PDA

View Full Version : 3 Hour Long RAW

Ben Rodrigues
09-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Don't see this posted but according to WWE.com, the premier edition of RAW on USA will be 3 hours long.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/rawonusa

Loose Cannon
09-09-2005, 09:13 PM
3 hours of loving WWE wrestling :love:

Kane Knight
09-09-2005, 09:17 PM
3 hours of loving WWE wrestling :love:

3 hours of mindless praise :nono:

Cool King
3 Hours:drool:

Loose Cannon
actually I'll probably have a major headache by the end of this to be honest.

Kane Knight
09-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I don't know. Since it's a legends Raw, I might actually be able to mark out. You know, pretend it's just a nostalgia show?

Pegasus Crawford
09-09-2005, 09:23 PM
So... uh... 1 hour of Hogan, 1 hour of Triple H, and 1 hour for everything else!

Loose Cannon
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
nah, Austin is on the show. He'll get his hour in also.

The Greater Power
09-09-2005, 09:26 PM
WWE officials are hoping for a big number from RAW on it's debut with USA Networks. This is partly because of the return of Triple H, who by all indications will return to feud with Ric Flair and appearances by Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin. As one source reports, if the rating is not above a 4.0 then WWE will be very disappointed.

Credit: WX

Kane Knight
09-09-2005, 09:36 PM
If they can't pull 4.0 with the legends they['ve got returning, they don't deserve a 5 AM infomercial slot.

FourFifty
09-09-2005, 09:45 PM
I hope they pull a good rating... However, if they want it they need to... gee... I don't know....
<font size=7>GET THE FUCKING WORD OUT!!!</FONT SIZE>
There are a good number of non-internet fans (also known as Lernarites) who don't know what's going on unless they see John Cena's face for a whole 1.6 seconds on the USA network during an ad for everything on USA. With all due respect to Spike TV, otherwise known as the "We fuck sheep network before WWE Raw came on" let the WWE say what's going on. Vinne Mac Daddy made Spike TV what it is... Maybe if Eric comes out and says "Do NOT miss RAW on this day! Check your local listings for this 3 hour RAW with many legends, and the reintroduction of a very special title..." (okay, I just want to see the Hardcore title come back)

FearedSanctity
09-09-2005, 09:47 PM
They can hardly keep my attention through 2 hours, let alone 3

Kane Knight
09-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I hope they pull a good rating... However, if they want it they need to... gee... I don't know....
GET THE FUCKING WORD OUT!!!
There are a good number of non-internet fans (also known as Lernarites) who don't know what's going on unless they see John Cena's face for a whole 1.6 seconds on the USA network during an ad for everything on USA. With all due respect to Spike TV, otherwise known as the "We fuck sheep network before WWE Raw came on" let the WWE say what's going on. Vinne Mac Daddy made Spike TV what it is... Maybe if Eric comes out and says "Do NOT miss RAW on this day! Check your local listings for this 3 hour RAW with many legends, and the reintroduction of a very special title..." (okay, I just want to see the Hardcore title come back)

I'd get the word out, but nobody around here seems to care anymore.

Kane Knight
09-09-2005, 10:05 PM
They can hardly keep my attention through 2 hours, let alone 3

But...They've got HOGAN!

Jaton
09-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Maybe the stage will have a new design. They might as well reinvent everything.

Mr. Nerfect
09-09-2005, 10:14 PM
3 Hours is probably better for the egos they'll have in the building. Hopefully all the legends are involved with younger guys at the show. Hogan vs. Cena, Austin vs. Benjamin, Foley vs. Carlito, Vader vs. Kane, etc.

I'm not sure how much it would cost the WWE, or USA, since i'm not an expert on television, but do you think a regular 3 hour slot is too much TV time for the WWE? Have them dedicate the two hour timeslots to the SmackDown! guys or something, while sort of combining Heat and RAW. It probably wouldn't work out, but anything new keeps me interested.

KingofOldSchool
09-09-2005, 10:26 PM
But...They've got HOGAN!

BROTHER!

BROTHER!

BROTHER!

Joey Slugs
09-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Maybe the stage will have a new design. They might as well reinvent everything.

a complete restart is in order. new set, new music, new titontron, and new colors (same red and black but different varient).

Mr. Nerfect
09-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I hope they do have a different set, etc. I think RAW could use a new logo as well. I don't know why, but I think black & gold would be an effective colour scheme for RAW. The red should probably stay, but I'm in the mood for a change.

Jaton
09-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah, they've had the current design for quite awhile. SD could use something new as well.

Ooh, maybe RAW can have a big open hand above the Titantron. :shifty:

RP
09-09-2005, 11:17 PM
1st hour : Triple H promo
2nd hour : Masterlock challenge and a horrible unfunny Carlito's Cabana ( Because honestly. Carlitos Cabana is the most overrated thing ever. Its not funny. Its slow and Carlito seems like he cant think of material )

3rd hour : John Cena sucks and Kurt Angle owns as usual. Triple H finds a way to get in the main event. The end.

TerranRich
09-09-2005, 11:25 PM
The current RAW logo and parallelogram design has been around for about 3-4 years, no? Before then it was the stencil "RAW IS WAR" rectangular logo, back when it was WWF. I think it's too soon for a LOGO change. An arena/set change, sure...

SuperSlim
09-09-2005, 11:28 PM
3 hours? they better put on soem real good stuff. I'm just wonderin how they gonna do that. They can't even get their PPV's to last that long.

RottingFreak
09-09-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm guessing the night will be filled with promos/backstage segments and a few matches.

SuperSlim
09-09-2005, 11:56 PM
so basically just like your typical Raw

Corkscrewed
09-10-2005, 01:57 AM
You know... personally, instead of hyping the returns of stale old characters, how about they hype some crazy insane maybe PPV quality matches?

Ya know... have some excitement instead of egostrokement?

Lotus
09-10-2005, 03:17 AM
3 hours: way too long. I watch like 1 hour a month.

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Yeah, they've had the current design for quite awhile. SD could use something new as well.

So now RAW can actually be open about slapping us in the face when we watch. :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2005, 03:37 AM
The current RAW logo and parallelogram design has been around for about 3-4 years, no? Before then it was the stencil "RAW IS WAR" rectangular logo, back when it was WWF. I think it's too soon for a LOGO change. An arena/set change, sure...

You're probably right. I'm just getting sick of the red/blue dynamic. Maybe a slight colour change or something? I think SmackDown! could have used a new logo for their change to Friday nights.

owenbrown
09-10-2005, 06:48 AM

No if they put something on top of the Titantron it'll be more than likely some kind of HHH altar that he and/or the WWE will make the superstars, fans, etc. bow down to. :shifty:

Kane Knight
09-10-2005, 07:51 AM
( Because honestly. Carlitos Cabana is the most overrated thing ever. Its not funny. Its slow and Carlito seems like he cant think of material )

Fucking drama Queens.

Xero
09-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Hopefully they'll come up with some great matches. If not, it's just going to be twenty promos and three matches.

If they change the set, they'd need to change the logo because it fits with the current set. The logo is basically the word 'RAW' with the current titantron around it, just like the last logo was the words 'RAW IS WAR' (or just 'RAW') with the old titantron around it.

XL
09-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Set changes would seriously ruin SmackDown! vs Raw 2006!! :shifty:

Kane Knight
09-10-2005, 09:08 AM
<s>Hopefully they'll come up with some great matches.</s> I<s>f not, i</s>t's just going to be twenty promos and three matches.

SuperSlim
09-10-2005, 10:14 AM
You know... personally, instead of hyping the returns of stale old characters, how about they hype some crazy insane maybe PPV quality matches?

Ya know... have some excitement instead of egostrokement?

I actually have an idea similar to that. INstead of hyping the older talent and stuff... how about. ole I dunno...

hyping the newer younger talent?

vampiro03
09-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I actually have an idea similar to that. INstead of hyping the older talent and stuff... how about. ole I dunno...

hyping the newer younger talent?

thats exactly what they did when they gave the titles to batista and cena. they were midcard talent. nostalgia=ratings. people love to relive some of the best times in the buisness. when it was FUN to watch raw and nitro.

Londoner
09-10-2005, 07:52 PM
so basically just like your typical Raw

Except, as KK mentioned earlier, it's featuring......... HOGAN!: :shifty:

Kane Knight
09-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Except, as KK mentioned earlier, it's featuring......... HOGAN!: :shifty:

*Marks da fuck oot*

Shit, those fucking Canadians and their subliminal messages...

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2005, 08:20 PM
JR said in his most recent Ross Report that he wants to see a 2/3 Falls Match on TV. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels or Kurt Angle vs. Shelton Benjamin having this match on a 3-hour RAW would be an effective way to get it in.

Kane Knight
09-10-2005, 08:25 PM
thats exactly what they did when they gave the titles to batista and cena. they were midcard talent. nostalgia=ratings. people love to relive some of the best times in the buisness. when it was FUN to watch raw and nitro.

It was fun to watch Raw and Nitro when cripples ruled the ring?

Okay, that actually WAS true of Nitro, but when Austin and Hogan were big, each of them were still in decent shape. Triple H used to be the man, instead of the poison vince has injected into the WWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe...And Foley? Foley still is...He's just not a wrestler anymore.

We're not getting Hogan vs the Giant or Michaels vs Hart or Rock vs Austin or Mankind vs Taker. We're getting some retired wrestlers, most of which can't perform anymore. That's less like nostalgia (where you'd watch those matches for old time's sake) and more like learning there's no Santa Claus, and your dad's not a superhero (And whatever other myths kids go under).

...Sorry if there are any spoilers there.

mrslackalack
09-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Will RVD be back by then?

Destor
09-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Maybe, but I doubt it.