PDA

View Full Version : Corpse Bride

FourFifty
09-26-2005, 12:48 AM
If you haven't seen this movie by now there might be something wrong with you. If you liked The Nightmare Before Christmas you'll enjoy it as a piece of art. If you didn't like The Nightmare Before Christmas you'll enjoy it for the storyline. If you didn't see The Nightmare Before Christmas you really need to watch more movies.

I've seen it twice, and I'm already making plans for my 4th time seeing it. Why? Gee, what else is playing? Just like Heaven? Lords of War? PFFFT! Okay, that Emily Rose movie seems promising but I'll wait 'till it hits DVD.

Go see Corpse Bride!

PapaGeorgio
09-26-2005, 12:51 AM
I've been meaning to go see it. Either tomorrow or sometime later in the week I hope to see it.

FourFifty
09-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Saw it once with my best friend, saw it with my little sister, gonna see it with a former co-worker, and gonna take a current co-worker to see it. That movie is AWESOME!!!

The last time I was this hyped up about a movie that I already saw... wasn't too long ago in all honesty. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Downunder
09-26-2005, 01:16 AM
There must be something wrong with me.

Actually I don't really like Tim Burton

Amaroqwolf
09-26-2005, 01:55 AM
What is with Tim Burton, having Johnny Depp and Christopher Lee. There in like all of his movies, well recently...lol.

Otherwise good movie, can't wait to see it again!

Peace,

Corkscrewed
09-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Awesome awesome movie. I totally loved it. Gorgeous animation, a nice story (nothing too intricate, but enjoyable nonetheless), and surprisingly, a little bit of heart. Songs were enjoyable (tho not instant classics), and the movie as a whole is whimsical and fun. My favorite film of the year.

Ninti the Mad
09-26-2005, 02:58 AM
I like it but it was too short and had too many holes in the story.

Watching it once is enough unless you're retarded.

Also, Just like Heaven, wasnt really all that bad. It had a fresh storyline IMO and that guy knows how to act. Emily Rose was also alright even though I believe excorsims are BS so when I hear based on a true story, the movie loses all credibility.

loopydate
09-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, "based on a true story" inasmuch as it was based on a real trial.

But, as for "Corpse Bride," I really enjoyed it. I'm a fairly recent convert to Burtonmania ("Big Fish" is what put me over the top), but it seems to me that he's just as good now as he's ever been.

Also, I like that he uses the same actors over and over again (how wolf left Helena Bonham Carter off that list is beyond me). It adds to the Burton "feel."

FakeLaser
09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
It was really good, I thought. It was kind of short though.

Disturbed316
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Anyone know when this is out in the UK?

Champion of Europa
09-26-2005, 05:13 PM
If you haven't seen this movie by now there might be something wrong with you. If you liked The Nightmare Before Christmas you'll enjoy it as a piece of art. If you didn't like The Nightmare Before Christmas you'll enjoy it for the storyline. If you didn't see The Nightmare Before Christmas you really need to watch more movies.

I've seen it twice, and I'm already making plans for my 4th time seeing it. Why? Gee, what else is playing? Just like Heaven? Lords of War? PFFFT! Okay, that Emily Rose movie seems promising but I'll wait 'till it hits DVD.

Go see Corpse Bride!

Lord of War is excellent.