PDA

View Full Version : John Cena is growing on me

The Naitch
09-16-2005, 03:47 AM
Sure he's not a "cool" as he was in 2003, but his presence on RAW is reminding me of Rock around 2000. He's growing on me like that genital wart Ferret gave me last spring.

All he needs is a credible foe after Angle (ie someone like Masters could really step up and benefit here. Heel Triple H would be cool too)

Funky Fly
09-16-2005, 04:30 AM
He also needs to start rapping again. Less catchphrases, moresubstance.

It's like the WWE did to him what MTV did to music.

RP
09-16-2005, 05:51 AM
I think you need help. He's no where near being compared to the Rock. His phrases are lame. His in ring work is lame and his appearnece is plain. He's a paper champion being shoved down the throat of 16 year old who think rappers= badass. Triple H was a better champion and more entertaining by a mile...

Pinnacle Charisma
09-16-2005, 08:05 AM
I don’t understand why everyone is always comparing cena to the rock. It destroys the rocks legacy when someone says that. If Cena is like anyone is Hulk Hogan (recently anyway).

They have similar wrestling styles which are not doing much all much until pulling out a few token moves and winning the match. And both their promos are alike as well. Eg- Im going to win this match for all the……… (hulkamaniacs, chain gang ) etc etc.

And both in my opinion are stale as hell

Impact!
09-16-2005, 08:17 AM
^ damn straight, I mean that's exactly why there both over as hell. :roll:

Pinnacle Charisma
09-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Yeah but just because there over but that dosnt mean I have to enjoy them.

Both of them do nothing for me.

I think the biggest reason I dont "mark out" is that he appeals to patroic americans who grew up watching wrestling when Hogan was the man. Im not american and didnt grow up watching him.

And why I don't like Cena. I don't think I have to answer that do I. It is kinda obivous isnt it

Hardkore Kidd J
09-16-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't really like Cena any more he's bland he's over rated. I liked it when Cena would come out and start rapping. You know when he was a heel and would just diss the town he was in, in his rap. That's when he was good.

SuperSlim
09-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Cena = Rock? :nono:

Cena = Hogan? :nono:

Cena takes plain blandness to a whole nother level. At least when Hogan was feuding with HBK in the promo wars he was at least watchable. But really, Cena is nowhere near Hogan. And Cena is now light years away from The Rock.

Cena comes out and says somethin about the chain gang then drops his already played out phrase "If you want some, come get some."

They need to eventually turn him heel or let him come up with some freestyles of his own. Until then all Cena is gonna attract is 150 screaming 16 year old teenage girls wanting to touch him.

Also let him actually do some stuff in the ring. All he does now are a bunch of punches, maybe a suplex. Then there is that spinout powerbomb, the 5 knuckle shuffle(totally lame) and the FU. That is all of Cena's offense. Besides a couple of kicks as well. It's time they let Cena loose and do something. If they do that then he can actually be entertaining. He does actually have the skills in him, it's just they are holding him back fo some reason.

Kane Knight
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
He also needs to start rapping again. Less catchphrases, moresubstance.

It's like the WWE did to him what MTV did to music.

You mean they gave him a spot on the board of one of their companies? :eek:

Oh, you meant.

Kane Knight
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I don’t understand why everyone is always comparing cena to the rock. It destroys the rocks legacy when someone says that. If Cena is like anyone is Hulk Hogan (recently anyway).

They have similar wrestling styles which are not doing much all much until pulling out a few token moves and winning the match. And both their promos are alike as well. Eg- Im going to win this match for all the……… (hulkamaniacs, chain gang ) etc etc.

And both in my opinion are stale as hell

Yeah, the Rock never did it for the people, he was never only about a couple token moves he busted out....

Loose Cannon
09-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Cena = Rock? :nono:

Cena = Hogan? :nono:

Cena takes plain blandness to a whole nother level. At least when Hogan was feuding with HBK in the promo wars he was at least watchable. But really, Cena is nowhere near Hogan. And Cena is now light years away from The Rock.

Cena comes out and says somethin about the chain gang then drops his already played out phrase "If you want some, come get some."

They need to eventually turn him heel or let him come up with some freestyles of his own. Until then all Cena is gonna attract is 150 screaming 16 year old teenage girls wanting to touch him.

Also let him actually do some stuff in the ring. All he does now are a bunch of punches, maybe a suplex. Then there is that spinout powerbomb, the 5 knuckle shuffle(totally lame) and the FU. That is all of Cena's offense. Besides a couple of kicks as well. It's time they let Cena loose and do something. If they do that then he can actually be entertaining. He does actually have the skills in him, it's just they are holding him back fo some reason.

Yea, but you're not gonna tell me that Rock's "If Ya Smellll what the Rock is cooking" catch phrase wasn't played out by the 100th time hearing it.

And the Rock had like 5 moves that were for the audience to pop too, just like Cena.

Basically Cena 2005 is WWE's version of the Rock in 2000

Kane Knight
09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Then there is that spinout powerbomb (3), the 5 knuckle shuffle(totally lame)(2) and the FU(1). That is all of Cena's offense. Besides a couple of kicks as well. It's time they let Cena loose and do something. If they do that then he can actually be entertaining. He does actually have the skills in him, it's just they are holding him back fo some reason.

Replace:

1. With the Rock Bottom
2. With the People's Elbow
3. With the Spinebuster

And you've just described the Rock.

Impact!
09-16-2005, 11:51 AM
:lol: nice KK

SuperSlim
09-16-2005, 11:53 AM
I can see the similarities. I know they are there.

I know Rock's "If ya smellllll..." was played out after like the 20th time it was said but Rock had that something extra. That extra spark. that extra electircity, that bit of edge/charisma that Cena doesn't. That's why I can't really put Cena 2005 in the same category as Rock 2000

Impact!
09-16-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't think Cena is on level with the Rock, The Rock just had....it, but if Cena was let loose abit more I think he could certainly get close to Rock-ness..

Kane Knight
09-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I can see the similarities. I know they are there.

I know Rock's "If ya smellllll..." was played out after like the 20th time it was said but Rock had that something extra. That extra spark. that extra electircity, that bit of edge/charisma that Cena doesn't. That's why I can't really put Cena 2005 in the same category as Rock 2000

Which is why crowds don't pop him.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

SuperSlim
09-16-2005, 01:04 PM
true.

Favre4Ever
09-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey Kane Knight, remember when I said everyone on this forum is always comparing Cena and Orton to the Rock, and you said "Name someone"?

Ahem.....

Psycho C
09-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Why don't we compare Cena to Big Vis?

The ladies love both of them, don't they?
:shifty:

Corkscrewed
09-16-2005, 03:57 PM
He does actually have the skills in him, it's just they are holding him back fo some reason.
You mean like they do with... everyone? You get to the top level, and you can't showcase your best skills. Simple as that.

Ironic, really.

FourFifty
09-16-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm not a Cena fan... He's a better brawler than he is a wrestler, his gimmick sucks, he can't rap, and I don't like him... But to quote a very wise man, <i>"That's not a bad thing. In fact, it's a good thing!"</i>
Because of Cena I've serisouly marked out for Kurt. I'm talking sitting in front of my TV all but yelling at Kurt to break his fuckin' ankle. So I don't like Cena, big deal. I'm not a fan of The Undertaker and I was marking out like hell when Hassan's henchmen (THEY'RE NOT ARABS!!!!) beat the shit out of him.

Jonster
09-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Literally?

PullMyFinger
09-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Do you smell what the Chaingang cooking?

Kane Knight
09-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey Kane Knight, remember when I said everyone on this forum is always comparing Cena and Orton to the Rock, and you said "Name someone"?

Ahem.....

Everyone and Always...You still lose. :)

RottingFreak
09-17-2005, 05:35 AM
I agree with everyone that Cena should turn heel. Him as a face is what I describe as a CORNY as hell face. Him as a heel is a lot more believable. And what's with that stupid scream he did at the last RAW..? That was so fng retarded. Jesus Christ...

Eunos
09-17-2005, 06:51 AM
I can definatly see Cena in a few years time moving on to other interests but will be like Rock.
Still under Contract but will show up once every Blue moon and stuff.

BigDaddyCool
09-18-2005, 02:14 AM
John Cena is growing on me

You know there is a creme for that.

Impact!
09-18-2005, 02:18 AM
:lol: