PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Spider-Man

Fox
09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Looks good. Anyone played this? I'm thinking bout picking it up tomorrow.

Just John
09-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah, Im getting this too

KingofOldSchool
09-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Getting it next weekend.

PAY DAY. :love:

Funky Fly
09-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Me wantee!

Any reviews from credible sites/magazines yet?

The Destroyer
09-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Not out here for another 3 weeks, damn release schedules. Looks good though, be interesting to see if they've retained much of the Spiderman 2 format.

loopydate
09-24-2005, 09:36 AM
From what I hear, it's supposed to be similar to SM2, but with an additional borough (sp?) to play in (Queens, I think) and the ability to play as Venom.

The Destroyer
09-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Hmm, odd, I thought I heard they were scaling down the game area. Unless they're just condensing things down a bit and not having true to life buildings etc.

Disturbed316
09-24-2005, 04:41 PM
I really want this, but may wait abit. Still got Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Destroy All Humans and Madden 06 to get through first :$

Vietnamese Crippler
09-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Me wantee!

Any reviews from credible sites/magazines yet?

http://cube.ign.com/articles/652/652928p1.html

Funky Fly
09-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Me likey!

Drakul
09-25-2005, 07:57 AM
I really want this, but may wait abit. Still got Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Destroy All Humans and Madden 06 to get through first :$
I can't beat the final boss on Destroy All Humans! :'(

Destor
09-25-2005, 08:24 AM
I didn't want it until I read the review, wow.

Just John
09-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah, sounds like its gonna be one cool game, throwing cars around as Venom:love:

Destor
09-25-2005, 09:26 AM
I've been doing that as The Hulk for weeks. :( Combat sounded fun though, I like the evasive fighting for Spidey, its more realistic (what an oxymoron.)

Just John
09-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah, apparently you can unlock more costumes too, like wrestling Spidey:love:

UmbrellaCorporation
09-25-2005, 11:16 AM
I rented it, and I will tell you all..

It's worth a rental, but in no way is it worth 50 bucks. Not because it isn't fun, because it is. Incredibly. Thing is though, the story mode can be finished in no time, and aside from a few unlockables, there's nothing much there.

Swinging has been dumbed down from the great system in Spider-Man 2, not to mention the fact that Spider-Man and Venom only have one dodge move. I was going to buy it (VENOM :love: ), but I'm glad I rented it and bought San Andreas and We Love Katamari instead. It's good, but not nearly as good as IGN says it is.

Just John
09-25-2005, 12:36 PM
I dont care, It'll take me a long time to finish

Disturbed316
09-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I can't beat the final boss on Destroy All Humans! :'(

I'm on the part where the President comes to town.

Skippord
09-26-2005, 01:52 AM
I've been doing that as The Hulk for weeks. :( Combat sounded fun though, I like the evasive fighting for Spidey, its more realistic (what an oxymoron.)

Venom>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk

Funky Fly
09-26-2005, 02:34 AM
But Hulk is strongest one there is. :(

Drakul
09-26-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm on the part where the President comes to town.
That parts kinda easy. The game kinda ruined itself for me in a way, storyline wise cos it gave away a certain part I didn't know cos it was too early on in the game.Wanna know it? :shifty:

UmbrellaCorporation
09-26-2005, 02:40 PM
That parts kinda easy. The game kinda ruined itself for me in a way, storyline wise cos it gave away a certain part I didn't know cos it was too early on in the game.Wanna know it? :shifty:

ROFL, if you're thinking of what I'm thinking of, it got me too. You are talking about (highlight to read) the Majestic Agent mentioning that Silhouette was a chick , then yeah. I was pissed but humored at the same time. :D

Drakul
09-27-2005, 12:40 AM
yerah thats the stuff right there. I was smiling but I was a little annoyed. Honestly never saw it coming :eek:

Fox
09-29-2005, 01:57 AM
The new swing system really really bothers me. It was the only thing I was hoping they would keep the same from SM2. You just can't get the same speed or height as you could before, not to mention accuracy. A good rent, but SM2 is a better buy.

AareDub
10-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I've played through a bit of it, but the chase missions piss me off to no end. I had to do the Electro chase SOOO many times.

Other than that, fun game.

Savio
10-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Gay game I can't find those "beatem up tours" bad radar and spidey sounds like a fag.

loopydate
10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Good game. I said before I played it "If this game is half as good as SM2 was, it will be worth playing." Turns out it's about 2/3 as good. Granted, I just started playing it today (stupid Blockbuster and their "no late fees" policy encouraging people to hold onto games for random amounts of time), but it's fun.

I kinda like the new Spidey voice. I mean, Peter's a weaselly little teenage dork, he should sound like one. His little one-liners are pretty good, too.

And that's the hardest Rhino has ever been to beat in a video game (not saying much, but still). The concrete/wrecking ball thing was pretty clever.

Kane Knight
10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Good rental game, but the replay all depends. I like the webswinging system, which most people seem to hate. Feels intuitive. The worst part about the game was those chase scenes. It's the only part that even remotely slowed me down. Sure, the bosses were difficult, but not insurmountable.

The chase scenes and saving people in the meanwhile was interesting, but bogged the game down, and quickly got old. The gameplay had a real lack of depth to it, and while it was fun doing city events (I'd even waste time swinging around finding them), there was limited interest there too. Got old fast.

The Graphics were pretty hot, but the game has too many flaws to work out for 50 bucks. Maybe when it's 20.

Yeah, Parker should sound like a little emo kid. He's a scrawny little bitch, Super-Hero or no. I think he and Storm (Human Torch) sound too similar.

I hate the Ultimate Venom, but that's not the game's fault.

I don't know why Savior's having so much trouble, but I had no trouble with the map for the most part. Combat tours were easy to find and not that difficult to do.

Dorkchop
11-13-2005, 01:24 PM
I got the game a few days ago. It's pretty fun so far. There should be more and different city missions. There are 3: take people to hospitals, fight crime, save somneone form falling. They're fun at first, but I'm slowly getting bored of them. I love swinging from building to building. My question, why can't to shoot your web wherever you want? I want to be able to shoot my web straight up and climb up it.

I'm still having so much fun with the game. I'm having problems with chasing Shocker as Venom. Someone help.