PDA

View Full Version : Ken Kennedy sucks

Savio
09-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Wow he can announce him self when he gets in the ring :|

Drakul
09-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Somewhere Alienoid and others are dying.

KingofOldSchool
09-11-2005, 02:44 AM
I agree.

KingofOldSchool
09-11-2005, 02:45 AM
I can do commentary while taking a shit, put me on Raw.

Drakul
09-11-2005, 02:46 AM
I almost passed out impersonating JR :$ just cos of all the yelling and stuff.

Impact!
09-11-2005, 02:47 AM
^^That certainly would draw in ratings.........from sick fucks, but ratings none the less.

Drakul
09-11-2005, 02:48 AM
I was like 12 and had just finished running around for hours. Good times :y:

KingofOldSchool
09-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Me: IT'S THE BIG SHOW!
JR: I don't see The Big Show.
Me: IT'S IN MY BAH GAWD TOILET!

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2005, 05:17 AM
The guy introduces himself with flare and charisma. He has good wrestling skills and one of the better looking finishers in the business today.

Don't believe me? The crowd REACTS to him. They don't react to anyone else no matter how much mic time they get, or how many good matches they wrestle. Kennedy does.

Some people have compared him to The Rock in terms of charisma, the moment I saw him I became a mark. He may not get it done for a few years, but I personally believe Mr Kennedy is a potential MEGASTAR.

You can dislike him, but saying he sucks is a bit of a ridiculous gesture, because he's done in three SD! appearaces what some people can't do in a lifetime.

KayfabeMan
09-11-2005, 05:48 AM
:lol: WoW, today's fans like you - you must be good.

It's like that stupid lady on that infomercial, "They let you try it free? It must be good!" Yeah, well, you can go get AIDS for free too, but that isn't all that swell.

Taking the opinion of today's wrestling fans on their thoughts of a particular wrestler, athlete or performer is a total joke. I get that the "fans" matter because they're the ones spending money on tickets, etc. - but 5,000 empty seats can't be wrong. The standards for today's wrestlers are so low that William Hung could put on tights and win the Championship by next week.

When you look at sales, where does WWE make the most money? Not off of live event tickets, not off live event merchandise - but off of DVD's and figures of wrestlers from 10, 20, 30 years ago. There's a bigger fanbase out there for wrestlers from that time period than for your current product - and [while I'm personally glad, because they do deserve it] there is something wrong with that fact. Wake up Vince.

Hired Hitman
09-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Kennedy Announcing himself is annoying I.e. People hate him because he is annoying, but they have to respect the fact he is undefeated on Smackdown.

Rob
09-11-2005, 06:50 AM
He is a heel. You are meant to hate him.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2005, 08:01 AM
His backstage segment with Sharmell was great... Mainly for him popping back in to say his name. His music on the other hand sounds off.

Dave Youell
09-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Kennedy has....................IT!

Just John
09-11-2005, 09:31 AM
...Kennedy

Kane Knight
09-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I can do commentary while taking a shit, put me on Raw.

I'd pay to see that. It'd have to be better than watching JR.

TerranRich
09-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Wow he can announce him self when he gets in the ring :|
Lemme guess...you're a Cena/Batista mark, right? ;)

Boondock Saint
09-11-2005, 11:53 AM
His backstage segment with Sharmell was great... Mainly for him popping back in to say his name.

LOL, loved that.

Destor
09-11-2005, 11:55 AM
What makes Ken Kenedy suck?

Morgan
09-11-2005, 12:22 PM
MMMMMMMMMIIIIISTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! KENNNNNNNNEDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

...KENNEDY!

Savio
09-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Lemme guess...you're a Cena/Batista mark, right? ;)No, shut up and do your homework.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Seriously. All Kennedy needs, IMO, is a second finisher, and he's set. Don't get me wrong, I love the one he's using, but he also needs something that he can hit out of nowhere, and on bigger people ( I can't see someone like Batista, Undertaker, and some other bigger guys taking the move)

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Also, he needs a name for his finisher.

Destor
09-11-2005, 12:44 PM
agreed^

Gertner
09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Kennedy is friggen great

Destor
09-11-2005, 12:47 PM
agreed^

Deceit
09-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Kennedy has everything to become a major player in the WWE.

Stickman
09-11-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't watch Smackdown because well, it's awful and now it's on Fridays. But the first night Kennedy was on at first I was like, "FUCK not another piss break wrestler" then for whatever reason I kept it on and watched. I seriously was impressed and thought he reminded me of The Ringmaster Steve Austin. A guy with charisma and skill but no real gimmick.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Im trying to think of names for his finisher.

Echo of Greatness maybe?

Kane Knight
09-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Also, he needs a name for his finisher.

Ken KEnnedy Krusher.

Kane Knight
09-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't watch Smackdown because well, it's awful and now it's on Fridays. But the first night Kennedy was on at first I was like, "FUCK not another piss break wrestler" then for whatever reason I kept it on and watched. I seriously was impressed and thought he reminded me of The Ringmaster Steve Austin. A guy with charisma and skill but no real gimmick.

They probably feel that an intense feud with Tony Chimmel will get him over without a gimmick.

KayfabeMan
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Kennedy has everything to become a major player in the WWE.

So does a broomstick.

Savio
09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I bet aston kutcher could become Crusier weight champ if he wanted.

Nervous Ferret
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
The Kennidizer!

Corkscrewed
09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
The people who bash him seem to just say "he's nothing special," but I've yet to see anyone really give a reason. It's like you don't like him because he's got fanboys now.

I dunno... I'd just like to hear what you think is bad about him. I mean, people like KooS and Kayfabe Man are posters who have credible opinions, so I just wanna know why you hate him.

KingofOldSchool
09-11-2005, 08:30 PM
IMO, he's annoying on the microphone. When he starts talking I want to hit the mute button or turn it to something less annoying, like a Ready To Rumble movie marathon. And in the ring he's just like a run of the mill Heat jobber.

I mean I know people like him and all, that's cool...he just doesn't cut it for me.

Savio
09-11-2005, 08:41 PM
He's annoying on the mic, wastes time, and is an average wrestler.

TerranRich
09-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Echo of Greatness maybe?
:yes: :yes: :yes:

That is an excellent name for his finisher. Watch WWE use it now. :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Im trying to think of names for his finisher.

Echo of Greatness maybe?

Echo of Greatness is good. I think that would be a good name for his secondary finishing mvoe, though.

In OVW, and the independants probably, his move was called the "Kenton Bomb", which I really like. On wwe.com they've used the term "Regal Roll" and on his superstars page it has it listed as the "Green Bay Plunge". I personally like Kenton Bomb out of all the official names so far. Green Bay Plunge is my middle pick and Regal Roll comes in dead last.

But how about calling it "MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....FINISHER...Finisher"?

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
:lol: WoW, today's fans like you - you must be good.

I think you missed my point. Out of all the new characters (The Conman, The Bashman, "Damaja" "The Danman" "The Basham II" Danny Basham, etc.) Ken Kennedy has actually gotten OVER. Fans want to see more of him, something they haven't indicated with the other guys. As much as I like all those other guys, Kennedy as out-done them as far as getting a good start goes.

I know, you're probably thinking "So your point is he's the best of the worst?", but honestly, the average WWE fan doesn't give a crap about the little guys right now, but Kennedy is already an acceptable mid-carder.

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
IMO, he's annoying on the microphone. When he starts talking I want to hit the mute button or turn it to something less annoying, like a Ready To Rumble movie marathon. And in the ring he's just like a run of the mill Heat jobber.

I mean I know people like him and all, that's cool...he just doesn't cut it for me.

That's fair enough. You don't have to like a guy. I personally disagree with your opinion, since I think he's quite the good wrestler from what we've seen, and he's more than ready for the big time. Plus I think his mic skills are good. I think he deliberately tries to sound annoying to get under our skin, but he's gotten the point accross in all his promos (well his one promo), and I think when he finds a feud he'll be able to cut some really good and effective promos.

He's annoying on the mic, wastes time, and is an average wrestler.

Again, you are entitled to your own opinion. I disagree with him being an "average" wrestler, I'd lean more towards "good", but anyway, who in the WWE these days is allowed to be a "excellent" wrestler? I'm not trying to look like I'm a sheep of these guys here, but Ken Kennedy supposedly impressed both Jim Cornette and Paul Heyman in OVW. They are about as different as you can get, both with outstanding minds for the business. That means you must have something.

I don't see how he wastes time. He goes out there, plays the character he is supposed to play, and wrestles the match he is supposed to wrestle. He is actually quite time efficient in the ring, if you ask me.

You are entitled to not like his gimmick, but when he is on the mic he has presence. There is not one person who is not aware when Ken Kennedy is cutting a promo in the arena, and when he's out there he demands the spotlight. Whether or not you like him, that is something a big star in the business needs to be able to do.

You can call him annoying if you want, but Cena annoys me, yet he is one of the most over guys in the company. My opinion is just as valid as the next guys, but unfortunately, I'm in the minority.

On a side note, my nephew (who is ten years old), absolutely despises Cena, dislikes Batista (but doesn't dislike him as much as Cena, he's just not his favourite superstar) and when I walke din on him watching a SmackDown! re-run yesterday, he said "This guy is awesome," when Mr Kennedy was doing his stuff. Now it may not mean anything, but my nephew is your basic fan, yet he enjoys Ken Kennedy. I think there is seriously money in the guy.

Kane Knight
09-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I think he's an average wrestler, and I'm one of the KEneddy supporters.

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I think he's an average wrestler, and I'm one of the KEneddy supporters.

Fair enough, but I think he's good. I really like some of the spots he and Funaki used in their first match in his Velocity debut.

Kane Knight
09-11-2005, 09:49 PM
I loved how he really sold Booker two weeks ago.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Actually, I loved that little double kick/spinning heel kick he did. ( Ken goes this big ass kick, Booker ducks, and Ken follows through in one swift motion with a heel kick, catching him on the jaw.) Slickness.

He'll probably feud with Booker T, Benoit. Personally, I'm waiting for the Burchill Benoit food. That'll be golden. I also think that eventually, WWE will pair Kennedy and Burchhill, with Regal trying to turn Kennedy into a more serious fighter (like Burchill). Of course, Kennedy will eventually turn face, become more self absorbed than ever, and feud with Regal and Burchill.

Good stuff.

KayfabeMan
09-12-2005, 01:09 AM
The people who bash him seem to just say "he's nothing special," but I've yet to see anyone really give a reason. It's like you don't like him because he's got fanboys now.

I dunno... I'd just like to hear what you think is bad about him. I mean, people like KooS and Kayfabe Man are posters who have credible opinions, so I just wanna know why you hate him.

His in-ring skills are no better than anyone else's on the indy scene. I could name 2 dozen indy guys that are FAR better in the ring than he is, and have proven they're more deserving of a spot than he is. He's someone I'd expect to see jobbing to Fit Finlay on WCW Saturday Night in 1998.

His supposed "mic skills" are indescribably bad. There is nothing great about doing your own announcing, and doing a mediocre job in the process; and a lack of overall promo skills. There are a bunch of other guys out there more deserving of his spot, especially guys within the company, and yet they are focusing the future of their company on mediocre, everyday talents.

I remember back when it used to mean something to wrestle for WWF/WWE; now as long as you suck, you're guaranteed a job. A good percentage of the roster blows, and their developmental system is basically developing a group of sucky talents [Johnny Swinger, The Shanes, etc.]

Corkscrewed
09-12-2005, 02:59 AM
To Savior & KoOS:

So basically, an opinion thing. Fair enough then. :wave:

Corkscrewed
09-12-2005, 03:01 AM
Erm... and Kayfabeman too. totally missed the second page when I replied. :o

KayfabeMan
09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
:lol:

Loose Cannon
09-12-2005, 08:10 AM
still haven't seen him

Mr. Nerfect
09-12-2005, 08:23 AM
His in-ring skills are no better than anyone else's on the indy scene. I could name 2 dozen indy guys that are FAR better in the ring than he is, and have proven they're more deserving of a spot than he is. He's someone I'd expect to see jobbing to Fit Finlay on WCW Saturday Night in 1998.

His supposed "mic skills" are indescribably bad. There is nothing great about doing your own announcing, and doing a mediocre job in the process; and a lack of overall promo skills. There are a bunch of other guys out there more deserving of his spot, especially guys within the company, and yet they are focusing the future of their company on mediocre, everyday talents.

I remember back when it used to mean something to wrestle for WWF/WWE; now as long as you suck, you're guaranteed a job. A good percentage of the roster blows, and their developmental system is basically developing a group of sucky talents [Johnny Swinger, The Shanes, etc.]

If that's your opinion.

Truth is though, anyone of those dozen indy guys would be toned down in the WWE so someone else will be online saying "They suck, I can name better guys than them!", I'm not trying to imply your brainless or anything (anyone with Conan as their avatar has my respect), but there will always be people who think one guy sucks and others are more deserving.

Right now, Kennedy is running with the ball he's been given, and I am happy for him.

Favre4Ever
09-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Running with "the ball"? There is no ball for Ken Kennedy. He's been on television for three weeks. He isn't even allowed to to touch the ball yet.

And earlier in this thread, I think somebody actually said that Kennedy reminded them of a young Steve Austin. Shut up. Every single time a new wrestler and looks talented, a bunch of people in this forum scream "He reminds me of the ROCK!!" What they aren't telling you is that everyone reminds them of the Rock.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 10:45 AM
His in-ring skills are no better than anyone else's on the indy scene. I could name 2 dozen indy guys that are FAR better in the ring than he is, and have proven they're more deserving of a spot than he is.

So what? There are better wrestlers in the WWE. There are better wrestlers who have been fired. Remember Ultimo Dragon?

Even popular wrestlers aren't allowed to cut loose. Do you really think these guys would be that spectacular in the WWE? Look at everyone talking about Burchill's greatness, and suddenly he's a brawler with an armbar finisher.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Running with "the ball"? There is no ball for Ken Kennedy. He's been on television for three weeks. He isn't even allowed to to touch the ball yet.

And earlier in this thread, I think somebody actually said that Kennedy reminded them of a young Steve Austin. Shut up. Every single time a new wrestler and looks talented, a bunch of people in this forum scream "He reminds me of the ROCK!!" What they aren't telling you is that everyone reminds them of the Rock.

Name some.

Go on, name some people who always say that. Name the people they've mentioned it about. You can't? Oh, that's right, because your argument is full of shit. :)

Destor
09-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Burchill is great even as a brawler with a armbar finish.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, he's great as a generic wrestler. :|

The One
09-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Ken Kennedy isn't great. He isn't bad. He has been on TV for 3 fucking weeks, he barley is noticable yet.

mrslackalack
09-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I look for him to beat Benoit for the U.S. title before the year is over.

Destor
09-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes, he's great as a generic wrestler. :|
Considering there aren't any generic wrestlers in the WWE, he doesn't seem so generic.

KayfabeMan
09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
So what? There are better wrestlers in the WWE. There are better wrestlers who have been fired. Remember Ultimo Dragon?

Even popular wrestlers aren't allowed to cut loose. Do you really think these guys would be that spectacular in the WWE? Look at everyone talking about Burchill's greatness, and suddenly he's a brawler with an armbar finisher.

Right, and everyone's all up on this guy's shit like he's something fantastic. He's mediocre at best in all aspects of performing, and with the way people are hyping him it'd seem like he's going to make the company millions.

Favre4Ever
09-12-2005, 07:04 PM
I guess the first name that pops into mind are Orton and Cena........but you never really hear anybody talk about them being the next big thing anymore, do you KK? And if Orton and Cena couldn't do it, i'm betting Ken Kennedy can't.

Favre4Ever
09-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Kennedy beating Benoit before the year is over? Right....

Mr. Nerfect
09-12-2005, 07:22 PM

They've given Kennedy TV time, and he's done more than he was expected to do with it. That's what I call running with the ball. Getting an opportunity and going at it all cylinders. Whether or not you like Mr Kennedy, you cannot deny he's made his own little impact.

People say people remind them of someone SOMETIMES because they do. John Cena reminded people of Sting because was the ruthless rookie trying to mke an impact. Randy Orton reminded people of The Rock because he was the young blue chipper turned arrogant asshole. Sometimes people remind people of other people because aspects of their characters are THE SAME. There is no crime in that.

And by the way, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ken Kennedy beat Chris Benoit for the WWE United States Championship this year. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Kayfabe is losing his smile. :(

Wait... Did he ever smile? :?:

Your lack of faith in the business is disturbing.

Ideas for comeback: 'I find Vince's lack of faith in talented wrestlers disturbing' 'I lost my smile the same day Vince lost his mind' 'KENNEDY SUCKS!' That last one really isn't your style, though.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
I guess the first name that pops into mind are Orton and Cena........but you never really hear anybody talk about them being the next big thing anymore, do you KK? And if Orton and Cena couldn't do it, i'm betting Ken Kennedy can't.

Actually people still say that they are the "equivalent."

The people who have said it that I've seen generally admit they're not on the same level, but compare the roles. Apparently you're not good with the comprehension but though. You can name two people that posters claim are the next Rock "all the time?"

You lose. You failed to back up your argument, especially since the two examples you gave is wrong, both by your original statement, AND by the statement nobody says it anymore. You just don't understand what they're saying.

Now go away.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Right, and everyone's all up on this guy's shit like he's something fantastic. He's mediocre at best in all aspects of performing, and with the way people are hyping him it'd seem like he's going to make the company millions.

So because you don't like him and think he's mediocre, you're going to cling to this assanine notion that if some other performer was in his place, they'd look what? Incredible? Yeah, because we really see Burchill and RVD bust loose. Damn, Nova's looking hot.

Oh wait.

Favre4Ever
09-13-2005, 06:52 AM
k

Fignuts
09-13-2005, 12:18 PM

He's been in two five minute matches. How the fuck can you tell how good he really is in the ring from that?