PDA

View Full Version : WWE's solution to competition if TNA gets big...

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
I think that if TNA becomes a legitimate contender to WWE, there is only one thing to do and that is to make one roster of talent without so many useless titles...

In a World vs. WWE title match, I'd love to see someone like Kurt Angle win it or someone like Shelton Benjamin down the road... This definitely builds a future star instantaneously...

There should be a title for title match involving both the IC and US champions... A great place to do this would be WrestleMania with two guys like Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio...

The tag-team titles should also be decided in a World vs. WWE tag unification match... The winner of this one should be Regal and Burchill... :cool:

The women's title should be scrapped altogether as well... There is no longer an interest in women's wrestling especially since all the women that could work a match have seemingly been released... A lot of these useless divas can definitely be released, I think...

This is the roster I had in mind:

Main Event Active Veterans
Shawn Michaels - although another run from him is deserved, beyond a shadow of a doubt
The UnderTaker - I suppose he could win the big one again before retiring
Triple H - keep him in the title hunt along with Taker & HBK, but they should put others over

Legends
Ric Flair - it's always a good idea to keep this entertaining guy around
Mick Foley - put this guy on TV occasionally and it's not bad
Steve Austin - a final match is definitely due in the not-so-distant future
The Rock - I can't wait for him to come back for another run in the ring
Hulk Hogan - even if he comes back in a while, he'll be back

Other Veterans
Big Show - not quite a legend, but no star of the future, that's for sure
Kane - much like Taker, it seems as though his best days are gone, I'd love to see another good run though
Booker T - not much of a legend either, at least not in WWE, but he deserves a last big match or run before retiring
Hardcore Holly - meh, he's been around a while :-\

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Contenders
Batista
John Cena
Kurt Angle
Brock Lesnar
Randy Orton
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
JBL
Chris Jericho - if he's not in TNA :-\

WWE Intercontinental Championship Contenders
Shelton Benjamin - this guy has to get a title run down the road
Rob Van Dam - should definitely get a title run down the road, won't happen
Christian - another one that needs a major push, but is seemingly drifting
Muhammad Hassan - this man "must" make a return, he's main event material
Chris Masters - he's not absolute death people, his push has been tolerable
Carlito
Rey Mysterio
Chavo Guerrero
CM Punk
Edge

Other Potential Contenders Down The Road
Rob Conway
Damaja
Doug Basham
Ken Kennedy
Tyson Tomko
Rene Dupree
Matt Striker
Johnny Parisi
Brian Black, a.k.a. Palmer Cannon

- some of these guys can definitely make tag combinations if they are not involved in any significant feuds or angles

WWE World Tag-Team Championship Contenders
LOD - Roadwarrior Animal & Heidenreich (once the run is over, release both)
MNM - Johnny Nitro & Joey Mercury
Heart Throbs - Romeo & Antonio
TNT - Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
bWo - Nova & Stevie Richards
FBI - Big Guido & Big Vito
Thrillseekers - Capotelli & Jeter (we'll have to wait and see to judge)
Blonde Bombers - Chad & Tank Toland (we'll have to wait and see to judge)
Highlanders - Robby & Rory McAllister (we'll have to wait and see to judge)
Viscera & Val Venis - :-\ just in hope of keeping Venis around
William Regal & Paul Birchall - these guys are godly
Danny Doring & Roadkill - adds a little something to the division
Balls Mahoney & Axl Rotten - adds a great touch to the division

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Contenders
Paul London
Spanky
Jamie Noble
Yoshihiro Tajiri
Nunzio
The Hurricane
Kid Kash
Juventud Guerrera
Super Crazy
Psicosis
Funaki - you need a jobber cruiser

Release
Matt Hardy - burial has killed him
Eugene - gimmick has killed him
Gene Snitsky
Orlando Jordan
Sylvain Grenier
Rosey
Scotty 2 Hotty
+ lots of the development talent that doesn't get over
+ some of the "potential" contenders that don't make progress

This would be an ideal roster to make up one of the most talented group of workers in the history of the company working on one show to make it hot, as opposed to two brands within the company competing against one another...

