Ravishing One's sig and it looks like he had one but i never noticed. :?:

Its an anchor

Boondock Saint
12-11-2003, 03:26 AM
Speaking of him, I didn't start watching til the beginning of 99. But in some old tapes and stuff that i've seen, he is with DX often? What was that about? He looked to be in a manager role but I didn't know they had one. ?

Head
12-11-2003, 03:43 AM
Yeh, Rude stopped wrestling around 94 I think it was due to a neck injury. After that he appeared breifly in WCW and WWF on a few occasions before dying. As for the DX thing, I don't completly remember, I just remember that he always used to dress up in a suit and was with them for a little bit before leaving the company. I'm sure somebody else could elaborate more on that.

His peak with the WWF was in the late 80s. Like 88 to 89 was when he was IC champion.

MJD
12-11-2003, 04:24 AM
He was dX's en-surance policy. ie: his metal brief case ensured they always won their matches.

He suddenly appeared WCW at World War 3 in 98 I think, walking down the aisle to the ring with Curt Hennig. He became Hennig's manager for a short time. Then disapeared. Sadly enough he passed away from testicular cancer a short time after.

It's sad to see both Hennig and Rude are gone. I actually enjoyed seeing them together.

MJD
12-11-2003, 04:27 AM
:cool: @ the IC title printed on his tights.

KayfabeMan
12-11-2003, 05:16 AM
He actually appeared on RAW & Nitro at the same time one evening.

I believe it was the night after he jumped to WCW,when they were
still taping RAW's,so the episode aired with Rude in DX,while he was
on Nitro with the NWO.

To my knowledge,that was the first and only time that a wrestler had appeared on both RAW & Nitro on the same night (before the "buyout"
and final episode of Nitro).Also,it was pretty funny,considering that on
one show he had a beard,and on the other he did not.

Also,here is a closer picture of the tattoo in question; courtesy of
www.ObsessedWithWrestling.com ; the world's greatest site.Head
on over and check out their new interviews with Penny Banner &
Dagon Briggs :y:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/r/rickrude/17.jpg

Bad Guy
12-11-2003, 06:38 AM
He actually appeared on RAW & Nitro at the same time one evening.

I believe it was the night after he jumped to WCW,when they were
still taping RAW's,so the episode aired with Rude in DX,while he was
on Nitro with the NWO.

To my knowledge,that was the first and only time that a wrestler had appeared on both RAW & Nitro on the same night (before the "buyout"
and final episode of Nitro).Also,it was pretty funny,considering that on
one show he had a beard,and on the other he did not.

Also,here is a closer picture of the tattoo in question; courtesy of
www.ObsessedWithWrestling.com ; the world's greatest site.Head
on over and check out their new interviews with Penny Banner &
Dagon Briggs :y:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/r/rickrude/17.jpg

thanks for the pic. wow. out of all the matches i've seen him in I can't believe this is the first time I'm realizing this.

The Ravishing One
12-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Okay just a few things,

He jumped ship from Raw to Nitro the night after the Infamous Survivor Series 1997. Pissed at the Hart situation!

Yes he was the first and only to appear on Raw and Nitro on the same week!

He had to retire in Japan in 1994 when on some WCW tour over there! He actually broke his back (falling on a corner, see below) and continued the match, And WON! Retaining the world title, but WCW covered up and said Sting actually won it over in there!

http://fire.prohosting.com/~batten81/rickback.jpg

http://fire.prohosting.com/~batten81/rickback2.jpg

He actually died of heart failure at the age of 39, he was training to come back to the WWF. He'd left WCW for some time and was training for an in ring return just like HBK. But i guess it was all a bit too much for him.

RIP RICK