PDA

View Full Version : So I couldn't really tell just by watching...

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2005, 11:21 AM
...but currently, it would appear that the number one heel on Raw is Kurt Angle. Number two would be Edge. As for number 3, it's either Carlito or Chris Masters. I can't tell which is getting pushed more.

I know the argument is easier to make for Carlito, seeing as to how he's the Intercontinental champion and all, but what does that REALLY mean anymore? Masters is actually winning matches while Carlito is hosting a talk show.

So who would you say is the number three heel right now? Carlito? Masters? Anyone I forgot about?

The One
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Masters...Carlito is more of a tweener.

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2005, 11:24 AM
If he's a tweener, then why does he cheat to win matches and he only wrestles faces? You're not likely to see him defend against a Snitsky any time soon, not to mention his allegiance to Eric Bischoff.

Destor
09-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Masters, he's got a main event fued.

The One
09-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry are you saying Carlito isn't a tweener? Well if he is a full on heel I would suggest he is actually the worst heel they currently have employed since at times his face pops out do some of those that the superstars who are pushed as faces get.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 11:30 AM
If he's a tweener, then why does he cheat to win matches and he only wrestles faces? You're not likely to see him defend against a Snitsky any time soon, not to mention his allegiance to Eric Bischoff.

That isn't hsi fa...Wait.

redoneja
09-12-2005, 12:05 PM
I would argue that Bischoff is the number one heel on Raw(even though he doesnt wrestle) with Angle closely behind him. Funny thing is that Angle usually gets a good segment of cheers during his big PPV matches. Edge would be number 3 and Masters/Carlitio are tied for 4th.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 01:09 PM
...but currently, it would appear that the number one heel on Raw is Kurt Angle. Number two would be Edge. As for number 3, it's either Carlito or Chris Masters. I can't tell which is getting pushed more.

I know the argument is easier to make for Carlito, seeing as to how he's the Intercontinental champion and all, but what does that REALLY mean anymore? Masters is actually winning matches while Carlito is hosting a talk show.

So who would you say is the number three heel right now? Carlito? Masters? Anyone I forgot about?

In terms of a push, Masters is getting a bigger one. However, that doesn't really make him a top heel. Angle could be doing Dark matches and still be the top heel on Raw. He's just that much better than 99% of the roster. Michaels could do it if his ego didn't demand Babyface adoration. Cena could get a better reaction too.

It's pretty sad that your list of heels includes a #2 who can barely draw heat, and a #3 who can't even do that. In terms of pushes, these might be the biggest. In terms of stardom, it's pathetic.

Destor
09-12-2005, 01:11 PM
I thought this topic was about push.

Kane Knight
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I would argue that Bischoff is the number one heel on Raw(even though he doesnt wrestle) with Angle closely behind him. Funny thing is that Angle usually gets a good segment of cheers during his big PPV matches. Edge would be number 3 and Masters/Carlitio are tied for 4th.

Angle gets popped for the same reason crowds didn't care for the Batista/JBL matches. Batista's mad over, and JBL's got severe heel heat, but put them in the ring, and it's not all that spectacular. Batista's not horrible, but JBL is pretty terrible and throwing a "green" wrestler in with a "shit" wrestler=bad.

Putting Angle in a match with anyone is a surefire way to make the match look 5 star, and Angle still looks GOOD even as the heel.

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry are you saying Carlito isn't a tweener? Well if he is a full on heel I would suggest he is actually the worst heel they currently have employed since at times his face pops out do some of those that the superstars who are pushed as faces get.

That happens to all the great heels.

Destor
09-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Its the natural evolution of any Heel.

PorkSoda
09-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Masters.

Why did they take the title off of Benjamin and give it to Carlito if he never defends it? Pure WWE logic.

Jaton
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Not only that, but they even brought it up in a promo.