With shows like this to counter programming featuring guys like Raven, Rhino, Sabu, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Petey Williams, Jerry Lynn, Ultimo Dragon and others, wrestling could certainly get very interesting again...

ThruTheWire
09-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Release
Matt Hardy - burial has killed him

Why do so many people think Matt Hardy's been buried? He's still getting better crowd response than half the roster. It's obvious that this is just the beginning of a very long fued with Edge. The reason he is losing after his matches with Edge is to sell the injuries. He is in no way/shape or form buried.

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-06-2005, 07:10 PM
He is in no way/shape or form buried.

:lol: :nono:

Destor
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
He'll go over huge by the end of the fued

Deceit
09-06-2005, 07:12 PM
He's right. Every time Matt's lost it wasn't because he gave up or he was cleanly pinned. I guess they're trying to actually go with the whole "I will not die" thing.

ThruTheWire
09-06-2005, 07:14 PM
:lol: :nono:

Instead of putting those damn icons how about you actually tell me how he has been buried? He's getting a decent amount of TV time, people are still quite into the Edge/MH fued, he was the first person to successfully give Edge heat, he is not being buried, they are being used to build each other.

Deceit
09-06-2005, 07:15 PM
If anything, putting him in a match with the "injuries" he keeps sustaining is just going to get more people behind him and supporting him.

ThruTheWire
09-06-2005, 07:16 PM
He's right. Every time Matt's lost it wasn't because he gave up or he was cleanly pinned. I guess they're trying to actually go with the whole "I will not die" thing.

Exactly, meaning no matter what you do, he keep's coming back.. you eventually have a gimmick supporting his new catch phrase. It will all come together over time.

Destor
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Battling from behind always worked, and always will. It a never fail way to book a character, people like to root for the underdogs.

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Matt Hardy has come back and has been battered and beaten by guys like Snitsky and Edge on a regular basis...

First, his loss at SS was an absolute burial and he was knocked out, not even standing a chance against Edge in a clean fight...

The next night on RAW, he loses cleanly to Rob Conway, being the first guy that Conway had actually beaten on RAW aside from Val Venis...

Things only get worse as this week he loses cleanly once again...

Edge has got the better of him on practically all their outings, and he got the girl too...

Matt has been made to look like a pathetic fool and even if this feud goes long term with Matt going over, I don't see him as legitimate title material either way...

I wouldn't mind if he stayed around for the long run, but he's far from the best thing to come around in a while...

How can you ask to explain his burial when he hasn't won a single match since his comeback and seems to be constantly beaten and bloodied up...

Maybe if it's booked right, this will benefit Hardy down the road, but as of right now and WWE's likely booking of the scenario, Hardy is on the losing end of one of the worst burials in years... To make matters worse, when he left the company, he was on a losing streak then too... In fact, I don't think Hardy has won more than one or two matches since his trade to RAW last year... Hardy will likely be used as a jobber (much like Venis) if he is kept around for the long run...

Destor
09-06-2005, 08:45 PM
When the fued is over see if you can say that. GAYRAPE has spoken!

Kane Knight
09-06-2005, 09:06 PM
They have more than one option.

Destor
09-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Not if they dont want some of my GAYRAPE they dont.

Favre4Ever
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Ha ha, Rock vs Stone Cold to re-unite the belts.

Favre4Ever
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
and Edge should never win anything, unless it helps push him back down the card.

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-07-2005, 05:37 PM
and Edge should never win anything, unless it helps push him back down the card.

Edge is still booked to look good and he gets over that way, although the past few months have been X-Pac heat...

I don't think he deserves to win the big championship anytime soon... A Christian/Edge reunion in the future could be in store... Edge is a good contender to a midcard championship anyday and maybe a few years down the road, he'll become significantly over again in order to carry the company as champion...

Christian is simply too small to compete with guys like UnderTaker and Batista and look strong as champion... A midcard title run is certainly deserving at any given time... I don't know why SmackDown! hasn't put Benoit against Christian for the U.S. title in the mean time... They have to get away from this Orlando Jordan garbage...

Loose Cannon
09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Matt Hardy IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN BURIED. Let's get that straight. Yea, I was wondering why at first they had him get demolished by Snitsky and then lose to Conway. But I now realize they were playing up his injury to the head. The first Snitsky match was stupid though because he wasn't even injured there.

But since then he's gotten numerous blows to the head and in story, he's playing that never say quit character that gets knocked down time after time. And he'll finally get his ultimtate revenge some day. Crowd is still into him and he's got a lot left. To me, Matt looked like the #2 babyface on Raw last Monday. It felt like that to me.

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Matt Hardy IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN BURIED. Let's get that straight. Yea, I was wondering why at first they had him get demolished by Snitsky and then lose to Conway. But I now realize they were playing up his injury to the head. The first Snitsky match was stupid though because he wasn't even injured there.

But since then he's gotten numerous blows to the head and in story, he's playing that never say quit character that gets knocked down time after time. And he'll finally get his ultimtate revenge some day. Crowd is still into him and he's got a lot left. To me, Matt looked like the #2 babyface on Raw last Monday. It felt like that to me.

:-\ He's crap...

But that's just me, I'm no Hardy mark...

Kane Knight
09-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I can see hwo not being a fan would preclude you from liking someone.

If I'm not a mark for someone, I automatically hate them. :|

PureHatred
09-07-2005, 08:33 PM
At this rate, by the time TNA becomes a legitimate threat to WWE, everyone on the active roster will be dead, Hulk Hogan's head in a jar will be headlining Wrestlemania, and all the smarks will be complaining about how Trips and Steph's son, Hunteronimus Prime, is holding down everyone because he's holding the Interplanetary belt while all the other titles are being held by his army of clones.

Savio
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Instead of releasing Snitksy Put him in a tag team with masters.

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Instead of releasing Snitksy Put him in a tag team with masters.

Sure...

Murdoch/Cade and Regal/Burchill have a lot of potential to make tag wrestling special again if the rosters are united...

Realistically it is true, however, that TNA will not become a legitimate threat anytime soon...

If guys like Jindrak, Reigns, Charlie Haas, Dudleys, Spike, Test, Kanyon, O'Haire, Kidman, Akio, Steve Corino, Credible, Awesome, Tanaka or even Rikishi and A-Train are brought into the fold, the organization can over big with a lot of recognizable faces for the generic wrestling fan...

Lots of people in the company as well, such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Petey Williams, Jerry Lynn, can make high-flying style action exciting again with the X-Division...

Others like Raven, Rhino, Sabu, New Age Outlaws, Jarrett and Nash will be easily recognizable to the casual wrestling fan... While some could work (Rhino, Raven...), others are hardly useful in a wrestling role (Nash)...

I suggest bringing in a few people with star power such as Sting, Goldberg, DDP, Steiner Brothers and Randy Savage to create some interesting angles... Goldberg is very unlikely though...

TNA has to stay away from hiring useless temporary additions such as Sid Vicious, Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger... I would mark out for Ultimate Warrior, however, so that would be all right in my books... JR can hate all he wants...

I also think that Spike will lure a lot of UFC fans into watching TNA, thus creating a decent fan audience...

Over time, a legitimate contender could be born with the right booking decisions and talent acquisitions...

RP
09-09-2005, 05:47 PM
If you switched the "other potential contenders " list with the " Release " List . You wouldnt look like such an idiot IMO.

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-10-2005, 12:10 PM
If you switched the "other potential contenders " list with the " Release " List . You wouldnt look like such an idiot IMO.

Listen jackass...

Guys like Ken Kennedy, Rob Conway and Doug Basham could have a very bright future within the company...

If watching Orlando Jordan vs. Scotty 2 Hotty is your cup of tea, then go watch away...