PDA

View Full Version : If you get the chance to watch it...

Impact!
09-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Watch Velocity this weekend.

Starting match was London V Brian Kendrick

Doug Basham V Some guy

And the main event was Super F'n Crazy V Nunzio

There's other stuff as well but these were definatly the best., oh yeah Hardore Holly V Some guy, nothing special but still it didn't ruin Velocity for me.

Yeah, just saying it's worth watching. :y:

Kane Knight
09-03-2005, 01:26 AM
So wait, he's not Spanky this time?

Nark Order
09-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Kendrick :D

Destor
09-03-2005, 01:30 AM
London Spanky could be good. But the odds of Nunzio Crazy being good out side of ECW... I dont know. Ill watch anyway.

Impact!
09-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Yeah Kendricks no longer Spanky, but that could change.

Nunzio V Crazy wasn't ECW good, but was still a good match.

Bashman's ( :lol: ) finisher looked pretty cool, it was basically a kick which followed through into a leg drop.

Impact!
09-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Quickly to the Bashcave.

Kane Knight
09-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Yeah Kendricks no longer Spanky, but that could change.

It did before.

Kane Knight
09-03-2005, 01:44 AM
We need a match between Spanky and Sharkboy. Gayest gimmick in current wrestling.

Kane Knight
09-03-2005, 01:44 AM
...In a Cell.

Impact!
09-03-2005, 01:45 AM
In a fish tank

Destor
09-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Not to be a smart ass, but, does Spanky have a gimmick?

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Yep, I was going to post something about this, but impact player beat me to it. God, Australia rules.

London vs. Spanky wasn't as awesomely fantastic as I was hoping, but it was solider than most things, and it's making me creatify words, so it was B+ standard at least. If you're curious, London played the heel, and they actually had continuity, with references to London & Spanky's run as a tag team on Velocity.

Hardcore Holly vs. Steve Madison was good. Fuck, Hardcore is over. Moreso than ever. It seems to be affecting his performance, because he's stepped it up recently. Madison really impressed me. He was one of the jobbers that Big Show squashed on RAW. They must move the cameras back for Show squashes, because Madison looked bigger here. 245lbs they said he was, I think. I'd buy that. Occasionally you see independant guys you hear heaps about, but don't really show you too much mainstream potential, Madison is one guy that does have that potential, IMO. I would be happy if he got a developmental contract.

Doug Basham vs. Michael Patrick is decent. Not as exciting as his match last week, but Basham again proves he knows what he's doing in there. Hilarious commentary by Josh Mathews & Steve Romero in this. They are my favourite announce team by far. They kept making jokes about how Patrick has such a white complextion, he uses it to blend in with the canvas so his opponents can't see him. Basham later did a spot where he hit two elbow drops in a row, before going for a third, but changing his mind and hitting a leg drop. During the pause Mathews goes "He's lost Patrick! He can't see him!" or something to the like. Good stuff. The Last Impression (I think that's what it's called) is a great finisher. I love The Bashman's attire, too. He sort of reminds me of a cross between the Big Boss Man (RIP) and Steve Austin. He's going to be huge if you ask me.

The main event, as impact player already said, was nothing of ECW standard, but it was good and better than I expected it to be. I loved the storytelling in this match. I mark out when heels get a sudden burst of face adrenaline. Both The FBI and Mexicools had this during the match. Vito and Nunzio being ready to take on all three Mexicools made me mark out, as did Super Crazy's ringwork. Crazy was OVER by the end of the match. I seriously think the WWE should turn these guys full-fledged babyface, especially with the lack of face tag teams in the WWE.

Hopefully the WWE puts Nunzio vs. Super Crazy vs. Spanky on SmackDown! next week. It's the first show of a new "era" of WWE programming, I think the cruiserweight division needs to be represented.

crash99
09-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Sounds like a good show, definetley will check it out. I love Kendrick, so I am really looking foward to seeing the London/Kendrick match. Hope to remember to set the VCR.

Impact!
09-03-2005, 02:45 AM
God, Australia rules.
Damn Straight.

On another note though, I agree as soon as I saw The Bashman my first thought was Big Bossman V2.

Josh Mathews and Steve Romero's commentary, especially through the last two matches was gold.

London and Spanky was easily the best match of the night, Spanky did get one hell of a large pop when he entered.

and just to repeat what Alieniod said, it amazes me how over Hardcore was, Fuckin Phenominal. Super Crazy was quite over with the live crowd y the end of the match as well.

Destor
09-03-2005, 02:47 AM
*edit*
no prob

Impact!
09-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Fixed

Whoops, sorry bout that, I'm used to the US getting everything before us Aussies.

I suggest you edit it as well so it doesn't get spoiled for others.

Corkscrewed
09-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Wow, Kendrick is actually back. Cool stuff.

And yeah, it's funny how over Hardcore is. Maybe it's piped in, but I dunno. The fans love him. Maybe it's Post-Katrina sympathy? :lol: But as much as we hate it, Hardcore gets cheered. A lot.

I think it's called Hogan syndrome. And Hulk Hogan... Hardcore Holly...? Hmmmm.....

Destor
09-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Why does this forum hate Holly so much? I mean if its for beating up rookies, thats what vets are supposed to do to the green, make sure if they want to be wrestlers. But if its not then what is it? Its Sparky Plugs aint it? Gotta be...

Impact!
09-03-2005, 03:49 AM
We don't like people who are balding, they're not bald, they don't have hair. They need to make up their minds. i.e: Hardcore Holly, Hulk Hogan..

:shifty:

Destor
09-03-2005, 03:51 AM
What about HBK? Balding HBK is better then BALD HBK! He already looks like a monkey...

Impact!
09-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Ahhhhh, but he has hair extentions, that means , he knows what he wants, hair.

But Hardcore and Hogan can't seem to make up their minds. :p

Destor
09-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Thats fair, but when RVD starts balding I want to hear some real hatred!

Impact!
09-03-2005, 04:13 AM
Because he's "Half-Ball-Ding" *Does the RVD Thumbs*

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2005, 04:32 AM
LMAO at everything said regarding hair loss and the relationship between Hardcore Holly and Hulk Hogan.

Impact!
09-03-2005, 05:23 AM
:lol: going back over them, it has been quite good.

Chavo Classic
09-03-2005, 07:09 AM
These are exactly the type of reasons why I only watch Velocity

Team Sheep
09-03-2005, 08:35 AM
So was Brian Kendrick released and then re-hired, or did he just go to OVW for a while or something?

Chavo Classic
09-03-2005, 08:39 AM
He did a Kazarian and walked out because he felt he wasn't being utilised. He wrestled in Japan, and came right back to WWE recently.

Team Sheep
09-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Stupid fanny.