PDA

View Full Version : Tag Teams

Afterlife
09-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Alienoid just inspired me. He mentioned a big-ass tag team match idea, and one of the "teams" he suggested was Eugene and Tajiri. Now, I was about to ask him, "Why would you have Eugene and Tajiri team together?" I mean, really, the communication factor would be incredibly difficult. It could be comical, but the story for as to WHY they team up would have to be done fairly well. On top of that, the styles are just a bit too different for me to see working well as a unit.

All that aside, the point of this post is not about that suggested team specifically, but seeing as how everybody's well aware that the Tag Division is overly weak nowadays, what singles mid-carders would you put together to make decent tags? Tomko and Dupree are being put together, and personally, I see it working out well. Both guys are decent in-ring and Dupree's not bad on the mic. But what other tags would you set up to build the competition?

Destor
09-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Stevie Richards and OJ

Impact!
09-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Viscera and Val

and it's not really a tag team, but I can see Sylvain joining up with MNM.

Djscorpion
09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Shelton and RVD or Shelton and EDGE-if he was a face instead of a heel.

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2005, 11:17 PM
I think I saw Eugene & Tajiri teaming at house shows, so that waspart of why I stuck them together. I hope they lose the "Eugene" gimmick completely, though.

Val Venis & Viscera are together now, which is OK by me, as long as it gets Val Venis on my TV WINNING!

I'd stick Gene Snitsky & Johnny Parisi together. I'm not sure what happens this week on Heat, but I'd probably have had Parisi job to Tajiri cleanly. The next week have Parisi challenge Big Show to a match. If Parisi loses, he quits trying to make it in the WWE. Show excepts, and we have ourselves a match with Parisi putting up a valiant effort against Show. Eventually Parisi gets frustrated, so he "inadvertantly" knocks the ref down. He gets a steel chair, but Show simply punches it back into the face of Parisi. This doesn't stop Parisi, who charges Big Show with the chair again, and gets it kicked in his face by Show. Snitsky runs down during this, though, and big boots Show from behind. Snitsky and Parisi then proceed toSdouble-Pillmanise The Big Show, explaining his absence from TV, and sticking these two in a team together.

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2005, 11:18 PM
and it's not really a tag team, but I can see Sylvain joining up with MNM.

SNM? :shifty:

Impact!
09-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Nice, that could be good, except for the fact I don't know who Parisi is.

Impact!
09-03-2005, 11:20 PM
SNM? :shifty:
MSN :shifty:

redoneja
09-03-2005, 11:54 PM
I would send Hurricane over to Smackdown, bring back the "Sugar" Shane Helms gimmick and team him with Sylvain Grenier or Johnny Parisi(but obviously keep Helms in Raw in this case).

Kane Knight
09-03-2005, 11:59 PM
MSN :shifty:

AIM :shifty:

Skippord
09-04-2005, 12:26 AM
AIM :shifty:
Yahooooooooh:shifty:

Kane Knight
09-04-2005, 12:51 AM
With the tag team of Tajiri and Eugene, it could work because they both speak wrestling or whatever. Tajiri's Japanese and Eugene's retarded, so their primary languages are incompatable, but if they sold the "in-ring" chemistry...

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2005, 03:17 AM
Yahooooooooh:shifty:

Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch? :shifty:

BAH GAWD TAG TEAMS!

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2005, 03:23 AM
With the tag team of Tajiri and Eugene, it could work because they both speak wrestling or whatever. Tajiri's Japanese and Eugene's retarded, so their primary languages are incompatable, but if they sold the "in-ring" chemistry...

They also both have that connection to William Regal.

I agree, the wrestling chemistry would work, but you need good storytelling for that, and the WWE has been low on that for a while.

I wouldn't mind the idea of Nick Dinsmore and Tajiri teaming up either. Like without the "Eugene" gimmick.

Ken Kennedy and Doug Basham are both mid-card heels with great talent, great mic skills and only one place to go, up. Why not stick them together? I mean the WWE is low on tag teams. Have Ken Kennedy and Doug Basham join up with Randy Orton and "Cowboy" Bob Orton over the next few weeks by helping them beat The Undertaker. The Ortons, Kennedy & Basham form a "Revolution" stable, maybe adding a cruiserweight member and calling up a guy like Ken Doane to work in the US Division. Or you can stick Ken Kennedy with Ken Doane and call them KK & K. Or not. :shifty: