PDA

View Full Version : What will they do with RVD now?

Londoner
09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
I was just thinking about this considering what happened on Raw a couple of months ago, when Carlito spat the apple in RVD's face and 'injured his knee' even more.I thought Cralito and RVD were going to feud over the IC title, but since now Flair is the champ, what do you guys think they will do with RVD?I geuss it would make sence to put him in a feud with Carlito, but it would be kinda pointless without the title involved, imo.

To me it seems like they were just looking for an excuse to make RVD look like shit.

Destor
09-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Its really perfect. RVD comes in, beats down Carlito and isn't held down by the IC title. This will allow him to move past mid card. Carlito dropping the title is the best thing that could have happend for Van Dam.

Londoner
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
I disagree, a feud for the title for RVD would've got RVD more over than just a normal feud, I could actually imagine him winning it against someone like Carlito, but now it looks like its going to Masters.

The Fox
09-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Its really perfect. RVD comes in, beats down Carlito and isn't held down by the IC title. This will allow him to move past mid card. Carlito dropping the title is the best thing that could have happend for Van Dam.

I agree:y:

Destor
09-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Most the time when a guy is returning from injury he doesn't go for the IC title. He has a filler feud and then on to main event pasture, the powers that be are looking very highly on RVD, he fixing to take off in a big way. If he wins the IC title he will be stuck in mid card hell, coming back to a squash match with Carlito will make him look above mid card, thus (hopefully) sending him to the main event. He is finnally gonna get the push he needs, and I think hes ready for it.

Londoner
09-21-2005, 06:11 PM
How would you know it would be a squash match though?I can't picture Carlito going over rvd...

Destor
09-21-2005, 06:20 PM
I dont know it for a fact, but history repeats itself. It might be wishful thinking but I dont think so.

Nark Order
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Hopefully Hardy turns heel and stays on RAW. I would like to see a monster RVD/Hardy fued.

Favre4Ever
09-21-2005, 10:49 PM
I think RVD could of had an awesome feud with a heel Shawn Michaels......but they took that option away.

Jaton
09-21-2005, 11:05 PM
They'll get him to main event level and bury him. He gets the Triple H treatment.

Londoner
09-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Actually Jaton, I reckon masters will do that for triple H this time round.

Chavo Classic
09-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I would like to see a monster RVD/Hardy fued.

:shifty: Why? There's very little history between the two. Hardy is not the most talented performer in the ring either. I'd rather RVD enter a high profile feud with someone who could bring the best out of both of them - perhaps HBK or Angle?

RottingFreak
09-22-2005, 08:48 PM
So does anyone know when RVD is coming back? It sure would good to see RVD these days on RAW.

Sadistic
09-22-2005, 08:54 PM
It would be one of my favourite moments in wrestling history if RVD comes back and brings with him the ECW TV or Heavyweight title.
It may be a possibility. On his DVD he says that he wants WWE to bring back the hardcore title. His last big thing was ECW one night stand. And on raw he said that he will take raw to the extreme.

Jaton
09-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't read too much into that statement.

Destor
09-23-2005, 08:55 AM
So does anyone know when RVD is coming back? It sure would good to see RVD these days on RAW.
I ain't got a fuck'n clue but I hope its soon, I cant wait to see the push this guys is gonna get. This may be the first time I take Van Dam in the WWE seriously.

Londoner
09-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Don't get your hopes up.

Destor
09-23-2005, 09:33 AM
What a surprise, negativity. I'm shocked.

Destor
09-23-2005, 09:58 AM
After the ONS "shoot" the WWE saw what the whole fuckn show was all about, and they liked it. Hence the his re-drafting to RAW and his mini "shoot." I cant remember where I read this (I think Van Dams website) but an official came up to him and said something along the lines "thats it, thats what you've been missing," to which Van Dam replied "I had it all along."

They are going to give him a ball to play with, and probably a big one with the shortage of solid faces on RAW, and I'm sure he is ready to run with it. I have been against Van Dam since probably 2002, but now I'm on the RVD bandwagon, in six months I wont be alone.

Jaton
09-23-2005, 10:01 AM
He has the ability, talent, overness and everything to be the top GUY in the company. Not just "one" of the top, but THE top. Will mgmt let it happen? No.

Jaton
09-23-2005, 10:01 AM
There's more chance of Hogan cleanly jobbing to Hardcore Holly than RVD getting pushed to the moon, in my opinion. I'd love to be wrong about it though. I've always liked RVD.

Destor
09-23-2005, 10:11 AM
If (and this is going on Van Dams word) ONS and the ECW DVD both his ideas then he clearly has backstage push, (i.e management is high on him) I always thought that Van Dam major flaw was the lack of Mic skills, he might have them now, and if that was the only thing holding him back hes is going straight to the top. Once H gets the title there gonna need someone to feed him any how, so I'm sure at the very least he will get a main event out of all this.

Londoner
09-23-2005, 10:12 AM
After the ONS "shoot" the WWE saw what the whole fuckn show was all about, and they liked it. Hence the his re-drafting to RAW and his mini "shoot." I cant remember where I read this (I think Van Dams website) but an official came up to him and said something along the lines "thats it, thats what you've been missing," to which Van Dam replied "I had it all along."

They are going to give him a ball to play with, and probably a big one with the shortage of solid faces on RAW, and I'm sure he is ready to run with it. I have been against Van Dam since probably 2002, but now I'm on the RVD bandwagon, in six months I wont be alone.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope you're right, but lets be realistic for a minute, remember what happened last time RVD was pushed to the main event?I got my hopes up then, and they got squashed.Why should I put my faith back in the WWE now just because of ONS?I saw that promo, and it was amazing, but I'm not going to get my hopes up again.

It's not my fault i'm negative about it, it's the WWE's fault...or Snitsky's.

Jaton
09-23-2005, 10:14 AM
My sentiments exactly. I don't want to be disappointed, so my expectations are low. RVD is among my top favorites ever, right up there with Jericho even, so you can't say I dislike the guy. I just don't see it happening.

Blame it on Triple H.

Destor
09-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I see where your coming from, I was there for three Dam ( :lol: ) years myself. But I'm as sure as I'm gonna get that this time is the real deal, Van Dam could be the next HBK. I know, bold statement, but they are gonna need a new break out star real soon, with the USA deal and all. Van Dam as all the attributes necessary and I think he's got the backing, but the only thing I can do is wait. :( I guess where just arguing opnions so we will have to wait for me to be wrong.........or vice versa.

Jaton
09-23-2005, 10:27 AM
I WANT to be wrong.

Londoner
09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Same here-Jaton.

Destor
09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I hope you are.

Chavo Classic
09-23-2005, 10:49 AM
He has the ability, talent, overness and everything to be the top GUY in the company. Not just "one" of the top, but THE top. Will mgmt let it happen? No.

Three years ago I'd be saying the same thing. He seemed to have gotten lazy and complacent since then. He didn't try anything innovative. He didn't do anything different. If anything, his in-ring performances were getting worse.

In my opinion, its up to the wrestler to throw themselves into every opportunity. He could have put forward a new idea, tried a few new moves, even tried to improve his mic skills in the direction that the WWE wanted.

It shouldn't have taken such a long time until ONS for RVD to take the bull by the horns and do something different. He went to management and told them he was doing a shoot and (partly because of the occassion) they said ok.

The WWE isn't menacing. It doesn't say NO to everything and everyone. Van Dam has himself partly to blame. His complacency got him in this situation, and the WWE kept him there because they assumed he was content.

Jaton
09-23-2005, 11:18 AM
You may have a point.

blake639raw
09-23-2005, 11:35 AM
RVD would just have been told to shut up anyways if he had an idea for angle for himself, so yes i DO blame the wwe. What more could RVD do? He did everything they told him to, and did a good job.

Destor
09-23-2005, 11:39 AM
RVD would just have been told to shut up anyways if he had an idea for angle for himself, so yes i DO blame the WWE. What more could RVD do? He did everything they told him to, and did a good job.
If the guy came up with the ECW DVD and PPV, I doubt they would have turned down one angle. And Van Dam did a mediocre job. Van Dam has push, did kid yourself in believing he doesn't.

Pepsi Man
09-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Every feud without a title at stake is pointless? :?:

Destor
09-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Didn't you get the memo? Somebody should get you a memo....

Londoner
09-23-2005, 07:40 PM
pepsi man- Did I say everyf eud?Er, no. I was talking about this feud specifically because it started out with the title involved, without the title it takes away abit of the hype that was in the feud, it wont be totally pointless I guess, but would've been better if it was for the title.

vampiro03
09-23-2005, 08:24 PM
pepsi man- Did I say everyf eud?Er, no. I was talking about this feud specifically because it started out with the title involved, without the title it takes away abit of the hype that was in the feud, it wont be totally pointless I guess, but would've been better if it was for the title.

obviously wwe isn't doing anything different with rvd than they have done for the last 3 years, hear the people cheer mad crazy and stick him on Heat. waz up TL for neg'in me for laughing at kk's dubley boys table jokes?

Chavo Classic
09-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Grammar and correct spelling are your friends

vampiro03
09-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Grammar and correct spelling are your friends

waz=whats
neg'in=giving someone a negative rep
dubley=DUDLEY is copyrighted so, it should be dubley

Londoner
09-24-2005, 06:33 AM
obviously wwe isn't doing anything different with rvd than they have done for the last 3 years, hear the people cheer mad crazy and stick him on Heat. waz up TL for neg'in me for laughing at kk's dubley boys table jokes?

I was spreading rep out of boredom.I felt your post wasn't worthy of a positive rep though, so i neg repped you instead.It was a wrong post, at the wrong time.I shall give you a positive rep next time i'm in the mood.

Chavo Classic
09-24-2005, 09:43 AM
waz=whats
neg'in=giving someone a negative rep
dubley=DUDLEY is copyrighted so, it should be dubley

I don't need translations you ingorant fool. I understand your terminology and what not, it's just it pisses me off that you couldn't just type 'giving me a neg rep' instead of going through the effort of typing neg'in with the inclusion of a ' to show that you even thought of where to put the '.

p.s. The ' would be in the wrong place anyway