PDA

View Full Version : Will Edge ever win the WWE Championship/World Heavyweight Championship?

James Steele
09-12-2005, 11:53 PM
I think WWE is determined to make him a main eventer, but they are waiting. So, will Edge ever be a WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Destor
09-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Yes, its almost inevitable, provided no serious injuries. The people in the back clearly like him, though it is taking them some time to do it.

dablackguy
09-13-2005, 12:10 AM
probably. But I'm still skeptical

#1 He's not really a main eventer right now, even though he is the #2 heel on raw

#2 they've been high on him for awhile, and still no real main event push.

I personally could see both, I do think he'll hold it, but not for another long while because Cena is being forced down our throats

Funky Fly
09-13-2005, 12:33 AM
It will be a jobber reign, though.

2 months or less.

Boondock Saint
09-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Prolly.

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2005, 12:36 AM
I like Edge, so I hope he does get to that spot.

I personally think he will. He's better than average in the ring, has had some classic matches and can conduct great promos (when he's given material to work with). It's only a matter of time until Edge gets his shot, and probably goes over. John Cena vs. Edge is actually a feud I think Ede would carry with his intensity and character. Provided the WWE stays on a Cena high, I think they will main event a PPV, and it will feel like the first match where Cena is in there with an "equal" (Angle, Jericho, etc. have all been superiors in the eyes of many).

Funky Fly
09-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Somehow, I think Cena is on his way out of the main event and into Benoit/Jericho territory.

Shadow
09-13-2005, 12:41 AM
...........I'm the only person who said no?

DAMN!

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Not if we're lucky. So yes.

Eunos
09-13-2005, 04:38 AM
It's going to happen.

Probably before this year is out.

WWE has been pushing Edge now since he won the 2001 King of th Ring.

Im willing to bet he would have won the belt by now had he not suffered that big injury that kept him out for a year.

Favre4Ever
09-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Haha KK, exactly.

Three years ago, when Edge had his feuds with his brother Christian, William Regal, and Kurt Angle, I had nothing against the guy. If there was a time for Edge to win the title, it was 2001-2002.

But ever since he's come back, I haven't been able to stand him. He's got a whiny personality, and none of his matches are really that great. And I think he's cheated every single time. Every single time. That brick against Benoit at Backlash? Fuck Edge.

Oh yeah, his face is weird as shit. That is all.

Dave Youell
09-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Haha KK, exactly.

Three years ago, when Edge had his feuds with his brother Christian, William Regal, and Kurt Angle, I had nothing against the guy. If there was a time for Edge to win the title, it was 2001-2002.

But ever since he's come back, I haven't been able to stand him. He's got a whiny personality, and none of his matches are really that great. And I think he's cheated every single time. Every single time. That brick against Benoit at Backlash? Fuck Edge.

I agree, but since the Hardy feud he's impressed me with his promos

The One
09-13-2005, 03:43 PM
He will...and I won't like it.

Not that I care about his backstage stuff...I just havn't enjoyed him since he ditched the more charismatic and entertaining brother in the Edge & Christian duo....does WWE still even recognize them as brothers or are we supposed to forget about that?

LK
09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I won't like it but he probably will. However it will be the reign to end all shitty reigns.

Boondock Saint
09-13-2005, 05:10 PM
He will...and I won't like it.

Not that I care about his backstage stuff...I just havn't enjoyed him since he ditched the more charismatic and entertaining brother in the Edge & Christian duo....does WWE still even recognize them as brothers or are we supposed to forget about that?

The couple recent times they tagged when Christian was on RAW JR mentioned their tag history, but I'm pretty positive their being brothers was never brought up.

Favre4Ever
09-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I think they stopped alluding to Kane being a dentist as well.

vampiro03
09-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I think they stopped alluding to Kane being a dentist as well.

and diesel

.44 Magdalene
09-13-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Matthew Lilla--...erm...Edge...but yeah, I'm thinking he's going to hold the big belt at some point as well.

mrslackalack
09-14-2005, 01:43 PM
I predict he will win it by Summerslam 2006.

Dorkchop
09-14-2005, 01:53 PM
He will win it. The only downside is that it might be a boring title reign. Edge would be a more meaningful heavyweight champion if he was a face. I think if Angle beats Cena at Unforgiven, Edge might use his contract for Mania. The only thing is that one of them would have to be a face, and I can't see Edge turning face any time soon. He'd still get his ass booed. Maybe not. I don't know.

Londoner
09-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I reckon he'll win it at the royal rumble or survivor series.

Jordan
09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I think they should push him as a psycho, whose obsession is the WWE Title... make him cut those great promos and do some sick stuff in the ring... I think he would be a huge huge draw. But I don't see a feud with him an Cena drawing for a ppv like Wrestlemania. Maybe a face Triple H.

Gone Mad
09-14-2005, 03:25 PM
I sense like Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania (Money in the Bank, remember? Right??) is possibly the time they give him his shot for the belt. As much as I hate it, I KNOW they'll give it to him.

I fully agree with hulkamania320, I liked Edge somewhat in the early years, but when they CRAMMED him down our throats acouple of years ago and said "HEY, YOU LIKE THIS GUY OR WE WILL KILL YOUR PARENTS!" and main-evented his ass everyday, I HATED HIM TO DEATH! I still don't like him, BUT.. yea, even one of the biggest Edge haters, I give him his props now. He has entertained me, not as much as everyone else, but he's doing something right. So, one day as much as I won't like it, Edge will get his shot but for now, get used to him.